Shaqiri - Official: Signs for Liverpool

EkonOkereke

Everton are a financial mess needing to sell players to free up transfer funds and wages....

Given VVD's sales, one of the lower wage to turnover ratios in the league, and year on year record tv incomes, I am also shocked that we can't compete with everton....

:mcinnes:

Also, if we are competing for the same players as a champions league finalist, you have to expect to miss out more often than not.... but not to clubs like Everton. That just shows a complete lack of ambition, and more lying to the fans. Facts of life.

Shaqiri has spent much of his career warming the benches of top clubs, presumably he went to Stoke to get first team chances, which he's not going to get at Liverpool with the amount of options they have now in midfield.

He's a very decent player and I'd have thought he could get a better offer than us. Swapping one relegation threatened club with (what he may think is) another may not be what he wants, even though I firmly believe we'll be OK next season (mid table mediocrity).

If we were to get him though it would be a great signing. How did he get on with Sparky in his time there?

Swap deal for Carillo, maybe he could do a job in the champ :) .

Liverpool close to Fekir, so not sure why they would need Shaqiri.

If they do sign him we should try to steal Harry Wilson off them, 7 goals and 4 assists in 14 games on loan for a struggling Hull side last year.

Apparently talks have collapsed.

I am Swiss fan and if Shaqiri comes to St Marys he will probably end up taking a restraining order against me cos I will be outside before every game wanting to touch him.

When he signs my flag he will say: "Man, I already signed this 20 times - there's my signature from last week..."

We should also go for the CB Fabian Schar - very underrated and goal threat from set pieces as well. At Deportivo La Coruna who got relegated from La Liga so would be likely available.

I am Swiss fan and if Shaqiri comes to St Marys he will probably end up taking a restraining order against me cos I will be outside before every game wanting to touch him.

When he signs my flag he will say: "Man, I already signed this 20 times - there's my signature from last week..."

We should also go for the CB Fabian Schar - very underrated and goal threat from set pieces as well. At Deportivo La Coruna who got relegated from La Liga so would be likely available.

I thought we were heavily linked with him before he left Hoffenheim after Fonte's departure from Saints. Story at the time that Hoffenheim jacked the price to £10m and Les refused to pay it. End of the season he went to Spain for about £4m.He seemed quite a prospect a few years ago but his career doesn't seem to have fulfilled the promise he showed at Basel.

I like Les Reed, feel he has done a fantastic job. But has dropped a clanger on this deal. So close, yet so far.

If a deal was close and the club were usurped by Liverpool... how is that a clanger by Les Reed/Saints? Liverpool are a significantly wealthier club, offering bigger wages and Champions League football. That isn't a "clanger", that is the reality of football when a richer club makes a player an offer.

If a deal was close and the club were usurped by Liverpool... how is that a clanger by Les Reed/Saints? Liverpool are a significantly wealthier club, offering bigger wages and Champions League football. That isn't a "clanger", that is the reality of football when a richer club makes a player an offer.

You wouldn't understand the complexities of transfer negotiations in real life, stick to that glorified excel spreadsheet simulator.

We have been actively Scouting USA, Spain, Germany, Latvia and Scotland. Three teams of interest came up, Celta Vigo, Atlanta United FC and Spartaks Jūrmala.

Love and Light.

As an Atlanta United and a Saints fan I don't think any of the Atlanta players would be willing to step down to play for Saints, It's a step backwards TBH after last season. They play in a brand new stadium in front of 75K fans for an attack minded former Argentina and Barca manager. They entertain with their fast flowing game and tactics, that would not fit in at St. Marys.

As an Atlanta United and a Saints fan I don't think any of the Atlanta players would be willing to step down to play for Saints, It's a step backwards TBH after last season. They play in a brand new stadium in front of 75K fans for an attack minded former Argentina and Barca manager. They entertain with their fast flowing game and tactics, that would not fit in at St. Marys.

Can i ask what Miguel Almirón is like?

I can think of one decent rea$on.

Can i ask what Miguel Almirón is like?

He's the heart and soul of the Atl Utd team, fast and tricky with a footballing brain too. A box to box player both ways, doesn't hesitate to back track 20-30 yards to win the ball back and is very good and winning the ball back. He's given a lot of freedom by the coach to play.

Oh please why do we have this joker on the forum still. HeisenCvnt or whatever your name is today
Steady mate, show a little respect or you'll be receiving some pretty strong PM's pretty damn soon. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Ekonokereke wouldn’t be a problem if people stop replying on his posts. Really frustrating to read this crap

Good thinking. Then we could leave each of his alter egos to talk to each other while the rest of us ignore the whole damn thread.

Good thinking. Then we could leave each of his alter egos to talk to each other while the rest of us ignore the whole damn thread.

Should just let him have his own thread, then Bournemouth / Glasgow / Heisenberg / EkonOkereke and whatever his other logins are, can have a conversation with himself.

Bring back the football.

Love watching Atlanta.

I know we’d tagged Josef Martinez at Torino... I wonder if we’re still watching him?

Love watching Atlanta.

Josef Martinez... I wonder if we’re still watching him?

He's a good player but too small for the premier league I think.

He is taller than Maradona, the same height as Messi and slightly shorter than Pele, are Maradona, Pele and Messi "too small for the Premier League"?

Players should be judged on ability... not size.

Edited by Matthew Le God

He is taller than Maradona, the same height as Messi and slightly shorter than Pele, are Maradona, Pele and Messi "too small for the Premier League"?

Players should be judged on ability... not size.

As I said it is my opinion that he is too small for the premier league, as I watch him every week. He's also slow to get back onside when an attack breaks down too. Don't get me wrong he is a great player.

Also I don't remember any of the players you have listed ever playing in the Premier League. LOL.

As I said it is my opinion that he is too small for the premier league, as I watch him every week. He's also slow to get back onside when an attack breaks down too. Don't get me wrong he is a great player.

Also I don't remember any of the players you have listed ever playing in the Premier League. LOL.

Thanks for the input Atlanta, don't let MLG scare you off! :p

Yeah, ta for the input.

I always thought he could be quite useful despite his diminutive size. Good pace, technique, thumping shot and a good header of the ball.