Donald Trump Appreciation Thread

Guided Missile

Saints Web Official US election  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• Biden
    • Trump

All the politicians, millionaire liberal "luvvies", middle class European sheep and most of the rest, were wrong about Trump. I liked him when I first read "Art of the Deal" back in 1987. Anyone that rubs politicians up the wrong way and is well on the way to achieving world peace, fair treatment for American workers and jobs for minorities is OK by me.

It just shows what a successful businessman can do, compared to a career politician.

I look forward to the Nobel Prize presentation...

Trump has certainly proved correct my prediction -made two years ago that free trade would not have an ally in the White House whoever won the US election.

Alas Jihadi John took the opposite side of the bet and has predictably been made to look a halfwit :lol:

Edited by shurlock

Trump imposes tarriffs as a sign that he's a 'Big Man', then sulks like a baby and starts slinging playground insults around when everybody else starts retaliating in kind.

Q - How many Chapter 11 bankruptcies have his companies applied for ?

Trump imposes tarriffs as a sign that he's a 'Big Man', then sulks like a baby and starts slinging playground insults around when everybody else starts retaliating in kind.

Q - How many Chapter 11 bankruptcies have his companies applied for ?

what has he done wrong exactly?

he will whack sanctions on goods, we will all scramble round for a better deal, he will win.

As Johnson said, he goes in hard, creates chaos and clearly that will mean better terms for his country.

what ever France or Canada said about him, none of them really challenged the claims he made.

what has he done wrong exactly?

he will whack sanctions on goods, we will all scramble round for a better deal, he will win.

As Johnson said, he goes in hard, creates chaos and clearly that will mean better terms for his country.

what ever France or Canada said about him, none of them really challenged the claims he made.

Clueless.

All the politicians, millionaire liberal "luvvies", middle class European sheep and most of the rest, were wrong about Trump. I liked him when I first read "Art of the Deal" back in 1987. Anyone that rubs politicians up the wrong way and is well on the way to achieving world peace, fair treatment for American workers and jobs for minorities is OK by me.

It just shows what a successful businessman can do, compared to a career politician.

He didn't write Art of the Deal though.

And I'm not sure someone with as many bankruptcies as he has had can be classified 'successful'

All the politicians, millionaire liberal "luvvies", middle class European sheep and most of the rest, were wrong about Hitler. I liked him when I first read "Mein Kampf" back in 1925. Anyone that rubs politicians up the wrong way and is well on the way to achieving world dominion, fair treatment for German workers and jobs for non-semites is OK by me.

It just shows what a successful demagogue can do, compared to a serious politician.

I look forward to the Nuremberg Rallies.

All the politicians, millionaire liberal "luvvies", middle class European sheep and most of the rest, were wrong about Hitler. I liked him when I first read "Mein Kampf" back in 1925. Anyone that rubs politicians up the wrong way and is well on the way to achieving world dominion, fair treatment for German workers and jobs for non-semites is OK by me.

It just shows what a successful demagogue can do, compared to a serious politician.

Too subtle.

Think it is quite easy to identify which posters would be willing to work as a prism camp officer. Fck any integrity or character. Same pant p1ssers who scare easily and have no backbone.

Looks like trump has had a few major wins recently with the booming economy and now this historic summit with Kim Jong Un. Maybe he's not as appaling as some have made out?

No surprise to see you supporting him.

Oh, and yes, he is as appalling as "some" (most of the right minded eastern and western world) have made out.

The Art of the Deal was written by Tony Schwartz, he has characterised it as putting lipstick on a pig! He has also stated “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.” Schwartz a young magazine writer also out-dealed Trump by securing 50% of the advance and 50% of the sales, ghost writers normally get 20% of each, so the great deal maker is no such thing, he was influenced by his ego not his business acumen (lack of it).

The summit with Kim is also a farce as previous Presidents could have met with him but refused without Kim and previously his father ceasing all nucleate and ICBM research and development as a pre-requisite for a meeting. Trump is a chancer and self publicists who fools the fools easily.

The OP has a point ...

Who needs the support of liberal "luvvies" and democratic politicians like Justin Trudeau when you can have lovely friends like dictator Kim Jong Un. Do you know that without him the opening ceremony at the last winter Olympics wouldn't have taken place ? Why do we bother to cosy up to politicians from liberal democracies ? It is surely a much better strategy to make friends with people who feed political opponents to live pigs??

The world is getting stranger and stranger … and I am not just talking about the OP.

Looks like trump has had a few major wins recently with the booming economy and now this historic summit with Kim Jong Un. Maybe he's not as appaling as some have made out?

What would you say are the three major changes Trump has made to aid the economy in the 16 months since he took office?

Trump talking about the economic potential he sees in North Korea:

He says he has seen "great beaches" in the background of footage of North Korea's military drills. "I explained to them you could have the best hotels in the world," Trump says. "Think of it from a real estate perspective," he adds.

Funniest quote of the day. The Don is a legend...

The OP has a point ...

Who needs the support of liberal "luvvies" and democratic politicians like Justin Trudeau when you can have lovely friends like dictator Kim Jong Un. Do you know that without him the opening ceremony at the last winter Olympics wouldn't have taken place ? Why do we bother to cosy up to politicians from liberal democracies ? It is surely a much better strategy to make friends with people who feed political opponents to live pigs??

The world is getting stranger and stranger … and I am not just talking about the OP.

Is that the same Justin Trudeau whose father had a close relationship with that well known dictator, Castro and on his death, released a statement mourning the loss of a “remarkable leader”? As the LA Times said, Trudeau is a useful idiot...

No surprise to see you supporting him.

Oh, and yes, he is as appalling as "some" (most of the right minded eastern and western world) have made out.

Oh yes. Suggesting his meeting with Kim Jong Un is a good thing amounts to "support" in your crazy world. There's no shades of grey in soggy land.

Kim is an evil dictator, but if this meeting assists in securing less nuclear weapons in the world and less tensions on the Korean perninsula then I don't cere how it makes Trump look. Some people would prefer Trump had no sort of success at all simply because he is trump which just shows where their priorities lie. I can't understand a mindset that would prefer trump to fail in everything he does rather than hoping that he is successful because it would be a positive thing. No surprise that that's your mindset soggy because you'd prefer to feel smug and good about how morally superior you are compared to everyone else rather than achieve anything substantial.

Edited by hypochondriac

What would you say are the three major changes Trump has made to aid the economy in the 16 months since he took office?

The economy has grown virtually in line with the economy he inherited from Obama - this despite a trillion dollar tax cut that's done away with any pretence of fiscal responsibility.

Edited by shurlock

Is that the same Justin Trudeau whose father had a close relationship with that well known dictator, Castro and on his death, released a statement mourning the loss of a “remarkable leader”? As the LA Times said, Trudeau is a useful idiot...

Thatcher & Pinochet

Blair & Gaddafi

Nixon & Mao

Thatcher & Shah of Iran

Rumsfeld & Saddam Hussein

etc., etc.

[btw, Castro was a "remarkable man"]

Edited by Hamilton Saint

... and what exactly has that to do with the price of fish ?

As the New York Times states Trump has an uncanny ability to pick fights with his friends and embrace long standing enemies. Let's hope that the jihadists's much anticipated trade deal between the US and UK doesn't get shafted by the vagaries of such an erratic president.

Oh yes. Suggesting his meeting with Kim Jong Un is a good thing amounts to "support" in your crazy world. There's no shades of grey in soggy land.

Kim is an evil dictator, but if this meeting assists in securing less nuclear weapons in the world and less tensions on the Korean perninsula then I don't cere how it makes Trump look. Some people would prefer Trump had no sort of success at all simply because he is trump which just shows where their priorities lie. I can't understand a mindset that would prefer trump to fail in everything he does rather than hoping that he is successful because it would be a positive thing. No surprise that that's your mindset soggy because you'd prefer to feel smug and good about how morally superior you are compared to everyone else rather than achieve anything substantial.

So you're for scrapping Trident?

So you're for scrapping Trident?
Yes assuming that all other nuclear nations follow suit. I assume you aren't seriously trying to equate America, France or the UK having nuclear weapons with the likes of North Korea? Morally there really isn't any comparison but yes I would prefer less nuclear weapons in the world in general.

The likes of corbyn have been banging on about the evil capitalist pigs engaging with their enemies for ages. As an ardent supporter I assume you see this move as a positive thing?

Edited by hypochondriac

Yes assuming that all other nuclear nations follow suit. I assume you aren't seriously trying to equate America, France or the UK having nuclear weapons with the likes of North Korea? Morally there really isn't any comparison but yes I would prefer less nuclear weapons in the world in general.

The likes of corbyn have been banging on about the evil capitalist pigs engaging with their enemies for ages. As an ardent supporter I assume you see this move as a positive thing?

I'm just glad you and Trump have come round to JC's thinking. #jc4pm

Says the poster whose first instinct -whenever confronted by violence on the right- is to dredge up the latest trivial example of a few lefties shouting down an altrght speaker on some two-bit college campus [emoji38]
Incorrect. I condemn far right violence, I also condemn far left violence. Not sure I've seen anything from jonnyboy condemning the 'pockets' of anti semitism from within the Labour Party.

Incorrect. I condemn far right violence, I also condemn far left violence. Not sure I've seen anything from jonnyboy condemning the 'pockets' of anti semitism from within the Labour Party.

No you equivocate and evade, seemingly unwilling to admit that empirically far right violence is a much more significant problem than far left violence.

No you equivocate and evade, seemingly unwilling to admit that empirically far right violence is a much more significant problem than far left violence.
Well that's a completely different question which involves a number of different definitions that I doubt we will agree over. I think what we both have now established though is that I haven't failed to condemn far right violence by immediately bringing up far left violence as you spuriously claimed.

Well that's a completely different question which involves a number of different definitions that I doubt we will agree over. I think what we both have now established though is that I haven't failed to condemn far right violence by immediately bringing up far left violence as you spuriously claimed.

Exhibit A.

Exhibit A.
Ah I see so you claimed that I somehow condone far right violence by immediately bringing up far left violence as some sort of whattaboutery tactic in a similar way that jonnyboy does whenever someone brings up anti semitism in Labour. I dispute your statement- because it isn't true- you then change the subject to discuss the scale of violence on the right and left. You then say I'm "evading" because I signal no desire to veer way off topic to discuss violence rates on the right and left and after I've previously condemned all violence? Still no condemnation of anti semitism in the Labour Party by jonnyboy or any sort of recognition that reducing tensions in Korea is a good thing. Funny that.

Ah I see so you claimed that I somehow condone far right violence by immediately bringing up far left violence as some sort of whattaboutery tactic in a similar way that jonnyboy does whenever someone brings up anti semitism in Labour. I dispute your statement- because it isn't true- you then change the subject to discuss the scale of violence on the right and left. You then say I'm "evading" because I signal no desire to veer way off topic to discuss violence rates on the right and left and after I've previously condemned all violence? Still no condemnation of anti semitism in the Labour Party by jonnyboy or any sort of recognition that reducing tensions in Korea is a good thing. Funny that.

Um post #37, I expressed my gladness about the overall situation. And then you went all off topic and foamy Daily Mail about anti semitism (and still are).