James Maddison

Heisenberg

I won't believe anything until I have seen a Kenyan confirmation.....

A carrier pigeon from Turks and Caicos just told me it’s 73% done.

Eko was banned a week ago. You'll need to find something else to post about now fellas!!

How about Saints? :lol: :lol:

So time to see which manager is more appealing to play for Hughes or Puel...
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/james-maddison-set-hold-leicester-12729318

Lots of factors at play, including that he is from the Midlands.

A few Saints players signed for us and turned down Hughes (Redmond and Cedric for certain) but not sure it counts for much.

They are likely to be stronger than us over the next couple of years as will spend more.

But we have a better record for delivering players to CL clubs, which is probably where he is ultimately aiming.

Reports say Leicester favourites but if there was no chance of swaying him then why bid?

Lots of factors at play, including that he is from the Midlands.

Oh, balls.

A few Saints players signed for us and turned down Hughes (Redmond and Cedric for certain) but not sure it counts for much.

I remember that. I always assumed it's because Saints (hopefully) would seem more sexy than Stoke.

cfb455d62fcb31738bdb00585d7870a4.png

And this now, so who do we believe?!

John Percy is normally spot on. I'd trust him over SKY.

If we have both agreed fees then the player could be having a medical at both clubs before terms are agreed. Seem to remember Cedric having a medical at Stoke before we signed him, so I wouldn’t say that necessarily shows a preference towards Leicester. Could be clutching at straws, however!

How do you know that? I don't remember any announcement.

Either way, thank goodness, I can just about cope with you, as long as CB Fry, hypochondriac and batman aren't on the same thread..

Hi Sue,

Hope you're well

Here is the announcement. Banned and confirmation that he had nowt to do with me (apology accepted - from those that accused)

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?59893-Glaswegian-Kenyan&p=2638389#post2638389

Light n Love x

Now back on topic please

If we have both agreed fees then the player could be having a medical at both clubs before terms are agreed. Seem to remember Cedric having a medical at Stoke before we signed him, so I wouldn’t say that necessarily shows a preference towards Leicester. Could be clutching at straws, however!

Has there been anything from any of our media journo chums? That's quite telling.

Hi Sue,

Hope you're well

Here is the announcement. Banned and confirmation that he had nowt to do with me (apology accepted - from those that accused)

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?59893-Glaswegian-Kenyan&p=2638389#post2638389

Light n Love x

Now back on topic please

he revealed his true identity when he put a team on the Saints web DT World Cup fantasy footie league, posted “done” on the thread at the same time as his name appeared as a team and his Proper name against it, then a couple of days later posted another team using his SW alias.

we were in the market for good players in January....look what we ended up with

Carrillo cost decent money, he just isn't a decent player (caveat - prepared to give him 5 games in a non-Pellegrino team to find out for complete confirmation. Then again Hughes probably won't feel the same). Anyway, the point is IF we are in for Maddison and bidding 20 odd million it dispels any fears that we are just going to try to muddle through with the current players and not buy any new ones that cost decent money.

Just like January. Bidding a shed load of cash for a player we know won't be signing.

Time me will tell. He looks like a decent player.

So what do you suggest the club does if it cannot attract quality players which seems to be the case.

It is all well and good to slag off the board and Les like some posters do but if players don't want to come here results are not going to improve

Just like January. Bidding a shed load of cash for a player we know won't be signing.

Time me will tell. He looks like a decent player.

Who did we bid a shed load of cash on we knew we couldn't sign?

I doubt the club ever bids for anyone it doesn't think it has a chance of signing.

I imagine player agents ( if they are doing their job) give several clubs encouragement that a player is interested.

So what do you suggest the club does if it cannot attract quality players which seems to be the case.

It is all well and good to slag off the board and Les like some posters do but if players don't want to come here results are not going to improve

Yep spot on mate

Yep spot on mate
Why is it the last 3 windows have been a disaster and not one player would come here who is better than what we have in the whole of europe? really?

we are one of the top 10 payers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by Give it to Ron

I guess if we bid for Messi, we believe we could sign him

We are talking about James Maddison not Lionel Messi. Surely you are not suggesting that we are bidding for championship players (albeit good ones) who we know we won’t end up signing simply to create the illusion that we might and to appease fans who think we have no intention of signing anyone.

Promes.

the went in with days to go despite his club saying they would need a replacement

I believe that Walcott was about to sign a contract before going to Everton but then went for Promes but his club could not get a replacement that's what happens in transfer nothing is certain

But you give the impression that you think getting in a player is easy how has that happened

By the way the latest from the Daily Mirror at 6pm was that Maddison had not spoken to us or Leicester