Shaqiri - Official: Signs for Liverpool

EkonOkereke

Reports I've seen say Liverpool are happy to listen for offers for Judas I think his time at Liverpool is done move on or stay as a bit part player are his options I think.
I don't think he would fit in our dressing room, what with him flashing all the medals he won leaving us.......

Funnily enough I think we had more Wembley club appearances while he was at scouseland than he did

I don't think he would fit in our dressing room, what with him flashing all the medals he won leaving us.......

Funnily enough I think we had more Wembley club appearances while he was at scouseland than he did

means little really

Seems a bit odd.

Its not odd though is it? Shaqiri is clearly one of those players who fancies himself as a bit special in his head he will walk into the Liverpool first eleven. Wages will be huge compared to Stoke, not doubt his low fee means a nice big signing on bonus and its Liverpool which players always get gooey eyed over playing for. From Liverpool's point of view he is a good player, for next to no money in todays market, that improves their squad depth.

I don't think he ever fit our profile of player. Look at someone like Vestergaard, how he speaks about earning team mate respect, his profile on and off the pitch etc. can you imagine Shaqiri doing the same? Questions on his fitness levels and work rate, was criticising his team mates in public and during games, doing controversial political stuff whilst on international duty, just too much baggage there.

Clearly very talented but a risky move, I mean Klopp is going to beast him, is he going to adapt and work hard? or is he going to be like a poisonous snake in that dressing room?

Do Liverpool actually need him, or was it, given the price, a bit of kleptomania?

Good player at the price. Given the number of games they'll be playing he'll be a useful option from time to time.

Also none of their rivals gets him, not to be sniffed at at when there'll be a 6 team competition for 4 ECL places again this season.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Its not odd though is it? Shaqiri is clearly one of those players who fancies himself as a bit special in his head he will walk into the Liverpool first eleven. Wages will be huge compared to Stoke, not doubt his low fee means a nice big signing on bonus and its Liverpool which players always get gooey eyed over playing for. From Liverpool's point of view he is a good player, for next to no money in todays market, that improves their squad depth.

It's odd because they've already got Firmino, Sturridge, Origi, Mané, Salah, Lallana, AOC, Ings, Wijnaldum, Milner, Solanke and Woodburn, competing for about 4 spaces in their team.

It's odd because they've already got Firmino, Sturridge, Origi, Mané, Salah, Lallana, AOC, Ings, Wijnaldum, Milner, Solanke and Woodburn, competing for about 4 spaces in their team.

AOC is out for a while I think. Solanke,Origi and Ings won't make the grade, Milner and Lallana are pushing past it, Wijnaldum showed he's not really top class in an offensive role when he was called upon at the end of last season and I've no idea who Woodburn is. They probably need a clear out but they'll have a right old job shifting some of them.

Edited by Window Cleaner

AOC is out for a while I think. Solanke,Origi and Ings won't make the grade, Milner and Lallana are pushing past it, Wijnaldum showed he's not really top class in an offensive role when he was called upon at the end of last season and I've no idea who Woodburn is. They probably need a clear out but they'll have a right old job shifting some of them.

Woodburn is a kid who has played a few mins for Liverpool. Because it was for Liverpool the hype is there.

Ah the latest of the next Steven Gerrards then.

It’s the same when some lad called Foden is talked about is being the next super star. He took part in 5 games for city last year. That is it

For his own good, he needs a season where he will play 30+ games.

Go as far and say Rashford needs out of United ASAP, same with Loftus-Cheek

It’s the same when some lad called Foden is talked about is being the next super star. He took part in 5 games for city last year. That is it

For his own good, he needs a season where he will play 30+ games.

Go as far and say Rashford needs out of United ASAP, same with Loftus-Cheek

Probably, thought Rashford looked really green when he came on against Croatia. You could kind of tell the vast gap between the experience of Rakatic, Modric and Perisic and the greeness of Delle, Rashford etc.

To be fair, he does offer something different to that lot. None of them can sit on the wing and wobble and moan. Stoke (and Hughes) indulged him more than we indulged Bou-awful; Like him, he scores some great goals, but is not a great goalscorer.

and Shaqiri is better than about 8 of them

In the league it's basically Mané, Salah plus 1, behind Firmino. Away from home and playing the better teams I can see Klopp going with a less offensive, harder working option like Wijnaldum or Milner. AOC will be ahead of him when fit and I personally would have Lallana too.

That's some wage bill............

You missed Wilson who is probably their most talented youngster at the moment aside Alexander-Arnold.

• 6 months later...