James Maddison

Heisenberg

Geography excuse = Destroyed!!

:toppa:

Told this morning from a pal who works at SFC that Madisson was offered much bigger wages at LCFC than we were prepared to pay so he went there even though he originally preferred SFC. He was mates with Reed at NCFC. LCFC just offered silly money.

No, but given this is him on Twitter what is he to gain from saying it if it is bull****? He didn't need to say anything about it. He isn't a random Twitter user, he is a journalist for a major broadcaster.

Lol where do you think the source is from? The source is the agent who obviously wants his client to not look like another money grabbing mercenary....if he is given anything he tweets it, it's his job...and if he puts out what the agent wants he is more likely to get the next possibly juicier story... Who do you think his source is, if it's not someone from Maddison's camp?

Told this morning from a pal who works at SFC that Madisson was offered much bigger wages at LCFC than we were prepared to pay so he went there even though he originally preferred SFC. He was mates with Reed at NCFC. LCFC just offered silly money.

Sounds about right.

Yet more evidence there is zero ambition at SMS. We'll end up selling key players and bringing in journeymen. Again.

Lol where do you think the source is from? The source is the agent who obviously wants his client to not look like another money grabbing mercenary....if he is given anything he tweets it, it's his job...and if he puts out what the agent wants he is more likely to get the next possibly juicier story... Who do you think his source is, if it's not someone from Maddison's camp?

Really you think anyone cares enough about that for him to go to the effort? No one would bat an eyelid if the player said he went to Leicester because they offered him more money it's not like anyone else wouldn't do the same.

Here is how this played out........ for those that dont seem to get it

Agent told Leciester and us that Maddison was looking to move and Norwich would sell if the right price came along.

It got to the stage where both Leicester and us agreed a fee with Norwich.

Then the agent disclosed all this to the media, its clear Sky lyall has a direct line to the agent with whats been said.

Disclosure purely done to ramp up personal details im sure of that and Leciester i suspect increased personal terms over the weekend.

Player and agent has now got a better deal with Leicester and thats his preferred club due to financial and personal reasons.

All this is then relayed to the agents media contacts like 'sky lyall' and other newspaper journos.

I think the agent has then got grief from SFC about the leaking and then buckled to sky lyall to say it was 'only' about location, when reality is that that was just one part alongside wages.

So overall Saints have been used by the agent to get a better deal from leicester.

Agent = Base Soccer who clearly are very unproffesional or with football agents thats the norm.

You can question how the club has been 'played' again by the agent as all the above happened with Walcott as well

I think the phrase I used was "rank amateurs".

Toby, Walcott, Maddison.... I see a pattern emerging.

OK, accepted its due to family/geography

10 hours later...

I think the phrase I used was "rank amateurs".

Toby, Walcott, Maddison.... I see a pattern emerging.

:rolleyes: :mcinnes:

flip-flop.gif

(out of interest why do you cherry pick the ones that don't happen and not look at the good signings that have happened?)

Edited by Matthew Le God

10 hours later...

:rolleyes: :mcinnes:

flip-flop.gif

(out of interest why do you cherry pick the ones that don't happen and not look at the good signings that have happened?)

I am reacting to the discussion as it flows.

Seeing as I dont know him, I dont know the real reason. And actually couldnt give a flying f**k, tbh.

tbf to him...

2017/18 - he played in 38 Arsenal games

2016/17 - he played in 29 Premier League games

:lol: Priceless

Aint going to dispute your figures (got better things to do).

So lets assume the laying-on-of-hands has worked and suddenly hes no longer Sick Note Mk2 and give him 100K per week... :lol:

Something I've noticed on my return, Alpine Saint and Heisenberg seem very depressed and i'm not convinced they are Saints fans.

I am a Saints fan extremely frustrated that the cretinous off-field management have learned absolutely jack-sh*t from staring over the abyss for so long last season.

:lol: Priceless

Aint going to dispute your figures (got better things to do).

So lets assume the laying-on-of-hands has worked and suddenly hes no longer Sick Note Mk2 and give him 100K per week... :lol:

I was just playing Devil's advocate and showing his record over the last 2 seasons has been a lot better and he hasn't had as many injury problems. I did not say if we should sign him or not.

I am a Saints fan extremely frustrated that the cretinous off-field management have learned absolutely jack-sh*t from staring over the abyss for so long last season.

This is great, but clearly under the right management the squad can stay up. We won't sign anyone of worth or note, so no point going mental about it. #SouthamptonWay

OK, accepted its due to family/geography, though we arent exactly talking West Coast to East Coast US here..

To that I say - what a pussy Mummys Boy, would‘t want him here then, the club doesnt need to employ somone to hold flannels on scratched knees

****ing hell, are you this much of a twt in real life.

Is it really that hard to understand that if your choice is 2 similar sized clubs, and you were happy to play for either, a player may want to be a few miles away from his family rather than a couple of hours away. Clearly if it was Leicester or Juve , the player would move away to further his career. But if an Italian chooses Juve over Bayern for family reason, it doesn’t make him a mummy’s boy or some sort of pussy. Most normal people when given a similar choice would rather be near their parents, brothers, sisters, uncles etc, if possible. He’s not turning down a bigger club because he’s pussy whipped, like a certain Southampton legend did, he’s chosen between similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really you think anyone cares enough about that for him to go to the effort? No one would bat an eyelid if the player said he went to Leicester because they offered him more money it's not like anyone else wouldn't do the same.

Yes of course they do...his agent is paid to also manage his image...how many of our players have left and said "I left for the money". I am not saying it's wrong but it is reality....You live in a funny world if you think they aren't managing the image of players....even the very biggest stars never come out and say "I just signed a new contract because they paid me loads"....it's always about ambition and the club they love every etc which everyone knows is rubbish

Yes of course they do...his agent is paid to also manage his image...how many of our players have left and said "I left for the money". I am not saying it's wrong but it is reality....You live in a funny world if you think they aren't managing the image of players....even the very biggest stars never come out and say "I just signed a new contract because they paid me loads"....it's always about ambition and the club they love every etc which everyone knows is rubbish

Except Gaston

Problenm now though is that having stayed up last season, this is seen as successful management by the'board' in acting when they did and enhances Reeds self-belief of invincibiity.

Problenm now though is that having stayed up last season, this is seen as successful management by the'board' in acting when they did and enhances Reeds self-belief of invincibiity.

Yes that sounds good does it not

Is it? I didn't hear anyone congratulating themselves or claiming invincibility. Are you sure you're not just making this **** up?

One is but terminally negative the other isn't and is a multi log in troll

I've figured it out... Jeez I can't believe I've been so stupid.. I should have realised sooner... Gah what an idiot.

This is the Trueman Show isn't it? None of you are actually real... Man I've been living this weird dream for years...

If Leicester have Maddison, will they still be after Patrick Roberts from City (reportedly they wanted him to replace Mahrez if they sell him to Man City), and will we be interested in Roberts, as we reportedly were last summer before he chose another loan spell at Celtic?

Is it? I didn't hear anyone congratulating themselves or claiming invincibility. Are you sure you're not just making this **** up?

The problem is that people, without any knowledge of what ACTUALLY happened, spout their own suppositions as to what happened and then go on rant as though their speculation is actually true.

Personally, I don’t buy the ‘to be nearer the family’ explanation. England is such a small country to get around. I am sure if Real Madrid had come knocking then I’m sure it wouldn’t have been an issue. Les is just a poor negotiator.

Or maybe we have our wage structure and we made him an offer within that. Leicester were prepared to offer a higher salary which we said we wouldn’t match.