Shaqiri - Official: Signs for Liverpool

EkonOkereke

That comment went back to bite didn t it.

On a sidenote, if shaqiri continues to impress we have no chance of getting him

He had a massive 2014 WC and went to Stoke.....

Another good Euros in 2016 and remained at Stoke....

Weirder things have happened. Probably.

That comment went back to bite didn t it.

On a sidenote, if shaqiri continues to impress we have no chance of getting him

Don't be silly, all top clubs in Europe know about Shaqiri and what he can do , he isn't some young unknown suddenly scoring in the WC.

Still think his wages would be the biggest issue.

It was a superb performance from him last night although he was obviously pumped up because he was playing against his ‘friends’ from Serbia. If he played like that every week then Saints would have no chance in signing him, but of course he doesn’t. Maybe there is a chance he will come, depends on how he performs in the next games. Switzerland look very useful and may go far in this tournament.

Not saying we have a fickle bunch of fans...

But after Brazil game he was not wanted, lazy and overweight (mostly as Neville told us so)

Then he scores against Serbia and suddenly he's the man and and improvement on Tadic.

giphy.gif

Savage.

overweight (mostly as Neville told us so)

giphy.gif

To be fair when he took his shirt off after scoring the goal, I actually thought that he did look like he was carrying some extra pounds.

I mean don't get me wrong, he is still probably in better shape than most people on the planet, but he looked like he had the physique of the poser blokes you see down the gym rather than that of an elite athlete.

He'll come to us over Liverpool if Liverpool don't actually want to sign him. Which is probably the case.

Much like Tadic, we are the right level for Shaquiri. Mid-rank Premier league.

Would be a decent signing for us and a pretty pointless signing for Liverpool.

IF Eko turns out to be right about Shaqiri some people will have cabbage on their face
There's a subliminal message in there somewhere but im struggling to understand it, obviously far too subtle for me.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Because they underperformed. Are you claiming there’s more competition for places at saints than liverpool pal?

I'm saying that coming to saints doesn't guarantee a starting place. The other post implied that it would be the case. Why are you calling me pal?

I'm saying that coming to saints doesn't guarantee a starting place. The other post implied that it would be the case. Why are you calling me pal?
If Shaquiri signs for Liverpool he will know he will have a real challenge to be a first team regular. He'll be a squad player.

If he signs for us he will expect to start 30+ plus games as a central member of the first choice team. Like, say, Tadic was.

Really, really not difficult to understand is it?

If Shaquiri signs for Liverpool he will know he will have a real challenge to be a first team regular. He'll be a squad player.

If he signs for us he will expect to start 30+ plus games as a central member of the first choice team. Like, say, Tadic was.

Really, really not difficult to understand is it?

He's got a point. Boufal, Carillo, even Gabbi were record or near-record signings for us and they sat on the bench. Obviously he'd be far more likely to start regularly for us than the dippers, but norway's right, there's no guarantee of that.

Having said that, the existing relationship with Hughes would also probably be a factor.

He's got a point. Boufal, Carillo, even Gabbi were record or near-record signings for us and they sat on the bench. Obviously he'd be far more likely to start regularly for us than the dippers, but norway's right, there's no guarantee of that.

Having said that, the existing relationship with Hughes would also probably be a factor.

Yes, we know - but they underperformed. Shaqiri will be in and out of the team due to Champions League and the other competitions Liverpool are in, regardless of performance.

You know players like Tadic and Bertrand and Cedric are regulars right? Rants what Shaquiri would expect, as Gabbiadini expected too.

More excited for shaqiri then elyounoussi. Has all the tools this guy, savage shooting pace and power. Think he needs a team where he can stand out and be one of the main men and he will flourish.. being a squad player at Liverpool would be Bayern and inter all over again

More excited for shaqiri then elyounoussi. Has all the tools this guy, savage shooting pace and power. Think he needs a team where he can stand out and be one of the main men and he will flourish.. being a squad player at Liverpool would be Bayern and inter all over again

Me too. Shaqiri has shown he can play in the PL and on a national stage. To me anyway, the jury is still out on Elyounoussi. Sure he'll be on the squad, but he could be another ok rotational guy. Fine, but not a Tadic replacement. Shaqiri clearly is a Tadic replacement, if not better.

Me too. Shaqiri has shown he can play in the PL and on a national stage. To me anyway, the jury is still out on Elyounoussi. Sure he'll be on the squad, but he could be another ok rotational guy. Fine, but not a Tadic replacement. Shaqiri clearly is a Tadic replacement, if not better.

For me, Shaqiri is overrated. You have to build the team round him and I'm not sure he delivers consistently enough for a club like Saints to do that.

Yes, the jury is out on Elyounnousi as he's coming to a new league and will need to settle in. But did you see what he did to Manchester City in the Champions League? And you think he'll be a squad player.

For me, Shaqiri is overrated. You have to build the team round him and I'm not sure he delivers consistently enough for a club like Saints to do that.

Yes, the jury is out on Elyounnousi as he's coming to a new league and will need to settle in. But did you see what he did to Manchester City in the Champions League? And you think he'll be a squad player.

With it looking like boufal is still out of favour or going we are gonna need another else we are gonna be stuck with Redmond all season. Will also be nice to have a couple of wide attackers that can score goals something we have lacked a lot since mane left,

At least shaqiri has this in his locker that he is not a weak shooter like tadic and Redmond

We may see the best of Redmond (hopefully) under Hughes. He has been destroyed by old manager and so called 'fans'. He can be a match winner, running at defences, the Norwegian guy will cash in on that with a bundle of goals between them

Hard to see him picking us over Liverpool if theyre interested. Yes people think he will be a squad player there but he certainly wont be thinking that. Hes hardly lacking in confidence and no doubt believes that he will be a starter. Not to mention Liverpool are building a strong team and he gets champions league football

Hard to see him picking us over Liverpool if theyre interested. Yes people think he will be a squad player there but he certainly wont be thinking that. Hes hardly lacking in confidence and no doubt believes that he will be a starter. Not to mention Liverpool are building a strong team and he gets champions league football

I can see why they want him though.

They've got Ings / Sturridge / Solanke in reserve they are all central strikers.

They don't really have multifunctional forwards in reserve.

How do we know we are interested in him? I am sure the media assume that Hughes would want him because they worked together at Stoke, but that doesn’t mean Les has his cheque book at the ready.

Saw this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5872680/mark-hughes-eyeing-20million-stoke-ace-xherdan-shaqiri-this-summer/

But I remain sceptical at the moment but would probably be good if we could get him in and Boufal out

Saw this

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5872680/mark-hughes-eyeing-20million-stoke-ace-xherdan-shaqiri-this-summer/

But I remain sceptical at the moment but would probably be good if we could get him in and Boufal out

That’s old news from just after Hughes took over and just assumed we’d be after him. I don’ think there’s much chance unless it’s a cheeky last minute raid and I’m not sure £20m is good business either...£15m max. player for me given Stokes situation.

Heisenberg

This message is hidden because Heisenberg is on your ignore list.

My first ever ignoree, due to those irritating animated "look at my post" gifs.

Because you're attention seeking is less annoying? :lol: :mcinnes:

As it’s been made public by the club that Mo isn’t a Tadic replacement I just wonder if there is something in this

I thought the gist of Hughes’s comment was that Moi isn’t a direct replacement as he has a different skill set.