Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

Do you wear a red baseball cap and are generally angry that you have little power in your life?

Car stickers can help

Not sure what you mean? I was commenting that there is rhetoric on both sides that encourages OTHER people to extreme views, not myself. My own views are pretty central, like most ordinary people. So 10 years ago, when the left was more central, I identified with them. More recently the right is closer to the middle ground, and so I identify more with them, but in the grand scheme, I’m pretty centrist...

Not sure what you mean? I was commenting that there is rhetoric on both sides that encourages OTHER people to extreme views, not myself. My own views are pretty central, like most ordinary people. So 10 years ago, when the left was more central, I identified with them. More recently the right is closer to the middle ground, and so I identify more with them, but in the grand scheme, I’m pretty centrist...

The centre has moved to the right unfortunately, so mildly left policies are decried as communist, and xenophobia is tolerated as normal.

You’re a special kind of special. Trump has certainly radicalised -counter-radicalised- some on the left; but the serious evidence shows that Republican politicians are generally more extreme in their views than Democrats never mind the vast majority of political violence over the past decade has been on the right, not the left.

You’re a special kind of special. Trump has certainly radicalised -counter-radicalised- some on the left; but the serious evidence shows that Republican politicians are generally more extreme in their views than Democrats never mind the vast majority of political violence over the past decade has been on the right, not the left.

Talking of whom...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6323781/Active-shooter-Pittsburgh-synagogue.html

No doubt one of Trump's 'good people' - a Bible quoting, guns-blazing, far-right, pure white Jew hater.

Trump has certainly radicalised -counter-radicalised- some on the left; but the serious evidence shows that Republican politicians are generally more extreme in their views than Democrats never mind the vast majority of political violence over the past decade has been on the right, not the left.

In the US it’s right wing idiots but remarkably in Europe bullets usually come from the left. I wonder why...

For example?

In the 70's and 80's die Rote Armee Fraktion and Brigato Rosso who murdered politicians, in the Netherlands a leftie put a bullet in the head of Pim Fortuyn who was going to win the elections in 2002. I can't remember a right wing lunatic murdering a left wing politician in Europe, can you? Though it might not take long before that happens considering the way things are developing in Germany for example.

I can't remember a right wing lunatic murdering a left wing politician in Europe, can you? Though it might not take long before that happens considering the way things are developing in Germany for example.

Jo Cox two years ago, outside a public library...

Terrible, terrible event.

He hated Trump...

Other than latching onto the recent alt-right, republican, trump conspiracy theory that Soros was funding the migrant caravans at the southern border - or as Paul Krugman put it Jewish financiers are scheming to replace white Americans with brown people. The perpetrator had doubled down on the conspiracy in the days leading up to the attack, accusing other Jewish organisations of doing the same.

In the 70's and 80's die Rote Armee Fraktion and Brigato Rosso who murdered politicians, in the Netherlands a leftie put a bullet in the head of Pim Fortuyn who was going to win the elections in 2002. I can't remember a right wing lunatic murdering a left wing politician in Europe, can you? Though it might not take long before that happens considering the way things are developing in Germany for example.

How did you forget Utuya in 2011? There's even a movie about it on release right now! Sixty-seven mostly young Norwegian Labour party members shot dead at point-blank range, and a total of 209 injured on the attack at Utuya and the explosion at the government offices of the Stoltenberg, the ruling Labour PM.

And, as GM says, Jo Cox, shot and stabbed to death for not being a vile racist, in the midst of the Brexit referendum campaign.

How did you forget Utuya in 2011? There's even a movie about it on release right now! Sixty-seven mostly young Norwegian Labour party members shot dead at point-blank range, and a total of 209 injured on the attack at Utuya and the explosion at the government offices of the Stoltenberg, the ruling Labour PM.

And, as GM says, Jo Cox, shot and stabbed to death for not being a vile racist, in the midst of the Brexit referendum campaign.

That one didn't spring to mind as a political killing but it is of course. Maybe it has to do with the massive scale, even Wikipedia doesn't mention it on their list of assassinations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assassinations_in_Europe

Other than latching onto the recent alt-right, republican, trump conspiracy theory that Soros was funding the migrant caravans at the southern border - or as Paul Krugman put it Jewish financiers are scheming to replace white Americans with brown people. The perpetrator had doubled down on the conspiracy in the days leading up to the attack, accusing other Jewish organisations of doing the same.
He's obviously an anti semitic loon who believes some weird conspiracy theories but it's also clear that he hated Trump even if they shared some similar incorrect beliefs.

He's obviously an anti semitic loon who believes some weird conspiracy theories but it's also clear that he hated Trump even if they shared some similar incorrect beliefs.

Where are you getting that from? All I've seen reported is that he had criticised him for being too globalist (which is not a word that any sane person would use to describe him, let's be honest).

Where are you getting that from? All I've seen reported is that he had criticised him for being too globalist (which is not a word that any sane person would use to describe him, let's be honest).
There were a few images but most have been deleted now. These were the only two I could find. As you say complete fruit loop but then you probably would have to be to do something so evil. 49faf63613a82c63e04e6463220e4af1.jpg9b3e570375c6af8049e9d80fcb7a41f0.jpg

He hated Trump...

He didn't 'hate' Trump. We know all too well what happens to people he 'hates'. He shoots them at point-blank range with military-grade weaponry. The murderer also seems to subscribe to the QAnon conspiracy theory, an utterly bonkers meme that has Trump at the centre of a battle to rescue children from the paedophile clutches of Democrats/Jews, etc. QAnon is ending the same way the equally repellant, and Trump-endorsed, Pizzagate conspiracy theory did: with shots fired. Only this time, people actually died.

But talking of the Jew-killer's attitude towards Trump is also to miss the point. He may have disagreements with him. But Trump and the Jew-killer express their political opinions in exactly the same way: they divide the world between 'globalists' (usually a euphemism for Jews) and 'nationalists'. This is a binary propagated by Steve Bannon while he was Trump's campaign manager.

And whatever the opinions of the neo-Nazis about Trump, they find friendly space under the Trump regime. For example, the administration has cut funding to zero for deradicalisation work on neo-Nazis. I doubt that this is entirely unrelated to Trump's finding 'very fine' people among the violent white-supremacists in Charlottesville. People Trump doesn't find 'very fine' now include the political donor Tom Steyer, who switched from Republican to Democrat, and who was the recipient of one of the MAGAbomber's little packages. Steyer, as of yesterday's Trump twitter rant, is a 'stumbling lunatic'. This is on top of his routine calls for his political opponents to be imprisoned - something that his adorting 'base' swoon over.

Trump has so thoroughly normalised violent language that we barely notice it any more. And that is extremely dangerous - literally.

He didn't 'hate' Trump. We know all too well what happens to people he 'hates'. He shoots them at point-blank range with military-grade weaponry. The murderer also seems to subscribe to the QAnon conspiracy theory, an utterly bonkers meme that has Trump at the centre of a battle to rescue children from the paedophile clutches of Democrats/Jews, etc. QAnon is ending the same way the equally repellant, and Trump-endorsed, Pizzagate conspiracy theory did: with shots fired. Only this time, people actually died.

But talking of the Jew-killer's attitude towards Trump is also to miss the point. He may have disagreements with him. But Trump and the Jew-killer express their political opinions in exactly the same way: they divide the world between 'globalists' (usually a euphemism for Jews) and 'nationalists'. This is a binary propagated by Steve Bannon while he was Trump's campaign manager.

And whatever the opinions of the neo-Nazis about Trump, they find friendly space under the Trump regime. For example, the administration has cut funding to zero for deradicalisation work on neo-Nazis. I doubt that this is entirely unrelated to Trump's finding 'very fine' people among the violent white-supremacists in Charlottesville. People Trump doesn't find 'very fine' now include the political donor Tom Steyer, who switched from Republican to Democrat, and who was the recipient of one of the MAGAbomber's little packages. Steyer, as of yesterday's Trump twitter rant, is a 'stumbling lunatic'. This is on top of his routine calls for his political opponents to be imprisoned - something that his adorting 'base' swoon over.

Trump has so thoroughly normalised violent language that we barely notice it any more. And that is extremely dangerous - literally.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/10/29/pittsburgh-shooting-some-jewish-leaders-dont-want-trump-visit/1805115002/

Some Pittsburgh Jewish leaders to Trump: Don't come until you denounce white nationalism

How dare Antifa try to stand up to these sorts of fine people.

How dare Antifa try to stand up to these sorts of fine people.

Your virtue is duly signalled. The largest single group of counter-protesters that day were ordinary residents of Charlottesville, who were sickened by the Ku Klux Klan rally that preceded the Unite the Right march and wanted to show their disgust. Then there were a thousand or so local religious group members, plus Black Lives Matter, civil rights activists, students and staff from the University of Virginia, local business figures, etc., etc. Why single out in such a sectarian way one of the smallest groups there? It's very odd.

Your virtue is duly signalled. The largest single group of counter-protesters that day were ordinary residents of Charlottesville, who were sickened by the Ku Klux Klan rally that preceded the Unite the Right march and wanted to show their disgust. Then there were a thousand or so local religious group members, plus Black Lives Matter, civil rights activists, students and staff from the University of Virginia, local business figures, etc., etc. Why single out in such a sectarian way one of the smallest groups there? It's very odd.

More directed at hypochondriac who blames them for provoking the right wingers such as this murderer.

• 2 weeks later...
Wherever the Saintsweb finger is, it certainly isn't on the pulse. No one notice there was an election yesterday and Trump got pied?

Ched Evans is more the cup of tea. Blokes showing how much testosterone they have, many of whom areTrumo sympathisers.

Edited by whelk

Wherever the Saintsweb finger is, it certainly isn't on the pulse. No one notice there was an election yesterday and Trump got pied?
Considering trump is literally Hitler it's a rather surprising underachievement for the Democrats. I believe it's the first time in over 100 years that the party in power have gained seats and kept control of the senate and much less seats lost in the house than either Obama or Clinton. Certainly not the "blue wave" the Democrats were hoping for at all. Democrats will probably be praying that Ginsburg doesn't pop her clogs any time in the next two years. Edited by hypochondriac

It’s funny because I was on call last night, so was listening to radio and looking at different Twitter accounts to keep updated. Most pundits from both sides accepted there were mixed results with both sides disappointed in some respects, but also both could point to good news as well. The general consensus was there’s never quite been mid terms like it. Of course I woke up to the BBC spinning it as pretty horrendous for Trump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s funny because I was on call last night, so was listening to radio and looking at different Twitter accounts to keep updated. Most pundits from both sides accepted there were mixed results with both sides disappointed in some respects, but also both could point to good news as well. The general consensus was there’s never quite been mid terms like it. Of course I woke up to the BBC spinning it as pretty horrendous for Trump.

I thought you worked in a shop.

Awwww nasty BBC poor little Donny. Turn over to Fox pal

Very mature.

Clearly I misunderstood their charter. Still, it’ll be worth watching when The Donald wraps up another 4 years, some BBC employees will be suicidal.

No you look for bias. I watched bbc this morning and actually thought poor reporting giving prominence by talking about his fcking tweets about tremendous victory.

What radio station were you listening to? Surely not Radio 4?

Guess you write to BBC Question Time complaining Nigel Farage doesn’t get enough airtime cos it bbc is full of leftie pinko chicks.

No you look for bias. I watched bbc this morning and actually thought poor reporting giving prominence by talking about his fcking tweets about tremendous victory.

What radio station were you listening to? Surely not Radio 4?

Guess you write to BBC Question Time complaining Nigel Farage doesn’t get enough airtime cos it bbc is full of leftie pinko chicks.

Tbf I don't think it's particularly controversial to state that the BBC have a clear left wing bias. People within the organisation have said as much themselves.

Very mature.

Clearly I misunderstood their charter. Still, it’ll be worth watching when The Donald wraps up another 4 years, some BBC employees will be suicidal.

Sent from my iPad using Crapatalk

Odd little paranoid world you live in. Was the TV you were watching actually switched on?

Sopel was if anything underplaying the consequences of the election for Trump. Evidence of its awfulness for the orange one has just arrived with his panicked firing of Sessions.

Mueller and tax returns now on their way...