Ben Gibson

Heisenberg

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

FWIW, seems big noises from Boro end that he's on his way. Think he would be a really good signing.

See this guy's posts...https://oneboro.co.uk/forum/search.php?action=results&sid=d1b30ef5d451446742031f5841dacdd1

Just had a quick scan of the most recent posts. Apparently the deal is done and will be a record incoming fee for Boro. Their past record transfer was 13m (according to wiki).

It also mentions they're trying to get a replacement in before it's announced so they don't get fleeced on the incoming transfer.....this could all go a bit promes!

25 minutes ago on oneboro.....

Just had a text saying the clubs have come to an agreement, the sticking point was how much of the fee is paid up front. It will be our biggest ever transfer fee received

So as per normal, messages are very different depending on who and what you want to believe!

25 minutes ago on oneboro.....

Just had a text saying the clubs have come to an agreement, the sticking point was how much of the fee is paid up front. It will be our biggest ever transfer fee received

So as per normal, messages are very different depending on who and what you want to believe!

Thanks for the update

That Bloke on Boro´s forum - Will - says the clubs have come to an agreement now so lets wait and see. Record transfer for Boro so loads of money floating around here.

As there should be....

VVD sale and net transfer spend winners past 4 seasons

About time we splashed some cash. Although by window close I suspect we will still be healthy upside

no reports elsewhere, and it's all gone quiet..so ask yourselves do you beleive it?

I've kept a list of players we've been linked with & have long thought that Maddison & Gibson were both the most realistic of players that we'd be in for.

Didn't work out for Maddison, but I'm hoping we'll get Gibson in.

Spoke to a Boro fan at work about Gibson. His words were, "had a great season 2 years ago, got on the brink of the England team, but since then has lost his way a bit. Did not have a great season last year - ok, he wasn't bad, but for someone of his perceived quality he was disappointing. He's a decent footballer, and strong, he could end up being a very good player, but just depends on whether he can get his mojo back. Also depends how much you pay. Is he worth £30m? Definitely not. £20m? Not quite, I reckon if you paid between £15m and £20m both parties would have a deal they'd be happy with".

What are expecting for a CB hardly a position that screams entertaining video. Still Boufal's youtube vid was amazing and that worked out well..

I was expecting a bit more than some hoofs, losing possession, and bog standard interceptions, but maybe I am too ambitious for our players these days

I was expecting a bit more than some hoofs, losing possession, and bog standard interceptions, but maybe I am too ambitious for our players these days

I'd ****ing kill for a CB who is happy to keep it simple and not be afraid to smash into row Z or just hoof it long when the situation called for it. We've got enough wannabe ball playing defenders trying to show off their skills and losing possession around our box already.

He's just got to be better than one of hoedt or Stephens to improve us. I'd back him to be that at least.

I'm not sure he is. Speaking to a Boro supporting mate (well, he's Blackburn but his missus is Boro and watches a lot of them) he said, and I quote:

"He's OK in the Champ, but then so are a lot of players."

Ringing endorsement there.