James Maddison

Heisenberg

Well, if his decision is down to personal reasons relating to location or whatever, not really much that can be done. More worrying is our what our financial status is, since it isn't clear and what that would allow us to do in a market where 1 good season in the second tier is enough for clubs to demand (and receive) £25m.

Surely the club talk to agents before submitting bids?

Once the agent reveals that JM will only move 5-20 miles max then we should drop interest

Or is the location a convenient excuse? We are talking about 100 miles here. Not a different country

I suspect they do ask lots of questions, but if they didn't then bid you'd be the first to be drivelling away about the board "not trying" or being "unambitious". I appreciate we have some bi-polar people on here who swing between being negative and very negative but what do you get out of it all? Do you masochistically quite enjoy being thought of by most people on this board as a drivelling wazzock?

please be aware of what country we live in when you talk about 'area' being any form of factor in choosing a team to play for. there is no point on this isle that is more than 75 miles from the coast, the distance between southampton and the midlands is somewhere between 2-3 hours depending on how you drive and inbetween are some very nice parts of the country to live(cotswalds for instance).

what any of my ramblings may mean, each person can decide for themselves

please be aware of what country we live in when you talk about 'area' being any form of factor in choosing a team to play for. there is no point on this isle that is more than 75 miles from the coast, the distance between southampton and the midlands is somewhere between 2-3 hours depending on how you drive and inbetween are some very nice parts of the country to live(cotswalds for instance).

what any of my ramblings may mean, each person can decide for themselves

There's still no reason to live three hours away if you can earn the same/do the same but live 15 minutes away.

Where the footballers live in the East Midlands are just as nice as, say, Chilworth etc.

People massively over-egg the paradise that is the middle of the South Coast.

I guessed the usual idiots would be in the usual meltdown, seriously well done chaps.

What? I wasn’t dissing Leicester. Far from it! Most odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said puel did not have a future with us.

Oh how you laughed

you're basically a less entertaining version of Glasgow and Dalek you've spouted so much negative **** over the years that you were bound to get something right in the end by defualt... but hey if makes you feel like a special little chap have a gold star

th?id=OIP.pZLa_TnE24SNkSBYCX4_7gHaHI&pid=15.1&P=0&w=166&h=161

If you think that, why are you here?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Being a Saints fan (or a fan of any club) doesn't mean you have to offer unconditional positivity.

You're allowed to question things occasionally.

Right now the club is at another cross roads. I think some are rightfully questioning the ambition, management,ownership,transfer policy, current squad ect.

Being super positive about all things SFC doesn't make you a bigger and better fan than others.

Probably just means you are less passionate and expect /demand less.

HTH

Being a Saints fan (or a fan of any club) doesn't mean you have to offer unconditional positivity.

Right now the club is at another cross roads. I think some are rightfully questioning the ambition, management,ownership,transfer policy, current squad ect.

Being super positive about all things SFC doesn't make you a bigger and better fan than others.

HTH

Nor does being negative about everything like you

HTH

I totally agree with you, I don't have to offer unconditional positivity, and I don't. I offer constructive criticism when I see fit, but I rarely vent at any of our players, because I rarely think it's warranted or helpful.

The post that I replied to said, 'Saints are gash why join them.' I take it unconditional negativity is ok with you.

HTH.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Edited by Micky

OK, accepted its due to family/geography, though we arent exactly talking West Coast to East Coast US here..

To that I say - what a pussy Mummys Boy, would‘t want him here then, the club doesnt need to employ somone to hold flannels on scratched knees

That made me laugh. Can see the physio now on his knees flannel in hand

OK, accepted its due to family/geography, though we arent exactly talking West Coast to East Coast US here..

To that I say - what a pussy Mummys Boy, would‘t want him here then, the club doesnt need to employ somone to hold flannels on scratched knees

Odd statement. It’s actually quite refreshing to hear of a modern day player to want to head back to his roots.

It wasn’t long ago people on here were bleating on about Brian Howard “returning home”. :rolleyes:

Are you and the other conclusion jumpers going to post an apology to the club then?

How niave do you need to be to believe the geography story?

JM has said nothing (not seen a single quote) but we suddenly soak up Twitter "sources" when it's convenient.

JM is never going to come out and say Leicester offered me more money / ambition so I picked them, it never happens. But that's the reality and reason why he picked them.

Leicester have one of the best squads outside the top 6 and with Vardy, Maguire, Mahrez, Schmicheal, Gray and Iheanacho they have some of the best players outside the top 6 clubs.

He picked leicester as they are more ambitious, offers more chance of medals and England progression and probably offered more money. He's also far less likely to be in a relegation battle next April.

I love "John" from Twitter but to soak up and swallow all these "wants to live next door to his mummy" nonsense just shows what a bunch of happy clappy believers we have as fans these days.

#WeMarchOn #triggered #chomp

JM has said nothing (not seen a single quote) but we suddenly soak up Twitter "sources" when it's convenient.

JM is never going to come out and say Leicester offered me more money / ambition so I picked them, it never happens. But that's the reality and reason why he picked them.

Leicester have one of the best squads outside the top 6 and with Vardy, Maguire, Mahrez, Schmicheal, Gray and Iheanacho they have some of the best players outside the top 6 clubs.

He picked leicester as they are more ambitious, offers more chance of medals and England progression and probably offered more money. He's also far less likely to be in a relegation battle next April.

I love "John" from Twitter but to soak up and swallow all these "wants to live next door to his mummy" nonsense just shows what a bunch of happy clappy believers we have as fans these days.

For what reason would this journalist from Sky bother making this up...?

Are you suggesting Sky are the bastions of truth and establish and validate sources for all their stories?

No, but given this is him on Twitter what is he to gain from saying it if it is bull****? He didn't need to say anything about it. He isn't a random Twitter user, he is a journalist for a major broadcaster.

You are such a strange and depressing person.

Say you have the choice between playing for Bournemouth or Burnley (assuming you are local). Doesn’t it make sense to sign for a club near to were your family and friends are?

For God’s sake, man up. You sound like a pimply youth who has been turned down by a girl for a date to the prom. He isn’t the first transfer target who has decided to go elsewhere and he won’t be the last. Strange as it may seem, signing for Southampton isn’t on the top of everyone’s bucket list. You of all people so know this, given that you say we are run like a crappy seaside b & b. There will be others who do want to sign, so cheer up. Although, saying that, I doubt if you will ever find someone to go to the prom with you!

Thats the beauty of Twitter. You can look at previous "Tweets" and establish how accurate and reliable a poster is. He seems to post on average about 8-10x a day and his hit rate looks pretty low. Especially when you consider he's a sky journalist!

You realise "sky sources" tends to include people like Eko and Barry from London

You forgot the attraction of working with Claude Puel....

Oh Dear...

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Here is how this played out........ for those that dont seem to get it

Agent told Leciester and us that Maddison was looking to move and Norwich would sell if the right price came along.

It got to the stage where both Leicester and us agreed a fee with Norwich.

Then the agent disclosed all this to the media, its clear Sky lyall has a direct line to the agent with whats been said.

Disclosure purely done to ramp up personal details im sure of that and Leciester i suspect increased personal terms over the weekend.

Player and agent has now got a better deal with Leicester and thats his preferred club due to financial and personal reasons.

All this is then relayed to the agents media contacts like 'sky lyall' and other newspaper journos.

I think the agent has then got grief from SFC about the leaking and then buckled to sky lyall to say it was 'only' about location, when reality is that that was just one part alongside wages.

So overall Saints have been used by the agent to get a better deal from leicester.

Agent = Base Soccer who clearly are very unproffesional or with football agents thats the norm.

You can question how the club has been 'played' again by the agent as all the above happened with Walcott as well

If we're being financially out muscled by Leicester then we're either deluded from still operating to the business model from six years ago, or we are stone broke. I don't believe all that geographical ****** either.

The decision not to renew the family season tickets this year feels like a better one every day.

Agent told Leciester and us that Maddison was looking to move and Norwich would sell if the right price came along.

Then the agent disclosed all this to the media, its clear Sky lyall has a direct line to the agent with whats been said.

Disclosure purely done to ramp up personal details im sure of that and Leciester i suspect increased personal terms over the weekend.

Player and agent has now got a better deal with Leicester and thats his preferred club due to financial and personal reasons.

All this is then relayed to the agents media contacts like 'sky lyall' and other newspaper journos.

I think the agent has then got grief from SFC about the leaking and then buckled to sky lyall to say it was 'only' about location, when reality is that that was just one part alongside wages.

So overall Saints have been used by the agent to get a better deal from leicester.

Agent = Base Soccer who clearly are very unproffesional or with football agents thats the norm.

You can question how the club has been 'played' again by the agent as all the above happened with Walcott as well

The "one source says he prefers Southampton" stuff was pure agent talk.

We've beaten other clubs to players and employed similar tactics no doubt.

If we're being financially out muscled by Leicester then we're either deluded from still operating to the business model from six years ago, or we are stone broke.

I'm puzzled how you think bidding £25m for a player and losing him to a team like Leicester means the club are "stone broke". That is just nonsensical.

Even if that's the official word from Maddison's camp, what makes you think that he's not smart enough to give a diplomatic reason as opposed to an incendiary one that would immediately make him needlessly unpopular with another club's fans? This is very basic stuff.

Why would media reports have any influence on what Leicester offer a player? Why would Leicester care in a negotiation what is happening in the press? It is irrelevant.

If we're being financially out muscled by Leicester then we're either deluded from still operating to the business model from six years ago, or we are stone broke. I don't believe all that geographical ****** either.

The decision not to renew the family season tickets this year feels like a better one every day.

We bid 20+ million for him. I actually find it reassuring that we are prepared to pay that for an upcoming young British player. Leicester matched us Norwich excepted both bids. We could have been outmuscled on wages but I doubt it was by much.

Its annoying not sign him but the fact we tried is a positive and shows we have money to spend.