Dusan Tadic to Ajax - Undisclosed (£10M)

Feyenoord1908

As long as we replace him and looks like we have with the guy from Basel I think it's a decent deal.

Good player but his last two years he has been very frustrating and the potential new guy looks like he has more pace and goal threat about him (plus at 23 potential to improve)

Often frustrating, but on his day a very good player and unlike some he actually seemed to care, particularly in the run-in last season. I'll miss him acknowledging the crowd every time his name was sung. Good move for him though and can't really blame him or the club, he's given us four years of good service.

Thanks and good luck Dusan.

That's Ajax saying they have paid 11.4m Euros for him, rising to 13.7m Euros dependent on bonuses.

That's £10m rising to £12m.

That is dirt cheap. An absolute steal.

This fee has to be right. Ajax are a stock listed company so they always have to announce the amounts. The fee is probably lower than mentioned earlier because Tadic gets a decent cut of the transfer fee and Ajax pay him separately.

Any advance on 8mill anyone... start your bidding

We know what they paid... £10m smakeroonies

giphy.gif

It's being widely reported on mainstream media outlets that the initial fee is €11.4M (c£10M). Do all the media have an anti-SFC agenda?

Don`t know, or really care about media, guess you hang on every word they print

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Telegraph still saying a £15 million deal though it doesn't say what the deal actually is. Interestingly the price for the two new blokes is the same as is being quoted else where ie 7 million for Armstrong. and 16 million for the guy with the name I can't yet spell.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/27/southampton-transfer-news-16m-mohamed-elyounoussi-fee-agreed/

I wonder if we'll put the 6.4M to good use...

Already spent it on a reserve at Celtic who plays for Scotland now and then.

Either way good luck to Dusan. Did very well for us and will get some more European football before he retires.

In on the joke? Seems like peanuts for someone as good as Tadic. Terrible deal for Saints if true.

@SimonPeach

10m10 minutes ago

More

Dusan Tadic gave good service & produced some superb moments for #SaintsFC, but he turns 30 this year & was too inconsistent last season. Ajax say they are paying €11.4million , rising to €13.7million - not a bad return

I wasn't his biggest fan, but it seemed to me he cared a lot especially on the run in of last season.

Before the last game of the season I watched the players get off the team coach and he was the only one who made any effort with the fans

Thanks Dusan and good luck in the future.

Telegraph still saying a £15 million deal though it doesn't say what the deal actually is. Interestingly the price for the two new blokes is the same as is being quoted else where ie 7 million for Armstrong. and 16 million for the guy with the name I can't yet spell.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/27/southampton-transfer-news-16m-mohamed-elyounoussi-fee-agreed/

Les doesn’t want to give up the net spend trophy without a fight.

In on the joke? Seems like peanuts for someone as good as Tadic. Terrible deal for Saints if true.

@SimonPeach

10m10 minutes ago

More

Dusan Tadic gave good service & produced some superb moments for #SaintsFC, but he turns 30 this year & was too inconsistent last season. Ajax say they are paying €11.4million , rising to €13.7million - not a bad return

That's what Ajax say and it's the initial fee, there will be other add ons spread over a period of time. Our usual mouth pieces in the media say we wanted £18m. The truth will be somewhere in the middle.

That's what Ajax say and it's the initial fee, there will be other add ons spread over a period of time. Our usual mouth pieces in the media say we wanted £18m. The truth will be somewhere in the middle.

Ajax can't lie to the stock market. If they say they've handed us 11.9m euros, then that's exactly what they'll have done.

No great loss (he has been great for us in the past), now if we can get shot of Redmond and Sophie and replace with two good creative midfielders things will look much better. Dusan was great for the last 8 games last season but a liability for the previous 30 and for much of the season before as well. He was also great for us when Ronald took over, but players abilities wane with time, we should not cry about a player who used to be great leaving, especially if we get half decent money for him. he used to be good but now he is avreage at best, it happens, the crime would be to hold on to a player because of his past glories.

Never like to see a first team player leave, but over the past couple of seasons he has without doubt been the most infuriating player.

Agree. Great ability but all too rarely seen in his last two seasons and even before that I always felt he could offer more if he showed more of a killer instinct. Wish him well though.

Often frustrating, but on his day a very good player and unlike some he actually seemed to care, particularly in the run-in last season. I'll miss him acknowledging the crowd every time his name was sung. Good move for him though and can't really blame him or the club, he's given us four years of good service.

Thanks and good luck Dusan.

What he said.