Shared Platter Restaurant

Saint in Paradise

Any of you youngsters been to one of those types of establishments and if so what did you think of them?

We went out on an organised "mystery trip" and ended up at one of these. The place looked very clean,

the staff were very keen, fast and gave excellent service but to me a lot of the food was awful. The platters

were *small especially as they were shared by individual groups of four hungry old sods. Of the eight dishes 4 were

what they looked like to me, and a very small **thimble sized chocolate dessert. I did enjoy the polenta chips,the

cauliflower risotto balls and, only because I was hungry I managed to eat the over spiced chicken. Mind you some of

the others at our table didn't eat the polenta chips, risotto balls or spicy chicken so that helped.:D

* By small I mean that there were 8 polenta chips, 4 risotto balls and 4 small chocolate dessert things to be shared by

4 people.

** Thimble sized - if you don't know what a thimble is ask your grandmothers.

My wife really enjoyed it but at the prices charged there I am very doubtful that we will be returning by ourselves. :D

America usually does it right. Give everyone too much on separate plates so that discerning people get a doggy bag and get two meals, while most just eat it all and become lumps of lard and use the disabled electric carts at supermarkets to fill up with even more food.

Edited by Ohio Saint