James Maddison

Heisenberg

None of those that seem to be criticising the club and Les seem to have explained why SFC are more attractive a Club/proposition than LCFC.

Good post. We're not a better option. They're performing better than us, have an owner willing to spend, have a better team, and pay more. It's the latter that's the key though but personally I'm happy that we stick to a wage structure and with ffp we have to.

Missing out to Leicester isn't anything to be concerned about. If we missed out to Wolves, Bournemouth or Brighton it would be.

We lost out to WBA last January (Sturridge) if we are to believe our favorite Telegraph ITK Jeremy Wilson.

Personally, I don’t buy the ‘to be nearer the family’ explanation. England is such a small country to get around. I am sure if Real Madrid had come knocking then I’m sure it wouldn’t have been an issue. Les is just a poor negotiator.

You can't see the difference between a player deciding to play for Leicester or saints and Leicester or Real Madrid....

Heard that other clubs are just able and willing to pay more than we are so it might be a difficult summer, especially when it comes to signing English players. International players might be easier as premier league clubs can pay more but sounded like we wouldn’t or couldn’t compete with other PL clubs.

Heard that other clubs are just able and willing to pay more than we are so it might be a difficult summer, especially when it comes to signing English players. International players might be easier as premier league clubs can pay more but sounded like we wouldn’t or couldn’t compete with other PL clubs.

We have to be better at spotting the talent that others miss. We have done it in the past, but we seem to have been less effective recently. For every Toby or James Maddison, there is always a Mane or Van Dijk. Spot the talent, develop it, sell it on. That is the Southampton Way.

Signing number 3 for them, this clubs a joke.

Because it hasn't signed a player 10+ days before the players start pre-season? I'm not sure why you are using that as a stick to beat the club with. If a player signed today, he would not be training tomorrow, they don't start probably until July!

Because it hasn't signed a player 10+ days before the players start pre-season? I'm not sure why you are using that as a stick to beat the club with. If a player signed today, he would not be training tomorrow, they don't start probably until July!

You really don't get it do you , That or you are the most blatant troll on here !

You really don't get it do you

Enlighten me as to why signing a player 2 weeks ago, today or in 7 days matters when training does not start for 10+ more day!?

That or you are the most blatant troll on here !

I can't see why pointing that fact out makes me a "troll".

Edited by Matthew Le God

I doubt he had much to do with it.

James Maddison is Leicester's third summer signing and says a chat with manager Claude Puel played a big part in his decision to move to the King Power...

"I’m really happy to be here. I had a good chat with the manager about football and how he wants me to play, how he likes to play and I was sold. We talked about the type of player I am, how I’m going to fit into his style of play and everything sounded really promising. I haven’t looked back since that phone call.

I doubt he had much to do with it.

I’m delighted. I’m really happy to be here. I had a good chat with the manager about football and how he wants me to play, how he likes to play and I was sold. We talked about the type of player I am, how I’m going to fit into his style of play and everything sounded really promising. I haven’t looked back since that phone call.

416CFEAA00000578-0-image-a-49_1497534151538.jpg

James Maddison is Leicester's third summer signing and says a chat with manager Claude Puel played a big part in his decision to move to the King Power...

"I’m really happy to be here. I had a good chat with the manager about football and how he wants me to play, how he likes to play and I was sold. We talked about the type of player I am, how I’m going to fit into his style of play and everything sounded really promising. I haven’t looked back since that phone call.

How he likes to play, does that involve not scoring at home for half a season?

Enlighten me as to why signing a player 2 weeks ago, today or in 7 days matters when training does not start for 10+ more day!?

I can't see why pointing that fact out makes me a "troll".

You don't see the benefits of getting a player signed before training starts ? Giving them time to find somewhere to live , get used to the area and where they have to travel to training etc !? It's not a fact it's your opinion and you seem to have more opinions on other peoples posts than you do anything else !

If it's any consolation, last time I saw him play (0:2 Norwich defeat at home to Cardiff) the only interesting thing he did all game was go on a mazy dribble in the wrong direction and lost the ball in his own area!

Our Harry Reed on the other hand had a good game....

Am I meant to be in meltdown mode now?

Passionate SFC fans that are ambitious and want the club to do the very best it can will be disappointed to miss out on a top English, young, goalscoring talent, especially to one of our premier league rivals.

Fans (like you) just happy to have a club will be a bit meh.

Neither type is having a meltdown

HTH

Passionate SFC fans that are ambitious and want the club to do the very best it can will be disappointed to miss out on a top English, young, goalscoring talent, especially to one of our premier league rivals.

HTH

The problem pal is that you care too much.

What do people actually think we can achieve? We won’t ever break top six without ridiculous spending, and now that’s impossible due to money fair play and we are not owned by a rich Arab chap who can own six clubs at once and sponsor everything to bypass these rules. We will always be floating about mid table, have flirts with europa, flirt with cups, be relegated and come back up. That’s about it. So signing some chump from Norwich, who will inevitably use them as a stepping stone, doesn’t really matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HTH

I am very happy to have a club, not too many years ago we nearly never had a club, so I kind of appreciate the progress we have made.

If you want to see passion why not come to a game or two, I'll be able to teach you a bit about it.

The only thing you are passionate about is sitting behind your keyboard, trolling this site and kicking the club.

HTH.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

What do people actually think we can achieve? We won’t ever break top six without ridiculous spending

I'm not saying it is going to definitely or likely to happen any time soon, but you know it is 2018 and as recently as 2016 Saints finished 6th don't you? So to rule it out ever happening again is a little extreme.

I'm not saying it is going to definitely or likely to happen any time soon, but you know it is 2018 and as recently as 2016 Saints finished 6th don't you? So to rule it out ever happening again is a little extreme.
Finishing sixth in one single season isn't "breaking the top six".

Leicester won the fu cking league and haven't broken the top six.

None of those that seem to be criticising the club and Les seem to have explained why SFC are more attractive a Club/proposition than LCFC.

Go back one step. The anger is directed at the architects of the situation that we are now a less attractive proposition than LCFC. Not the actual club performance over this potential transfer per se.

Go back one step. The anger is directed at the architects of the situation that we are now a less attractive proposition than LCFC. Not the actual club performance over this potential transfer per se.

1) Do you think if Leicester had not bid for Maddison he would be a Southampton player?

2) Is it really a bad situation if Leicester beat us to a £25m signing?

If you live near Leicester LCFC is probably an attractive club to support.

Also if you have lived all your life near Leicester and two clubs are offering you similar wages I would have thought Leicester City was an attractive place to work

As a replacement he’ll be forever compared with Marhez. Would have had less pressure at Saints and an easier step up to the PL.

He's not replacing Mahrez, he's a 10 not a winger. We'll be buying someone else when Mahrez is eventually shifted on. He'll be compared against Okazaki, who frankly is technically woeful and had trouble with his own shoe laces sometimes.

For those questioning whether it's about moving back closer to home or not, we had someone on our forum who said this was pretty much a done deal in April this year. He knows Maddisons friends from Cov and they were all saying he wanted to come back closer to home as he's very close to his family and that he had started up a coaching school or something like that and wanted to be around more for that.

From what they said it was only the injury that delayed this going through the second the market opened.

Signing number 3 for them, this clubs a joke.

Noise around us is that the owners are going fairly big this season, they want to make more of the club and need us established top half to do so. We've got a new £80m training complex on the horizon, ground extension announced. They are serious about moving the club into the next bracket size wise.

If clubs have owners willing to push the boat out and have the money to back it up, there isn't much you can do about it. It's frustrating I know, but we've probably had £150m more from prize money etc in the last two seasons. You can't compete against that, like we can't compete with those who have bigger income than us

I don't mean this to come across "braggy", it could all go tits up in a second I'm well aware of that. But it was the other way around, I couldn't critisise the club as you can't control what others do.