First game of the season Home to Burnley

magnet

This game will mark 665 days since we last beat Burnley in the league.

Got a funny feeling we will pinch this one*

*cheeky insurance bet placed just in case

Love and light

Ottawa mate, you have been complaining about the rubbish on this forum and then you post that.. just sayin.. ;)

This game will mark 665 days since we last beat Burnley in the league.

Got a funny feeling we will pinch this one*

*cheeky insurance bet placed just in case

Love and light

wonderful - after weeks of nonsense and grumpiness about nonsense finally a post i really enjoyed - hats off

Tough start for The Wires and we all know their fans can be quick to turn even if they do bring in some quality.

If they do well in that initial period then they could be set for a good season as fixtures get easier around Christmas.

#WireWatch

Tough start for The Wires and we all know their fans can be quick to turn even if they do bring in some quality.

If they do well in that initial period then they could be set for a good season as fixtures get easier around Christmas.

#WireWatch

Excuse my footballing ignorance - who the heck are the wires ?? I genuinely have no idea.

Excuse my footballing ignorance - who the heck are the wires ?? I genuinely have no idea.

I thought he meant Warrington Wolves in the rugby league?

Same here!!

I was so confused and dense I actually went and googled it. Still non the wiser what he means...! :blush:

I was so confused and dense I actually went and googled it. Still non the wiser what he means...! :blush:

I think we need Ted Rodgers and dusty bin to figure this one out.

Wires? Electrical wires?

Electrical wires in a plug are multicoloured

What else is multicoloured? The LBGTQ+ flag

Gay capital of England is Brighton.

The wires = BHA!

Am I missing something? Burnley finished 7th, we finished 17th. It is one of the harder games surely.

Did you not go to the Burnley home game last season? 63% possession, 13 to 5 shots, we dominated the game only to be caught by a sucker punch, Pope amazing and MOM, also they will more than likely have had a mid week European game too. I can think of a lot harder opening games.

• 2 weeks later...

So Burnley have a very long way to go for their Europa league games, Aberdeen. The second leg is a full 9 days before we play them so no advantage to us, probably more of an advantage to them as they would of had 2 competitive games beforehand.

So Burnley have a very long way to go for their Europa league games, Aberdeen. The second leg is a full 9 days before we play them so no advantage to us, probably more of an advantage to them as they would of had 2 competitive games beforehand.

if they beat Aberdeen they wil have a game the thursday before they play as as format of qualifiying has changed for forthcoming season and they have to get through three ties (6 matches) as opposed to thetwo ties (4 games0 we would have needed in 2015/16 when we lost to FC Midtjylland

so they could have a long away trip in the week beofre trhey paly us

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%9319_UEFA_Europa_League

if they beat Aberdeen they wil have a game the thursday before they play as as format of qualifiying has changed for forthcoming season and they have to get through three ties (6 matches) as opposed to thetwo ties (4 games0 we would have needed in 2015/16 when we lost to FC Midtjylland

Does that mean our game would get pushed back? Its interesting if so, but I do wonder how much difference that particular element will make given they should be at their freshest at that point in the season.

Given we're touring china, I reckon we'll see arguments for them being more match fit that us, or for their qualifying games upsetting the start of their season between now and then! :lol:

I know the world cup is exciting and england are doing well (loving it whilst it lasts), but I also can't wait for the first game of the season!

I hope it gets moved actually - will be the first first home game I miss in a long time otherwise :(

Edited by Saint86

• 4 weeks later...

I see that if Burnley beat Aberdeen they have Istanbul Basaksehir away in the next round on the Thursday before our Sunday home match with them. So they do have a long away trip before us.

I see that if Burnley beat Aberdeen they have Istanbul Basaksehir away in the next round on the Thursday before our Sunday home match with them. So they do have a long away trip before us.

That’s a tough draw for them , both in terms of travel distance and quality of opposition, not sure they’d be able to rest too many players. I hope they get through against Aberdeen as this would help us, although Burnley are exactly the sort of team we struggled with last season, classic 0-0 sort of game.

Teams in the early qualifying rounds of the L, always have a good start to the season though don't they? I seem to recall West Ham getting off to a flyer one year as their game/fitness was ahead of many others as they had been playing competitive games for a few week before the rest of us.

I know he didn't play but he obviously hasn't had acceptable time away from football/rest if he's already playing in competitive matches, one wonders if that contributed to him getting injured.

Nope, he got clattered, either by his own teammate (some sources) or an opposition player (other sources). Get well soon, Nick, love and light. :)

Yes it seems Burnley's first and second choice keepers are both injured. The third choice was in goal for most of the Aberdeen match last night.

FF get your gloves packed; Lancashire is calling ��

Include a clause in the deal that he MUST play against his parent club