Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: James Maddison

Never rated him anyway.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint86 View Post
    No. We got Carillo because we missed every other target by not paying market value, and then panicked and overpaid for what was left... For a manager we sacked a couple of weeks later.

Its okay though, because none of that is the board's fault either
    It is the boards fault but not the way you think it is. It's the boards fault because they where determined to try an be different and back a failing manager by going out and buying a player he clearly wanted. We didn't get Carillo because their was no one else we got him because he was what MoPe asked for. The biggest **** up by the board was the fact Mope was still there in the January transfer window in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Lets just add JM to the long list of Les Reed F**K ups and move on.

Not sure why we expect any different with these morons still running the show.

same s**t different day
    The player made his own decision, why does it have to be a Les Reed f-up?

Quote Originally Posted by badgerx16 View Post
    The player made his own decision, why does it have to be a Les Reed f-up?
    Because he couldn't move Southampton to the East Midlands

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Because he couldn't move Southampton to the East Midlands

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    It's just the usual recruitment shambles from
    Saints. The regular failure to sign our targets
    as soon as another club shows interest.
    We have had poor recruitment in the last
    3 windows. Never mind Fat Les will sign what's left
    in the market in late July
    Mind you selling players is no problem to our board

will end up with balotelli on a free and shaquiri cos no other team wants him lol

8. Default

Not the money then , just players preference . Let’s hope we can strengthen before World Cup inflation sets in

Also why and how are Leicester replacing the outgoing Mahrez before he's sold? Isn't that illegal to be on the front foot?

Thought you legally have to sell first then scramble around replacing players a year later?

Quote Originally Posted by broncoboy View Post
    It's just the usual recruitment shambles from
    Saints. The regular failure to sign our targets
    as soon as another club shows interest.
    We have had poor recruitment in the last
    3 windows. Never mind Fat Les will sign what's left
    in the market in late July
    Mind you selling players is no problem to our board
    But if we had signed him the usual moaners would be saying that we lack ambition by signing div 2 players so more "poor recruitment". If we miss out it'll be a "failure to sign our targets".

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    But if we had signed him the usual moaners would be saying that we lack ambition by signing div 2 players so more "poor recruitment". If we miss out it'll be a "failure to sign our targets".
    Absolutele twaddle. Read page 1/2 of this thread. We were all collectively in agreement that it would be a great signing

I’d hate to see him warming the bench along with Damarai Gray next season. The young talented English players need to play and I’m not sure he’s going to get that with a Leicester team that has already spent close to £50M this summer. Perhaps he’ll be OK if they let Mahrez go.

For the same reason I was a little disappointed to read that Brewster will be signing a new contract with Liverpool.

Anyway, move along. Can’t really blame Les and the team on this if geography truly was the deciding factor.

Absolutele twaddle. Reason page 1/2 of this thread. We were all collectively in agreement that it would be a great signing
    So you speak for the entire fan-base now? Personally I can't get excited about a kid from div 2 and couldn't give a monkeys that somebody else has spent £25m on him. I'm more persuaded that we need someone proven at the top level to score goals, and a proper CB to reduce the goals we concede.

You carry on moaning though mate, whatever makes you happy.

14. Default

Not been this disappointed to lose out to a player to Leicester since Matt Piper.

(For those of a certain age).

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    I'm more persuaded that we need someone proven at the top level to score goals, and a proper CB to reduce the goals we concede.
    for example?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Not been this disappointed to lose out to a player to Leicester since Matt Piper.

If you miss him that much you can always watch his own TV Channel, see what we missed out on.

It's about time we had another Maddison in the team. Does Neil have a son?

I'm not so sure. Depends on the clubs ambitions

They have a very strong squad and probably 4-5 of the best players outside of the top 6 sides. I think even Pellegrino could get that squad into the top 8.
    Now we absolutely know your'e on a wind up/

Some of the comments are absolutely laughable on here. If Maddison wants to go to Leicester due to geographical reasons (as per being reported by SSN) then how could this possibly be the boards fault. It really isn't. The board agreed a fee with Norwich but the player wants to go to Leicester for personal reasons - this is not our boards fault they really cannot do anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by davefizzy14 View Post
    Some of the comments are absolutely laughable on here. If Maddison wants to go to Leicester due to geographical reasons (as per being reported by SSN) then how could this possibly be the boards fault. It really isn't. The board agreed a fee with Norwich but the player wants to go to Leicester for personal reasons - this is not our boards fault they really cannot do anymore.
    Surely the club talk to agents before submitting bids?

Once the agent reveals that JM will only move 5-20 miles max then we should drop interest

Or is the location a convenient excuse? We are talking about 100 miles here. Not a different country

To be honest I'm not overly fussed if we miss out on this particular player. I think the likes of Hesketh and Slattery should be a given a chance to stake a claim in the no 10 position.
    ICYMI - we are in the PL, not L1.

22. Default

Once the agent reveals that JM will only move 5-20 miles max then we should drop interest

Or is the location a convenient excuse? We are talking about 100 miles here. Not a different country
    Who's said he would only move 5-20 miles?

Perhaps he was happy to move to us to play in the Premier League, but when Leicester starting bidding the distance swayed him towards them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    ICYMI - we are in the PL, not L1.
    What are you saying Dusic? I think both of these players have huge potential and deserve a chance to shine.

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Also why and how are Leicester replacing the outgoing Mahrez before he's sold? Isn't that illegal to be on the front foot?

Thought you legally have to sell first then scramble around replacing players a year later?
    Feel free to quote examples

Thats the just Southampton way of doing things.......

I haven't been this disappointed on losing out to Leicester since Matt Elliott...........

We were heavy linked with Vardy before he choose stunning Leicester too.

Leicester is beautiful in fairness

Reading some of the posts lately, it appears that some fans on here now accept the board's view that we are such a small club that we can't hope to compete with other Premier League clubs for players and that we should be ever so grateful for even surviving in the top flight, below such clubs as Bournemouth, Brighton and Burnley. The club is just existing in survival mode, which to some is OK but to me it absolutely reeks of lack of ambition. We were so well placed from 2014 to 2016 to attract better players and further strengthen the squad that it's sad to see what incompetence and lack of ambition from the board and owners have led us to since.

We really are not THAT small a club.

30. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SW5 SAINT View Post
    I haven't been this disappointed on losing out to Leicester since Matt Elliott...........
    Good shout!

Spot on and completely accurate and everyone knows it too but it wont stop the usual "clueless club bashing posse" saying otherwise....

Blog Entries

No doubt if we were the Southampton of 2014/15/16, he'd be coming to us.

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    The Leicester City of 2016 had just won the league.

I think you're right. We've moved ourselves down the pecking order by downsizing. If a top club came in for Maddison, I doubt he'd think twice about how close they were to Coventry.

35. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    Reading some of the posts lately, it appears that some fans on here now accept the board's view that we are such a small club that we can't hope to compete with other Premier League clubs for players and that we should be ever so grateful for even surviving in the top flight, below such clubs as Bournemouth, Brighton and Burnley. The club is just existing in survival mode, which to some is OK but to me it absolutely reeks of lack of ambition. We were so well placed from 2014 to 2016 to attract better players and further strengthen the squad that it's sad to see what incompetence and lack of ambition from the board and owners have led us to since.

We really are not THAT small a club.
    What a load of pony.

We did compete to sign him, a fee was agreed. If that’s not “competing” I don’t know what is, the player just choose another similar club. Are you so arrogant and deluded that you think every single player we want, should sign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

To be honest I'm not overly fussed if we miss out on this particular player. I think the likes of Hesketh and Slattery should be a given a chance to stake a claim in the no 10 position.
    It would be nice if they could get some first team game time somewhere even if not at Saints. After all if the purpose of the academy is to raise money from sales, clubs need to know what they are getting!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    The Leicester City of 2016 had just won the league.
    Not my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Duckhunter View Post
    What a load of pony.

We did compete to sign him, a fee was agreed. If that’s not “competing” I don’t know what is, the player just choose another similar club. Are you so arrogant and deluded that you think every single player we want, should sign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'll never be as arrogant as you, thank God.

I remember when I was laughed at when I suggested that les and co were driving us down to compete with Bournemouth and such like.

Here we are

40. Default

I haven't been this disapointed since John Ralls. He even had a medical FFS.

41. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I remember when I was laughed at when I suggested that les and co were driving us down to compete with Bournemouth and such like.

Here we are
    Regardless of us having a bad season, Bournemouth are competing with us because they've improved an unbelievable amount over the last few years.

WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!

Here we are

#Nostradamus

43. Default

Here we are
    Yup, we should have signed Jermain Defoe on £130k per week aged 34 on a 3 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Yup, we should have signed Jermain Defoe on £130k per week aged 34 on a 3 year contract.
    130k a week

Rather have Defoe on 130k a week than Shane Long on 1p per year.

Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    #Nostradamus
    Like I said puel did not have a future with us.
    Oh how you laughed

I think he was already at Leicester when we wanted him and his father persuaded him to go to Sunderland instead.

We were heavy linked with Vardy before he choose stunning Leicester too.

Leicester is beautiful in fairness
    Very good curries

The players decision is based purely on personal matters and yet that's the fault of Saints he didn't sign?

Fu_ck me, we've some entitled co_ckwombles as fans

There are three main sets of opinion on this thread. 1) It's the club's fault that he didn't come here - the board need to be sacked; 2) He chose Leicester purely for reasons of location and we have nothing to worry about - players who like the sunny south will choose us instead; 3) We lost out to Leicester because we only just survived relegation, our squad is thin and our financial standing is an open question - we're now only competing with the bottom 1/3 of the league for players.

Only one of those three diagnoses of the situation is correct.