2018-19 fixtures in

mdearlove

No, Sky and BT will choose the five games that involve the big six teams, they always do.

If Burnley are out of Europe by then, it'll be the Saturday, if they're still involved it'll be moved to the Sunday.

We'll only know on the 2nd August what day we'll play on, unless the Premier League decide to move it to the Sunday anyway to save the fans hassle.

There is absolutely no way they will leave it until 2nd August to confirm, it will not be on the Saturday.

They confirmed our game with Newcastle would be on the Sunday before we got through against Arnhem and ended up playing Midgetland.

We'll just have to see first if it's selected for tv then they'll confirm the change.

I actually hope Burnley get through the qualifiers and get to enjoy the group stages after the season they had last season they deserve it. Would be nice if they do that by playing in Kazakhstan on 9th August and struggle when they come to our place a few days later.

There is absolutely no way they will leave it until 2nd August to confirm, it will not be on the Saturday.

They confirmed our game with Newcastle would be on the Sunday before we got through against Arnhem and ended up playing Midgetland.

The Newcastle game was the Sunday after the Arnhem trip.

Midgetland affected Watford away and Norwich at home.

Interesting thought.

2014/15

Week 1

United lost at home to Swansea

Spurs, Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs all won

Week 2

United and Arsenal drew (to Sunderland and Everton respectively)

City beat Liverpool

Spurs, and Chelsea both won

2010/11

Week 1

Spurs v City, Liverpool v Arsenal both draws

United and Chelsea (6-0) won

Week 2

Spurs, Arsenal (6-0) and Chelsea (6-0 again) won

United drew with Fulham

Man City beat Liverpool

Maybe there's not much to it then. Definitely feels like the newly promoted teams are ones to avoid though - maybe this can also written off as a myth, but they also seem to be on a bit of a high and throw everything into those first few games. Wolves or Cardiff away would probably be the worst opener for us.

Full list:

Home in bold, "top 6" games in red...

Got to be happy with that start but it does mean that we need to get points on the board early (just like last season), so we need to get our squad sorted asap so we're ready to go on day 1...! Run in not awful either if we need points at the end of the season...

Home games to start and finish, and on boxing day

Burnley (H) isn't in bold.

Fixtures are really good this time. All well spaced out, no obviously awful runs of games at any point. Christmas a great mix of winnable games, big games and mostly home games. End of season lots of favourable fixtures. First 3 games plenty of chances for points. Couldn't have asked for more.

Agreed. Looks good.

We're playing Derby away. Brighton have Sporting Lisbon at home. That puts things into perspective.
Brighton are playing AFC Wimbledon away. We're playing Celta Vigo and Borossia Mönchengladbach at home. That puts things into perspective.

Easy, ain't it?

I did. Bloody hell. take it all back

Even if you didn't know, the fact is we play a second tier/decent European team every single season the weekend before the season starts. Every single season. Why on earth did you think we wouldn't this summer?

Edited by CB Fry

The Newcastle game was the Sunday after the Arnhem trip.

Midgetland affected Watford away and Norwich at home.

Of course I stand corrected, but point still stands they will move the Burnley game to the Sunday rather than wait for confirmation a week before.

Of course I stand corrected, but point still stands they will move the Burnley game to the Sunday rather than wait for confirmation a week before.

Just had a repsonse from the club to say the game will be 3.00pm Saturday - I was hoping to know as I need to book accommodation. When are the TV fixtures confirmed which may show a switch to Sunday? I thought all those involved in Europa league got moved automatically ( depending on them beating Aberdeen I suppose)

Fixtures are really good this time. All well spaced out, no obviously awful runs of games at any point. Christmas a great mix of winnable games, big games and mostly home games. End of season lots of favourable fixtures. First 3 games plenty of chances for points. Couldn't have asked for more.

Yeah, wait til all of our games against the top 6 get postponed or moved and we end up playing them all in 3 weeks again for the 3rd year in a row...

Brighton are playing AFC Wimbledon away. We're playing Celta Vigo and Borossia Mönchengladbach at home. That puts things into perspective.

Easy, ain't it?

Add in the fact that Sporting are demonstrating what really constitutes a meltdown and exodus.

Just had a repsonse from the club to say the game will be 3.00pm Saturday - I was hoping to know as I need to book accommodation. When are the TV fixtures confirmed which may show a switch to Sunday? I thought all those involved in Europa league got moved automatically ( depending on them beating Aberdeen I suppose)

The Premier League has announced that the approximate date of the fixture rescheduling will be July 6th (for Aug/Sep) - approximate after they told us exact dates last year and then missed almost of all of the promised dates and annoyed lots of away fans.

The other thing, Europa qualifiers don't have to be played on Thursdays, only the group games, so they may well play their qualifiers on the Wednesday and then us on the Saturday anyway. There were qualifier matches played on Tuesdays and Wednesdays last season.