Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

Well done to Sadiq Khan. It appears that spending your time whipping up protests against the visit of the President of the United States, rather than tackling violent crime in London is bearing fruit:

_102494787_9439728b-bb68-4bea-8200-df336de57c56.jpg

The rising level of violent crime in London has nothing to do with Sadiq Khan and Trump's visit, and everything to do with massive cuts to the police budget and officer numbers by the Tory government.

The rising level of violent crime in London has nothing to do with Sadiq Khan and Trump's visit, and everything to do with massive cuts to the police budget and officer numbers by the Tory government.
its always down to the Tories. Please tell what percentage of the Police actually walk the streets now or ever?? IMO it is that as we get a larger mix of people throughout the world coming into our country who do not respect the Police, or our law we will only get more violent crime. Police on the streets will not get a drop in violence, it just makes us feel safer. A Bobby walking on the beat is unlikely to be in the right place at the right time.

Well done to Sadiq Khan. It appears that spending your time whipping up protests against the visit of the President of the United States, rather than tackling violent crime in London is bearing fruit:

_102494787_9439728b-bb68-4bea-8200-df336de57c56.jpg

that is horrific, at first I thought it was a still from Silence of the Lambs. I see they are saying this attack is now being put down as a robbery, but the level of violence strikes me as an attack of blind hatred. No doubt the powers that be want it to be seen as random

its always down to the Tories. Please tell what percentage of the Police actually walk the streets now or ever?? IMO it is that as we get a larger mix of people throughout the world coming into our country who do not respect the Police, or our law we will only get more violent crime. Police on the streets will not get a drop in violence, it just makes us feel safer. A Bobby walking on the beat is unlikely to be in the right place at the right time.

You seem to be forgetting about the Home Office report which pretty much concluded that reduced police budget and numbers was highly likely to be a contributing factor in the rise in violent crime - the one that Amber Rudd pretended she hadn't read after she contradicted it.

that is horrific, at first I thought it was a still from Silence of the Lambs. I see they are saying this attack is now being put down as a robbery, but the level of violence strikes me as an attack of blind hatred. No doubt the powers that be want it to be seen as random

At this stage there is absolutely zero evidence that it was anything else.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44806139

You seem to be forgetting about the Home Office report which pretty much concluded that reduced police budget and numbers was highly likely to be a contributing factor in the rise in violent crime - the one that Amber Rudd pretended she hadn't read after she contradicted it.

At this stage there is absolutely zero evidence that it was anything else.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44806139

I hadn't seen the BBC report just the Evening Standard piece.Still an horrific attack. If it was a 16year old boy and 15 year old girl, that is a pretty scarry reflection on the state of society

Sir Christopher is an outspoken presence on social media, and has called for Britain to engage with Mr Trump rather than turn its back on him.He served as British ambassador to the US from 1997 to 2003, coinciding with events including 9/11 and the preparation for the war in Iraq.Lady Meyer added: "At first I thought that the attack was politically motivated. He is opinionated, and sometimes people have different opinions, but the police told me they believe that it is more likely that they might have wanted to rob him."

I'm not sure what we can do. So we have a nation with massive national debt, we want more Police, more money for the NHS, more for schools, more libraries, more for defence, re-nationalisation of the Railways and Utilities how are we going to get there??? I don't feel right to borrow more for my grandchildren to have to pay back. You have to cut your cloth accordingly, and we only have so much to go around.

Forget not every civil servant , Nurse, Policeman etc is another massive pension and all that comes with it to pay for. It is a dilemna

Hard to make out what’s going on. This is different in the sense that an ordinary member of the public has been attacked whereas many of the victims know their attackers or mix in similar circles. Only a couple of weeks there was stabbing in Archway nearby where I live. I pass the crime scene virtually everyday but I’m blissfully unaware of any threat or feel any sense of danger.

A Bobby doesn’t have to walk a beat for the police to have a “presence.” They are more likely to be in mobile instant responce units now apart from the fact that the Criminal Justice System has been decimated by Government cuts due to the austerity measures. You don’t see as many police cars around - hardly ever on motorways now.

What a cnt.

- humiliates his host after she pulls out all stops

- suggests Boris, who has done more to undermine her than anyone else, should be PM

- patronises her by “telling” her how to do Brexit

- throws hand grenade under her new Brexit plans

Feel sorry for May. Just a bully and knows she is weak.

What a cnt.

- suggests Boris, who has done more to undermine her than anyone else, should be PM

Should have made Ali G foreign secretary for the duration of his visit...

What a cnt.

He is a mate of Farage. We don't know what he has plotted to get his way.

If the US don't do a deal then it is chaos supreme once we are cut away.

He is a mate of Farage. We don't know what he has plotted to get his way.

If the US don't do a deal then it is chaos supreme once we are cut away.

And Boris, in fact that Sun article stinks of him. The thought of that corpulent, loafing oaf as PM is appalling, thankfully many Tory MPs seem to agree, including cabinet ministers.

The fact that hard-line Brexiteers, and plenty of the muppets on the other thread here, actually think Trump would actually help the UK if there was a Brexit no deal is astonishing. Wakey wakey, a President elected on a 'America First' platform, who is ripping up every trade deal that doesn't overwhelmingly favour of the US, ignoring basic principles of balance of trade. Rees-Mogg and co are so obsessed with the Republican far right/Alt Right they can't see it and think Trump is a great bloke and an ally. How naive can you get? Would you trust Trump at all based on all the lunatic things he's said and done? He's as trustworthy as Hitler was in 1938.

Whatever think of May, she's having to clear up the appalling mess and lies from Vote Leave. Boris had two years to come up with alternative Brexit deal proposals and wasn't up to it at all, even with a huge staff. None of the Brexteers have cut it in government at all (Davis, Fox, Johnson, Grayling) and the public just wants a economy doing OK and limits on freedom of movement which this deal might generate. The big losers would be the City of London, but then wasn't that an element of protest in the EU referendum e.g. 'it's the City of London's GDP'? The loss of tax yield will hurt though. Would have been best if the electorate had engaged it's brain in 2016, but we are where we are.

And Boris, in fact that Sun article stinks of him. The thought of that corpulent, loafing oaf as PM is appalling, thankfully many Tory MPs seem to agree, including cabinet ministers.

The fact that hard-line Brexiteers, and plenty of the muppets on the other thread here, actually think Trump would actually help the UK if there was a Brexit no deal is astonishing. Wakey wakey, a President elected on a 'America First' platform, who is ripping up every trade deal that doesn't overwhelmingly favour of the US, ignoring basic principles of balance of trade. Rees-Mogg and co are so obsessed with the Republican far right/Alt Right they can't see it and think Trump is a great bloke and an ally. How naive can you get? Would you trust Trump at all based on all the lunatic things he's said and done? He's as trustworthy as Hitler was in 1938.

Whatever think of May, she's having to clear up the appalling mess and lies from Vote Leave. Boris had two years to come up with alternative Brexit deal proposals and wasn't up to it at all, even with a huge staff. None of the Brexteers have cut it in government at all (Davis, Fox, Johnson, Grayling) and the public just wants a economy doing OK and limits on freedom of movement which this deal might generate. The big losers would be the City of London, but then wasn't that an element of protest in the EU referendum e.g. 'it's the City of London's GDP'? The loss of tax yield will hurt though. Would have been best if the electorate had engaged it's brain in 2016, but we are where we are.

Don't worry, just wait till the Heritage Foundation weigh in on the debate and bring everyone around to their senses.

One of the most moronic things about the Brexit plan is the decision to exclude services as if the US is dying to open its market to UK legal, accountancy and financial services :lol:

Edited by shurlock

A site supposedly obsessed with free speech decries examples of free speech.

It's also a site that tries hard to conceal its miserable alt-right leanings. I wonder why you like it?

Pathetic. Anything to the right of Corbyn is supposedly alt right to you. Maybe try actual criticism of the articles rather than just throwing around stupid labels that you have no evidence for. And kindly point out anywhere in that article it suggests that the protesters aren't entitles to freedom of speech?

What specifically about Brendan O'Neil do you consider to be alt-right? Or is it easier just to throw a label on someone because you have difficult refuting what he actually says?

Edited by hypochondriac

Pathetic. Anything to the right of Corbyn is supposedly alt right to you. Maybe try actual criticism of the articles rather than just throwing around stupid labels that you have no evidence for. And kindly point out anywhere in that article it suggests that the protesters aren't entitles to freedom of speech?

What specifically about Brendan O'Neil do you consider to be alt-right? Or is it easier just to throw a label on someone because you have difficult refuting what he actually says?

Are you claiming that there are no differences between Obama and Trump. It’s all manners; nowt to do with behaviour. How many Syrian refugees has Trump allowed to enter the US?

Are you claiming that there are no differences between Obama and Trump. It’s all manners; nowt to do with behaviour. How many Syrian refugees has Trump allowed to enter the US?
Where does the article suggest that the difference between Obama and trump is solely manners?

You know the point. Do you agree with the statement? Simple question.

I think there is a large number of so called protesters who want to make a lot of noise because they don't like how Trump says things and many who would quite happily turn a blind eye to the actions of previous regimes because they said the right things. That's not to say that Trump hasn't done things that should be criticised, but to pretend that the reaction to some things is not hysterical purely because it's Trump is disingenuous.

That article didn't say that the difference between Obama and Trump was solely down to manners, it said that personalities were a factor which undoubtedly they are. It's also correct when it says that protests used to be about achieving something whereas now they tend to be huge virtual signals designed to make people feel good about themselves whilst achieving nothing.

Edited by hypochondriac

I think there is a large number of so called protesters who want to make a lot of noise because they don't like how Trump says things and many who would quite happily turn a blind eye to the actions of previous regimes because they said the right things. That's not to say that Trump hasn't done things that should be criticised, but to pretend that the reaction to some things is not hysterical purely because it's Trump is disingenuous.

That article didn't say that the difference between Obama and Trump was solely down to manners, it said that personalities were a factor which undoubtedly they are. It's also correct when it says that protests used to be about achieving something whereas now they tend to be huge virtual signals designed to make people feel good about themselves whilst achieving nothing.

Are you claiming that Trump’s slashing of the refugee ceiling -the number of refugees allowed into the US- by more than than half and amounting to the lowest level in US postwar history is more about bad manners than substance?

Are you claiming that Trump’s slashing of the refugee ceiling -the number of refugees allowed into the US- by more than than half and amounting to the lowest level in US postwar history is more about bad manners than substance?

This s a tactic also known as the Cathy Newman approach to a conversation. "So what you've saying is..." followed by something I never said.

Don't worry, just wait till the Heritage Foundation weigh in on the debate and bring everyone around to their senses.

One of the most moronic things about the Brexit plan is the decision to exclude services as if the US is dying to open its market to UK legal, accountancy and financial services :lol:

I listened to a client who is a top financial man and he said to me that the City thing is not a problem. In this global world he said that a lot will set up satellite offices in Dublin to do the EU stuff (also low taxation) and the City will fight as ever in the World market for services etc . That may not be chapter and verse to what he said, but he was pretty cool about it. May has gone for a pragmatic deal that will save jobs and the best this mess can provide

I haven't read about this, is it refugees or immigrants? How many refugees are Russia taking BTW,not a trick question just asking in case you know

I find those frothing at the mouth and/or marching in protest at his visit slightly weird

Each to their own though.

whether getting the North Koreans to the table was worthwhile only time will tell, but Obama and the others who went before couldn't.

I haven't read about this, is it refugees or immigrants? How many refugees are Russia taking BTW,not a trick question just asking in case you know

Refugees. Don’t know the numbers for Russia but the majority of refugees are from the Ukraine for reasons that dont need explaining.

whether getting the North Koreans to the table was worthwhile only time will tell, but Obama and the others who went before couldn't.

The joint communiqué was paper thin but maybe that’s preferable to the detailed statements that Bush and Clinton secured if following the meeting, it allows trust to be built up. Time will tell.

Park the unpleasant far right politics for a while. What about the fact that the people you so readily support (that is the likes of O'Neill, Hopkins and Trump) are deeply unpleasant human beings. Yes, this is throwing a label on them, not because I have difficulty in refuting what they say, but because of what they say.

Still sporting the alt-right avatar I see.

Park the unpleasant far right politics for a while. What about the fact that the people you so readily support (that is the likes of O'Neill, Hopkins and Trump) are deeply unpleasant human beings. Yes, this is throwing a label on them, not because I have difficulty in refuting what they say, but because of what they say.

Still sporting the alt-right avatar I see.

Hold on I thought you weren't bothering to reply to me any more since you accused me of following you around the message board? Odd.

Oh and just to highlight your lies and refute your comments once again, I don't support Trump, I don't support Hopkins and I haven't seen much from O'Neil that I disagree with, nor have I seen anything from him that makes me beloeve he is a particularly unpleasant human being. Stop with your lies soggy.

Edited by hypochondriac

It's also a site that tries hard to conceal its miserable alt-right leanings. I wonder why you like it?

Is that the Spiked that started life as “Living Marxism”, and has many contributors that were members of The Revolutionary Communist Party, that Spiked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, quick game of whack-a-twunt:

Pathetic. Anything to the right of Corbyn is supposedly alt right to you.

Yes, you’re right. Despite everything I’ve been saying over the last three years about Corbyn and his gang of conspiracy theorists, Putin fans and Jew haters, I’m a secret Corbynista. Brilliant.

I think there is a large number of so called protesters who want to make a lot of noise because they don't like how Trump says things and many who would quite happily turn a blind eye to the actions of previous regimes because they said the right things.

Why are they ‘so-called’? This is the alt-right logic at work (logic is a strong word applied to you, but let’s roll with it). People with opposing views don’t need to be engaged because they are exhibiting bad faith.

You’ll find this dismissal of all alternative views as hypocritically held common with your friends on the alt-right.

You sound like a lo-fi Milo, down to the desperate neediness in insisting on the last word.

Is that the Spiked that started life as “Living Marxism”, and has many contributors that were members of The Revolutionary Communist Party, that Spiked?

It is, Lord Crap!

Living Marxism self-destructed when it peddled a conspiracy theory that the ITN footage of the Srebrenica victims was fake. ITN bankrupted tehm in a libel action. Subsequently, they went full Trumpian alt-right tilt, railing against the scientific ‘conspiracy’ of global warming, ‘political correctness’ and any limitations whatever on free speech, no matter what damage it does.

This kind of journey isn’t that unusual – see Mussolini for more details.

I find those frothing at the mouth and/or marching in protest at his visit slightly weird

Each to their own though.

Just seen a news clip of a woman saying trump is a tyrant because of the amount of people he has deported and should take a leaf out of Obama’s book and let people stay in the US.

Jesus

O’Neil answers Verbals pony

https://medium.com/@burntoakboy/which-of-these-is-a-right-wing-position-4118046d7765

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Much easier for someone like verbal or soggy to call someone alt-right than to actually engage with their arguments. It's a common tactic employed by the left when they can't refute what is said.

I'm not sure what we can do. So we have a nation with massive national debt, we want more Police, more money for the NHS, more for schools, more libraries, more for defence, re-nationalisation of the Railways and Utilities how are we going to get there??? I don't feel right to borrow more for my grandchildren to have to pay back. You have to cut your cloth accordingly, and we only have so much to go around.

Forget not every civil servant , Nurse, Policeman etc is another massive pension and all that comes with it to pay for. It is a dilemna

You know there are literally trillions in offshore bank accounts around the world right?

You know there are literally trillions in offshore bank accounts around the world right?
Lol

I assume you think stealing other peoples money is ok then?

You are going to get those are you? As fanciful as the Brexiteers.

Liam Fox busy embarrassing himself this morning - people have a right to protest - the only embarrassment is when the Defence Minister has his ‘friend’ who has no security clearance or authorisation represents the UK at a high level all over the place in matters of national security. And Brexiteers reckon the EU is undemocractic.

It’s also embarrassing when someone with an ego the size of Fox’s contributes zero in the way of fresh substantial alternative ideas on trade in nearly two years in post. Can’t wait to get him out of the cabinet and join Boris who is probably scoffing his face somewhere. Don’t mind Davis so much but he seems to have made little discernible impression on negotiations.

Brexiteers are a busted flush in the cabinet, hence the desperation.

0363a8a5878491e4e8e564d125cb4857.png

I didn't get very far with hypo as he fell at the first hurdle, so let's try again.

Having asked for actual criticism of the Spiked article, I pointed out to hypo that claiming the reaction to Trump was more about bad manners than substance was wrong. The implication, of course, is that the middle class henrys and emilys protesting yesterday and today are all too easily triggered hypocrites, more interested in signalling their virtue. I gave a concrete example of where Trump and Obama differed on substance i.e. the refugee ceiling. Nowt from Hypo whether this was more about substance or bad manners. Perhaps you have an answer pal?

FWIW I'm no fan of Obama. He was a massive disappointment who increasingly disappeared down a rabbit hole of unprincipled triangulations and compromises, though I also realise his chances of achieving much were reduced after the 2010 midterm elections when the Republicans won control of the House of Representatives and the loony Tea Party fringe and birther movement took control of the Republican Party.

That said, much of Brendan O'Neills is shallow nonsense, lapped up by morons who think O'Neills left wing credentials are some kind of trump card in this debate. I couldnt care less about ONeill's creds - he is just a sloppy and derivative thinker. So with bombing, you might want to think about the geopolitical clusterf**k Obama inherited as a result of the botched invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan and explain what the alternative policy was (something that 'anti-imperialists' like O'Neill who live on cloud cuckooland don't take seriously; but presumably you do). Or with immigration, you might want think how changes in the definition of deportations inflated raw numbers (see analysis by the LA Times). You might even answer my original question on refugee policy. Or the difference between Obama and Trump towards the children of illegal immigrants already living in the US.

Alternatively you might want discuss issues such as the Trump's gutting of Obamacare that will leave millions of poor people without health insurance that have motivated opposition to Trump but are completely ignored by O'Neill. I could go on and on and on but I have better things to engage with the argument of a third-rate thinker who's clearly found a lucrative niche in the market as the enemy's enemy.

Finally it's worth pointing out the distinction between manners and substance -as if the former is all hot air- is illusory I have no idea whether Spiked is plain thick or disingenuous; but anyone with even a schoolboy grasp of history knows how the denigration or scapegoating of others can lead to a hardening of attitudes which has very real-world consequences.

Edited by shurlock

I didn't get very far with hypo as he fell at the first hurdle, so let's try again.

Having asked for actual criticism of the Spiked article, I pointed out to hypo that claiming the reaction to Trump was more about bad manners than substance was wrong. The implication, of course, is that the middle class henrys and emilys protesting yesterday and today are all too easily triggered hypocrites, more interested in signalling their virtue. I gave a concrete example of where Trump and Obama differed on substance i.e. the refugee ceiling. Nowt from Hypo whether this was more about substance or bad manners. Perhaps you have an answer pal?

FWIW I'm no fan of Obama. He was a massive disappointment who increasingly disappeared down a rabbit hole of unprincipled triangulations and compromises, though I also realise his chances of achieving much were reduced after the 2010 midterm elections when the Republicans won control of the House of Representatives and the loony Tea Party fringe and birther movement took control of the Republican Party.

That said, much of Brendan O'Neills is shallow nonsense, lapped up by morons who think O'Neills left wing credentials are some kind of trump card in this debate. I couldnt care less about ONeill's creds - he is just a sloppy and derivative thinker. So with bombing, you might want to think about the geopolitical clusterf**k Obama inherited as a result of the botched invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan and explain what the alternative policy was (something that 'anti-imperialists' like O'Neill who live on cloud cuckooland don't take seriously; but presumably you do). Or with immigration, you might want think how changes in the definition of deportations inflated raw numbers (see analysis by the LA Times). You might even answer my original question on refugee policy. Or the difference between Obama and Trump towards the children of illegal immigrants already living in the US.

Alternatively you might want discuss issues such as the Trump's gutting of Obamacare that will leave millions of poor people without health insurance that have motivated opposition to Trump but are completely ignored by O'Neill. I could go on and on and on but I have better things to engage with the argument of a third-rate thinker who's clearly found a lucrative niche in the market as the enemy's enemy.

Finally it's worth pointing out the distinction between manners and substance -as if the former is all hot air- is illusory I have no idea whether Spiked is plain thick or disingenuous; but anyone with even a schoolboy grasp of history knows how the denigration or scapegoating of others can lead to a hardening of attitudes which has very real-world consequences.

You make it sound trump is a shoe-in to lose the next election!

Could not care less personally, it’s up to those nutjobs across the ‘pond’.

Find it slightly weird when seeing people over here ‘fighting trump’ and comparing this ‘struggle’ (all in their own heads) to the suffragette movement.

Bizarre!

Hold on I thought you weren't bothering to reply to me any more since you accused me of following you around the message board? Odd.

Oh and just to highlight your lies and refute your comments once again, I don't support Trump, I don't support Hopkins and I haven't seen much from O'Neil that I disagree with, nor have I seen anything from him that makes me beloeve he is a particularly unpleasant human being. Stop with your lies soggy.

No what is odd is you accusing other people of telling lies. For starters it wasnt me saying that you follow me around, it was another poster (but he is right, you do). You are using exactly the same tactic that Trump uses (the "fake news" b*llsh*t) to muddy the water and to avoid answerning questions. Anyone reading this thread or the terrorist thread can see exactly where you are coming from. Everytime anyone has a go at the likes of Trump, Yaxley-Lennon, O'Neill, Rees-Mogg, Johnson, Hopkins, Pepe le Frog etc (note all from the far right or alt-right) you are straight in there defending them. Never ever happens with anyone from the left of centre. In fact, we all still remember your famous quote "socialism is dangerous." :mcinnes: Remind me again how dangerous the NHS or the Welfare State is please.

At least the likes of Batman and Sour Mash don't pretend to be anything other than they are, and they deserve respect for that. You on the other hand have a very clear and obvious agenda which you pretend doesn't exist. But as I have said before, you are a busted flush. You are clearly well right of centre, the only question is just how far. Now man up and stop telling porkies. You have an ally in Batman, so you will be fine.

Oh and whist talking about Batman, the current Mayor of London is a legend for allowing the Trump blimp to be flown from Parliament Square. If that is all he ever does while in office it will make him more popular than Boris Johnson ever was in the job.

No what is odd is you accusing other people of telling lies. For starters it wasnt me saying that you follow me around, it was another poster (but he is right, you do). You are using exactly the same tactic that Trump uses (the "fake news" b*llsh*t) to muddy the water and to avoid answerning questions. Anyone reading this thread or the terrorist thread can see exactly where you are coming from. Everytime anyone has a go at the likes of Trump, Yaxley-Lennon, O'Neill, Rees-Mogg, Johnson, Hopkins, Pepe le Frog etc (note all from the far right or alt-right) you are straight in there defending them. Never ever happens with anyone from the left of centre. In fact, we all still remember your famous quote "socialism is dangerous." :mcinnes: Remind me again how dangerous the NHS or the Welfare State is please.

At least the likes of Batman and Sour Mash don't pretend to be anything other than they are, and they deserve respect for that. You on the other hand have a very clear and obvious agenda which you pretend doesn't exist. But as I have said before, you are a busted flush. You are clearly well right of centre, the only question is just how far. Now man up and stop telling porkies. You have an ally in Batman, so you will be fine.

Oh and whist talking about Batman, the current Mayor of London is a legend for allowing the Trump blimp to be flown from Parliament Square. If that is all he ever does while in office it will make him more popular than Boris Johnson ever was in the job.

What are you on about?

What am I supposed to be?

Edited by Batman