Pre Season Friendlies.

miserableoldgit

Not sure if posted elsewhere.

Southampton Football Club will host Celta Vigo and Borussia Mönchengladbach in a pair of home friendly matches this summer, with 2018/19 Season Ticket holders getting free entry to both games!

The visit of the two major European sides will come as Mark Hughes’s team put the finishing touches on their preparations for the new Premier League campaign.

Saints will welcome La Liga outfit Celta Vigo to St Mary’s first, on Wednesday 1st August, with kick-off set for 7.45pm BST.

The visit of Bundesliga side Borussia Mönchengladbach will then follow on Saturday 4th August, with kick-off at 3pm BST.

Saints’ clash with the German top-flight opposition will come one week before the new Premier League campaign begins with a home fixture against Burnley.

Ticket details for both home friendly games will be released in due course.

The club is also pleased to announce it is enhancing its offer to 2018/19 Season Ticket holders, by giving them a free ticket to both games, rather than just one home pre-season match, as an appreciation for their support ahead of the new campaign.

Details of how to redeem this offer will follow alongside other ticket information.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure if posted elsewhere.

Southampton Football Club will host Celta Vigo and Borussia Mönchengladbach in a pair of home friendly matches this summer, with 2018/19 Season Ticket holders getting free entry to both games!

The visit of the two major European sides will come as Mark Hughes’s team put the finishing touches on their preparations for the new Premier League campaign.

Saints will welcome La Liga outfit Celta Vigo to St Mary’s first, on Wednesday 1st August, with kick-off set for 7.45pm BST.

The visit of Bundesliga side Borussia Mönchengladbach will then follow on Saturday 4th August, with kick-off at 3pm BST.

Saints’ clash with the German top-flight opposition will come one week before the new Premier League campaign begins with a home fixture against Burnley.

Ticket details for both home friendly games will be released in due course.

The club is also pleased to announce it is enhancing its offer to 2018/19 Season Ticket holders, by giving them a free ticket to both games, rather than just one home pre-season match, as an appreciation for their support ahead of the new campaign.

Details of how to redeem this offer will follow alongside other ticket information.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just received notice from the club that season Ticket holders have until 9th July to claim their free tickets for the Ceta Vigo/BMG games.

Presume only certain parts of the ground are open?

Also not much time to claim before the deadline.

4 of the 6 in our group are currently away on holiday and may not be aware of the deadline so will possibly miss out

Just received notice from the club that season Ticket holders have until 9th July to claim their free tickets for the Ceta Vigo/BMG games.

Presume only certain parts of the ground are open?

Also not much time to claim before the deadline.

4 of the 6 in our group are currently away on holiday and may not be aware of the deadline so will possibly miss out

You can get your own seats and buy your mates on "friends and families". They are free after all.

For season ticket holders, log in to account, click on the basket, the tickets are there for both matches. Follow through purchasing to checkout. Go to your email from Ticket office and get the tickets from the attachment. Print at home, absolutely free.

Ended up phoning TO after 2 attempts online, all sorted but why is the site so confusing and not at all user friendly (for Luddites). Every year I have to ask for a new password as the one previously issued is not recognised when trying to renew my season ticket and I still end up phoning to sort it. Had the same trouble with Cup semi tickets.

So we finally have some details about the French part of pre season. Looks like we're playing Dijon in Divonnes-les-Bains (near Geneva) on the 28th July.

Saints might announce it nearer the time2993c43459e448bccaf48fb617005035.jpg

Edited by marc_saint

Just watch when booking your own tickets if you have a heap of Friends and Family, somehow due to the vagaries of the website I “bought” all the the tickets for all the qualifying Season Ticket holders in my Friends and Family box!!

I had the same problem had to delete each and every one of them before I could just get mine and my grandsons. The system is not very good and very slow. Why cant we just tick the ones we want to buy rather than delete the ones we don't surely that would be a lot easier.

I had the same problem had to delete each and every one of them before I could just get mine and my grandsons. The system is not very good and very slow. Why cant we just tick the ones we want to buy rather than delete the ones we don't surely that would be a lot easier.

The problem is we are not down with the kids at our age when it comes to IT.

For season ticket holders, log in to account, click on the basket, the tickets are there for both matches. Follow through purchasing to checkout. Go to your email from Ticket office and get the tickets from the attachment. Print at home, absolutely free.

I managed to get both although only wanted the Saturday game. So if any non season-ticket holder wants a free Celta Vigo ticket in the Chapel, PM me.

Coming over from the US to visit family, and thanks to the Celta game timing, also take my boys to their first ever Saints game. Why does the online booking system need me to create 3 separate accounts for the family in addition to my own?! What a joke of an online booking system. I guess I'll try my luck calling the ticket office, hopefully I don't need 4 supporter numbers to book over the phone.

Coming over from the US to visit family, and thanks to the Celta game timing, also take my boys to their first ever Saints game. Why does the online booking system need me to create 3 separate accounts for the family in addition to my own?! What a joke of an online booking system. I guess I'll try my luck calling the ticket office, hopefully I don't need 4 supporter numbers to book over the phone.

You will.

This was the club that didn’t allow STHs to buy an extra ticket when it became clear that we would not sell out the semifinal

When I have used the booking office all on line rules don't seem to apply plus I've always got the tickets I'm after. On line you have to get used to what the program will let you do (as per ALL software ever] but for the usual 2 tickets it's OK as long as you remember to allocate the tickets at the end to each person.

When I have used the booking office all on line rules don't seem to apply plus I've always got the tickets I'm after. On line you have to get used to what the program will let you do (as per ALL software ever] but for the usual 2 tickets it's OK as long as you remember to allocate the tickets at the end to each person.

It's not just limitations of the online platform. Up until last season you could buy multiple general sale tickets without having to attribute each one to a different customer number. This changed last year so that every ticket had to be a linked to a different account. Was a complete pain when trying to buy a bunch of tickets to the Sevilla friendly for family members that will probably never go again.

Doesn't surprise me about rules not seeming to apply on the phone though. I generally find them pretty helpful.

I got my free tickets for the 2 friendlies online before 9th July as per the system. After the 9th, I tried to get tickets for my grandson sitting next to me (seats are available either side) but it won't let me because it says I'll be leaving a 'single seat' which is not allowed ! Now I have to phone and no doubt pay a surcharge, if they don't get you one way, they always seem to find another way to make it difficult !

Grrrr....

So we finally have some details about the French part of pre season. Looks like we're playing Dijon in Divonnes-les-Bains (near Geneva) on the 28th July.

Saints might announce it nearer the time2993c43459e448bccaf48fb617005035.jpg

indeed USdivonne website translates as: DIJON FCO, Division 1 team and SOUTHAMPTON, the first English league, will finish their training camp at Divonne and Evian, respectively, with a friendly match on the main course of the Divonne sports complex on Saturday, July 28, 2018, at 15 hours.

The match will be arbitrated by Mr. Willy DELAJOD, referee of Saint-Pierre-en-Faucigny, who has just reached the highest level of French refereeing at age 25, which makes him the youngest divisional referee 1 .

You will.

This was the club that didn’t allow STHs to buy an extra ticket when it became clear that we would not sell out the semifinal

You were correct.

I called them directly. Was told I need a supporter number for each ticket regardless of buying online, by phone, or in person.

Really makes it easy to come see a game :mcinnes:

You were correct.

I called them directly. Was told I need a supporter number for each ticket regardless of buying online, by phone, or in person.

Really makes it easy to come see a game :mcinnes:

although it is a pain, it will make it easy should you wish to attend any future games as they will have all your family recorded as Saints Fans, you'll be able to get tickets for most home games and a few away ones too, youll also end up getting sent regular emails from the club