Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

Jihadi John - how were you the on the money?

There is literally no connection between your first sentence - that separated children were being put into this position by their parents and the subsequent story that the separated poster girl was not in fact taken from her parents. You weren't questioning that these incidents were happening - only who was ultimately responsible for them. So wrong again :lol:

More importantly, now you've changed your position, do you think all these stories are made up? No children have been separated from their parents?

After your mini-meltdown about social services, this is closer to the scumbag JJ we've all come to know. Maybe the parents and children are crystal meth mules for the cartels?

Lol

The @TIME cover story blowing up reinforces everything Trump has said:

*Fake News: She wasn't separated

*Not a first time crosser

*Claiming asylum when it doesn't apply

*Photos in media don't show the reality

*Put child in danger

*Treating him differently than Obama

Is it true that what is happening now at the US/Mexican border more like a continuation of what was going on under the previous administration?

Probably not but read articles shared on Twitter of senator obama using very similar language about immigrants

Is it true that what is happening now at the US/Mexican border more like a continuation of what was going on under the previous administration?

Probably not but read articles shared on Twitter of senator obama using very similar language about immigrants

Probably not. Source: Donald Trump. He's been clear that he believes - and his acolytes believe this as an article of faith - that the Democrats WANT illegal immigration, because they want what his 'base' thinks inevitably comes with it: violence, gang warfare, crime and, by implication, miscegenation.

Democrats are the problem. They don’t care about crime and want illegal immigrants, no matter how bad they may be, to pour into and infest our Country, like MS-13. They can’t win on their terrible policies, so they view them as potential voters!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 19, 2018

You can't have it both ways.

Obama was a two-term president, by the way, not just a 'senator' - as much as it offends that a black man inhabited the White House.

And perhaps you could find some equivalent speech from Obama or Clinton where the following language is used: Mexicans (just to take one group) are 'animals', 'rapists' and 'murderers' who 'infest' the US.

Trump knows full well the history of the word 'infest'. He knows how it was used by the Nazis to describe Jews, and by white western-US politicians in the 19th century to describe the Chinese. It is the kind of language that fuels violence and retribution against anyone who looks different. This is WAY beyond the language of speeches calling for more law enforcement on borders.

Still, if you and Lord Crap want to look stupid enough to believe in a straightforward equivalence, you be my guest.

Probably not. Source: Donald Trump. He's been clear that he believes - and his acolytes believe this as an article of faith - that the Democrats WANT illegal immigration, because they want what his 'base' thinks inevitably comes with it: violence, gang warfare, crime and, by implication, miscegenation.

You can't have it both ways.

Obama was a two-term president, by the way, not just a 'senator' - as much as it offends that a black man inhabited the White House.

And perhaps you could find some equivalent speech from Obama or Clinton where the following language is used: Mexicans (just to take one group) are 'animals', 'rapists' and 'murderers' who 'infest' the US.

Trump knows full well the history of the word 'infest'. He knows how it was used by the Nazis to describe Jews, and by white western-US politicians in the 19th century to describe the Chinese. It is the kind of language that fuels violence and retribution against anyone who looks different. This is WAY beyond the language of speeches calling for more law enforcement on borders.

Still, if you and Lord Crap want to look stupid enough to believe in a straightforward equivalence, you be my guest.

I referred to him as a senator as the pieces I read (and watched) were from when he was one.

I was curious if these cages and child separation issues were real when he was president given his stance on the issue when he was a senator and pushing for the big job.

American attitude towards illegal immigration has always been harsh, and racist long long before Donald Trump. Nobody could get elected without sounding tough on it.

It was racist way back in the 80’s, and I should know having been an illegal in Florida for over 4 years. I’ve been on building sites when they turned up and rounded up the Mexican workers, never once checking the status of us white guys. The people we worked for, both contractors and the public, knew we were illegal but didn’t give a Shiite because we weren’t Mexican or Haitian. I was arrested for disorderly intoxication, charged, fined and never once had my immigration status checked. A Scouse taxi driver I knew served time for hitting his girlfriends lover with a tire wrench. Once he’d served his time he was sure he’d be deported, but no he was just released and INS never got involved. I only knew of one white bloke that got deported (his ex grassed him up), but I knew of hundreds of Mexican labourers in that time. It’s not racist because the president is, it’s racist regardless of who the president is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I referred to him as a senator as the pieces I read (and watched) were from when he was one.

I was curious if these cages and child separation issues were real when he was president given his stance on the issue when he was a senator and pushing for the big job.

If you were curious then why not google it and find out for sure rather than throw it out on here? I guess it just helps to muddy the waters over the attacks on Trump eh?

If you were curious then why not google it and find out for sure rather than throw it out on here? I guess it just helps to muddy the waters over the attacks on Trump eh?

I have googled it and it did or didn’t happen. Depends on who is the originator of the article that I read.

I don’t believe it was the case under Obama as if it was, I’m sure he would have been slated the world over.

American attitude towards illegal immigration has always been harsh, and racist long long before Donald Trump. Nobody could get elected without sounding tough on it.

It was racist way back in the 80’s, and I should know having been an illegal in Florida for over 4 years. I’ve been on building sites when they turned up and rounded up the Mexican workers, never once checking the status of us white guys. The people we worked for, both contractors and the public, knew we were illegal but didn’t give a Shiite because we weren’t Mexican or Haitian. I was arrested for disorderly intoxication, charged, fined and never once had my immigration status checked. A Scouse taxi driver I knew served time for hitting his girlfriends lover with a tire wrench. Once he’d served his time he was sure he’d be deported, but no he was just released and INS never got involved. I only knew of one white bloke that got deported (his ex grassed him up), but I knew of hundreds of Mexican labourers in that time. It’s not racist because the president is, it’s racist regardless of who the president is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Better.

Then again....

The backlash from Democrats wreaks of faux outrage. Where were their outcries when the Obama administration was separating children from their parents and locking them in cages? Who put pressure on the President to tackle the abuse migrant teenagers faced in such facilities? Why the silence during the eight years of Obama’s presidency, when more illegal immigrants were deported than during the sum of all presidencies of the twentieth century?

Surely not?

I have googled it and it did or didn’t happen. Depends on who is the originator of the article that I read.

I don’t believe it was the case under Obama as if it was, I’m sure he would have been slated the world over.

I have googled it too and it appears that children weren’t allowed in jail but there wasn’t a policy to separate families under Obama and when it did happen the children were passed on to relatives. So a bit of a non starter really wasn’t it? So it is all down to Trump again.

Then again....

The backlash from Democrats wreaks of faux outrage. Where were their outcries when the Obama administration was separating children from their parents and locking them in cages? Who put pressure on the President to tackle the abuse migrant teenagers faced in such facilities? Why the silence during the eight years of Obama’s presidency, when more illegal immigrants were deported than during the sum of all presidencies of the twentieth century?

Surely not?

Don't pretend that you wrote that.

Then again....

Surely not?

If Obama was so tough why didn't more of Trump's base love him?

What would the democrats say if Trumps old man rigged the election with Sam Giancana's help, used and abused a famous film star, left some poor bird to drown in an upturned car, and used a cigar to penetrate a White House intern, before lying about it. Trumps a bloody choir boy compared to the liberal heroes of yesteryear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and used a cigar to penetrate a White House intern, before lying about it.
Irrelevant side note, but I had a thing with a woman from Arkansas. She was adamant that sex was only penis / fanny penetration and all the rest was just fooling around. Seems to be a Southern thing. In his language Clinton was honest / right when he said "I did not have sex with that woman"

What would the democrats say if Trumps old man rigged the election with Sam Giancana's help, used and abused a famous film star, left some poor bird to drown in an upturned car, and used a cigar to penetrate a White House intern, before lying about it. Trumps a bloody choir boy compared to the liberal heroes of yesteryear

Jeez, we're all the way back to Kennedy now. You really are into the crack cocaine of whataboutery, and seem petrified that your child-kidnapping idol has been made to look like a third-rate copy of a third-rate dictator. Again.

Jeez, we're all the way back to Kennedy now. You really are into the crack cocaine of whataboutery, and seem petrified that your child-kidnapping idol has been made to look like a third-rate copy of a third-rate dictator. Again.

What on earth makes you think he's my idol. He's great at trolling lefties and it shines a massive light on their hypocrisy. The best thing about him is the people he upsets. God how they must praying that the economy screws up. They look at it from the wrong angle, instead of wondering how on earth he persuaded millions to vote for him, they should be wondering how awful the democrats are that a moron beat them. Instead of addressing that and looking in the mirror, they're just attacking him non stop, further playing to his narrative and fighting the battle on his ground. Keep it up and he'll get another term.

What on earth makes you think he's my idol. He's great at trolling lefties and it shines a massive light on their hypocrisy. The best thing about him is the people he upsets. God how they must praying that the economy screws up. They look at it from the wrong angle, instead of wondering how on earth he persuaded millions to vote for him, they should be wondering how awful the democrats are that a moron beat them. Instead of addressing that and looking in the mirror, they're just attacking him non stop, further playing to his narrative and fighting the battle on his ground. Keep it up and he'll get another term.

He beat Hillary which is a slightly different proposition pal. Let’s see how he fares in November.

That just shows you care more about baiting "lefties" than the effects of the ruling power on ordinary people.

That just shows you care more about baiting "lefties" than the effects of the ruling power on ordinary people.

If he delivers jobs and money into the pockets of enough people (which appears to be the car) he will win again in a couple of years

That is what people ultimately care about.

Nope. It'll be a win win. More jobs for the very people the democrats claim to care about, and triggering lefties whilst doing so.

Decent article here. Essentially shrill or flawed attacks on Trump distract from his real failings and consolidate his support.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/23/us/politics/republican-voters-trump.html?action=click&module=Ribbon&pgtype=Article

Good article which summarises the problems on both sides well. The mainstream media and the TV channels in the US could do everyone a huge favour and be less partisan on both sides and try to facilitate some dialogue and try to understand the views of the other side. Fat chance but it would probably help...

It’s textbook and this is from a conservative.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/12/opinion/sunday/if-liberals-hate-him-then-trump-must-be-doing-something-right.html

Just goes to show how bankrupt the right is.

That's an interesting article and it's hard to argue against its main point.

This statement at the end really resonates: "In many ways anti-anti-Trumpism mirrors Donald Trump himself, because at its core there are no fixed values, no respect for constitutional government or ideas of personal character, only a free-floating nihilism cloaked in insult, mockery and bombast."

Good article which summarises the problems on both sides well. The mainstream media and the TV channels in the US could do everyone a huge favour and be less partisan on both sides and try to facilitate some dialogue and try to understand the views of the other side. Fat chance but it would probably help...

The problem is a wide-spread inability to think critically and express a philosophically-coherent position. As the American political columnist George Will opined, a while back, President Trump is unable to communicate in syntactically correct sentences. Trump is unable, essentially, to engage in sequential thought. This makes it very difficult for his supporters and apologists to back Trump's "policies", because they are incoherent, indecisive, often self-contradictory and illogical, and do not flow from a recognizably authentic philosophical position. How do you engage in dialogue with people whose views are essentially inauthentic and incoherent?

He is clearly lacking in any of the qualities that you would expect someone in public service to have, let alone as POTUS then! Not that this is news to anyone with a modicum of intelligence. Perhaps there should be some basic physiological tests you need to pass before you can stand for public office?

The problem is a wide-spread inability to think critically and express a philosophically-coherent position. As the American political columnist George Will opined, a while back, President Trump is unable to communicate in syntactically correct sentences. Trump is unable, essentially, to engage in sequential thought. This makes it very difficult for his supporters and apologists to back Trump's "policies", because they are incoherent, indecisive, often self-contradictory and illogical, and do not flow from a recognizably authentic philosophical position. How do you engage in dialogue with people whose views are essentially inauthentic and incoherent?

Therein lies his political "genius", some might say.

He is artfully exploiting the post-modern epoch for gain.

http://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803095717700

If he delivers jobs and money into the pockets of enough people (which appears to be the car) he will win again in a couple of years

Lefties don't care about that. They would rather the US economy tank, piling misery on millions just so trump doesn't win another term and they can spout "I told you so".

I see Harley Davidson are moving some production abroad due to Trump instigated trade wars. Best buy your current stocks of Jim Beam before they too go up in price.

Yeah heard that - they don’t want to put price up by £2200. This wider economics thing isn’t that easy Donald you super smart dealmaker you.

Although cynical about the story

I want to believe this:

"If the rest of the world just took a little bit of your humility and your grace to help us, we would be in a lot better position," the King of Jordan tells Trump, who promptly boasts that he was just complimented for his humility.

I know republicans are a minority in the USA but according to Gallup almost 90% of them believe Trump is doing a good job. That’s the same score as Bush when he adressed the nation after 9/11, amazing...

https://news.gallup.com/poll/203198/presidential-approval-ratings-donald-trump.aspx

"Don't listen to the polls ...".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/01/donald-trump-polls-popularity-approval-rating

Listening to the Guardian is as bad as listening to the opinions in the Daily Mail
That's very unfair. If we were ignoring the Guardian way back in 2011, we would never have learnt about all those "dubious claims about Muslim men grooming white girls."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2011/jan/07/grooming-racialising-crime-tradition