Dusan Tadic to Ajax - Undisclosed (£10M)

Feyenoord1908

half decent? Probably not but then most of the PL is **** poor these days. I agree the squad is poor compared to recent seasons and doesn't have enough to be challenging top 8-6 but I think Hughes can get enough out of it to avoid a relegation battle like last season. If the club want more than that then heavy investment is needed.

the squad needs reshaping. players need to leave. Hughes can only do so much with this lot. That may mean paying some of these outgoing players wages. I am not sure where the money will come from to do that, perhaps some of the VVD transfer fee.

Its obvious we have to sell before we buy, selling Tadic is one option we have, I cant think of many others we have left to sell that would get that fee from to give Hughes any war chest - we have an owner having to service a big loan and having any money tied up elsewhere.

Sell before we buy are you ****ing serious?! We still have most of the VVD money to spend, how were we planning on buying Promes if we don’t have a **** load of cash?

Sell before we buy are you ****ing serious?! We still have most of the VVD money to spend, how were we planning on buying Promes if we don’t have a **** load of cash?
lol you think we were in for Promes seriously did you miss the net spend we have had? we were never getting Promes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Edited by Give it to Ron

From the Dutch magazine Voetbal International:

Though the Saints still have to agree with a transfer, Ajax is very optimistic Tadic will join them for 17 million euro’s. Erwin Koeman thinks this is not too much as in England players are easily sold for 15 million when they are able to pass the ball to another player. According to him Tadic could play for another 3 years in the PL, not for the big 6 but for every other club. Koeman didn’t know why Tadic wants to return to the Netherlands, could be for his family because he had a good time here in the past or because the Dutch Eredivisie is way less intense than the PL.

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/tadic-had-nog-makkelijk-drie-jaar-in-de-premier-league-kunnen-spelen

lol you think we were in for Promes seriously did you miss the net spend we have had? we were never getting Promes

We’re you in a coma when we flogged Van Dyke for 75mill or something?

I seriously doubt Hughes would have taken the job on if he wasn’t given a half decent war chest, the idea that we still have to sell to buy is just nuts.

We’re you in a coma when we flogged Van Dyke for 75mill or something?

I seriously doubt Hughes would have taken the job on if he wasn’t given a half decent war chest, the idea that we still have to sell to buy is just nuts.

Maybe we don't need to sell to buy to raise cash but to stop the squad becoming horribly bloated and keep the wage bill under control. In other words we don't need to sale for the cash but we can only have a 25 man squad so we need to clear some players out to make way for new ones? just a thought.

Maybe we don't need to sell to buy to raise cash but to stop the squad becoming horribly bloated and keep the wage bill under control. In other words we don't need to sale for the cash but we can only have a 25 man squad so we need to clear some players out to make way for new ones? just a thought.

That's obvious, it's the idea that we need to sell to raise funds the is barmy.

Sky reporting deal is now very close to being done at £18m...

Would seem we're getting that Norwegian lad, Elyounoussi, into replace him.

Dusan will be a massive loss on and off the field - big character and very well liked in the dressing room i'm led to believe.

Les has got to have one eye on the trophy again. What would it be? 4 years in a row? Going to be difficult with the VVD money available but if anyone can build a dynasty, it’s Les and the club.

Looking like we are basically swapping Tadic for Elyounoussi as the fees are almost identical and I'd reckon we are probably going to pay him about the same as Tadic.

Presuming he obviously chooses us over Wolfsburg.

maybe, but perhaps not in the transfer market where the likes of Krcic, Imbula, Jese, Berahino and Wimmer have been utter failures. How much input and say he had in each is always difficult to know as an outsider, but the Stoke chairman was quite ruthless when sacking him and that might point ot he fact that Hughes had got his men and they hadnt been money well spent.

I assume Hughes will have a major say in transfers at Saints?

Well, unless we've got some hidden stoke ITK's on here (?) we won't find out how much influence he really had there. It seemed they had a lot of bad eggs in the dressing room and he fell out with the more vocal ones amongst them.

I said on the Les Reed thread that I hoped Hughes (not being a yes man) would balance out with our recruitment strategy to actually compliment each other. More Koeman than Puel/Mope I hope. Guess we'll find out.

To me at least it was obvious how much better we were under Hughes last season as soon as he took over. He obviously saved us, and I hope that with a pre-season and some of his own players he will take us back up to mid table.

Whatever else happens behind the scenes, we best all hope its a stark improvement on the last 2years!

May need to change thread title to £18m...

SKY SOURCES: @AFCAjax close to agreeing £18m deal with @SouthamptonFC for Dusan Tadic. #SSN

From the Dutch magazine Voetbal International:

Though the Saints still have to agree with a transfer, Ajax is very optimistic Tadic will join them for 17 million euro’s.

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/tadic-had-nog-makkelijk-drie-jaar-in-de-premier-league-kunnen-spelen

May need to change thread title to 17m euros?

That is from yesterday and it states a fee hasn't been agreed, Sky today claim to have new news that a fee close to £18m is close to being agreed.

Things may have moved on since yesterday Boss!

New news often (but not always) trumps old news ;)

Edited by Matthew Le God

When he's on form he's one of our better players. But in all honesty he has a good game once in every four. Thanks for your contribution Dusan, but probably time to move on. He's been looking to move for a couple of seasons anyway

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How annoying. He's been way below his best for the last 2 years but since Hughes came in looked much better. I was looking forward to seeing if Hughsie could get him back to his best. Oh well. C'est la vie!

Good luck Dusan, thanks for the memories!

be interesting to see what our end say they got for him.

This fee has to be right. Ajax are a stock listed company so they always have to announce the amounts. The fee is probably lower than mentioned earlier because Tadic gets a decent cut of the transfer fee and Ajax pay him separately.

be interesting to see what our end say they got for him.

When have our end ever let us know anything like that? Apart from in the end of season accounts which is about two years old when it comes out.

I seem to remember, on a quiz, prior to one of our games last season against one of Austin's former clubs, one of the questions were "What was the reported fee Saints paid for Charlie Austin?" but that's about as close as they've come, in my memory to directly reveal a player's transfer fee.

This fee has to be right. Ajax are a stock listed company so they always have to announce the amounts. The fee is probably lower than mentioned earlier because Tadic gets a decent cut of the transfer fee and Ajax pay him separately.

Good point.

Just did some quick maths. 66.66% of the 17.1 million Euro's mentioned earlier is 11.4 that are Ajax are mentioning right now as the base fee so Tadic. The 13.7 million Euro's after clauses is 80% of the 17.1 million Euro's that was mentioned earlier.

All the best Dusan - came to the fore at the back end of the season, but wasn't massively influential prior to that (and the season before that)

Often a threat though, played best from the left...although very rarely played there. No question that his best spell with us came under Koeman when he had a target man in Pelle to play with.

I think it’s clear he wanted a new start and if this allows us to renew his position then it could end up being a win-win.