Dusan Tadic to Ajax - Undisclosed (£10M)

Feyenoord1908

“SCHIPHOL - Ajax is about to close a megadeal.

The Amsterdammers have reached a personal agreement with Dusan Tadic (29) about a contract for four seasons.

Financial director Jeroen Slop and director of player policy Marc Overmars flew to Southampton to talk to the Premier League club about the (limited) transfer fee of the star player of Serbia and Southampton.

The club management is counting on the transfer, which amounts to an amount of 17.1 million euros, to be completed in the coming days.

Today in TELESPORT: all the details of a week-long mega project.“

Sell the only "creative" player who can create chances for a pittance with no replacement sorted. Sounds like something a competently run club wouldn't do, but this is Southampton so it's probably true.

No doubt we'll have some well timed puff pieces from the club's shoeshine boys in the media telling of our great confidence in the recruitment process and claiming interest in players we aren't getting.

We signed him for about £13m. It doesn't ring particularly true that we'd then give him a £15m release clause when he renewed his contract two years ago (when, at the same time, we sold Mane for £35m-ish).

£15m in this market for a starting player we could never replace for probably much less than double that amount would be poor business.

But who knows - things behind the scenes have certainly seemed sloppy and complacent in recent years. Maybe they really have given him a stupidity low release clause.

Tadic is a curate's egg. There are often times during the season when you'd be more than happy to drive him to a new employer, but there's no doubt when he engages he's our best attacker.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Quite remarkable that Tadic is willing to play in the Eredivisie again. I assume that Ajax is going to pay a salary that’s way beyond their usual pay (max. 2,5 million) but surely Tadic could get more elsewhere. Apparantly he’s not only interested in money, good for him. Very disappointing to see him leave the Saints though.

Sincerely hope this is wide of the mark, was really hoping Dusan would stay for at least another season.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Me too. I have a hard time believing Les and Co. would have allowed a release clause to be inserted in his contract. He’s a really important player in my opinion. Without his performances at the end of the season we’d probably be contemplating life in the Championship.

£15 million eh? West Brom are demanding £18 million for J-rod FFS. Would be completely bizarre to sell Tadic.

Also release clause? when have we ever had a player with a release clause and if it exists, and its only 15 million, I'm pretty sure another PL club would have come in for him by now.

Seems an unlikely story.

But if we sell Tadic this summer, one of the few experienced pros at the club with a track record of consistent performance/delivery then we'll see the board have not learned a single thing from the last two seasons.

Do not let Tadic go.

Why on earth would we give one of our best players a £15m release clause?

What's worse...? Giving in to a player's demand for a relatively low release clause during contract renewal negotiations...or... the club refuses to budge, the player refuses to sign a new contract and he ends up leaving on a free transfer in due course?

What's worse...? Giving in to a player's demand for a relatively low release clause during contract renewal negotiations...or... the club refuses to budge, the player refuses to sign a new contract and he ends up leaving on a free transfer in due course?

You know that that formed part of the negotiations?

He signed a new contract in summer 16 after one of his best seasons with us. His stock was high as was his value.

I don't rate the Muppet Boys running the club just now, but surely even they are not this stupid?

We don't negotiate with terrorists and if Tadic wanted a £15m release clause in Aug-16 we would have sold him in Aug-16

This move has been rumoured for a while so wouldn’t surprise me. I think Duncan also mentioned Tadic wanted out.

If true, it would confirm the board’s obsession with resale value once a player hits his peak years. £15m is definitely below his market value but Les and the little fella will see it as a bonus for someone they might struggle to flog in a couple of years.

As with Lambert, Fonte and Pelle, there is no thought as to the departing player’s influence in the dressing room or their connection with fans, but in their eyes it will be a smart move making a small profit on a player not far from turning 30.

Also Les will be keen to get this one done ASAP and all other transfer activity will be suspended until the cash register is ringing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This move has been rumoured for a while so wouldn’t surprise me. I think Duncan also mentioned Tadic wanted out.

If true, it would confirm the board’s obsession with resale value once a player hits his peak years. £15m is definitely below his market value but Les and the little fella will see it as a bonus for someone they might struggle to flog in a couple of years.

As with Lambert, Fonte and Pelle, there is no thought as to the departing player’s influence in the dressing room or their connection with fans, but in their eyes it will be a smart move making a small profit on a player not far from turning 30.

Also Les will be keen to get this one done ASAP and all other transfer activity will be suspended until the cash register is ringing.

Interested to know how you got the inside track on all this? You wouldn't be making this sh1t up would you??

We signed him for about £13m. It doesn't ring particularly true that we'd then give him a £15m release clause when he renewed his contract two years ago (when, at the same time, we sold Mane for £35m-ish).

£15m in this market for a starting player we could never replace for probably much less than double that amount would be poor business.

But who knows - things behind the scenes have certainly seemed sloppy and complacent in recent years. Maybe they really have given him a stupidity low release clause.

Tadic is a curate's egg. There are often times during the season when you'd be more than happy to drive him to a new employer, but there's no doubt when he engages he's our best attacker.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Up until the last 8 games I would have driven him there....but those last games he was superb.

Can now see why linked with advanced midfielders.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Interested to know how you got the inside track on all this? You wouldn't be making this sh1t up would you??

Made what up? There have been multiple reports about Tadic leaving to Ajax, Duncan did say Tadic wanted out, and we did sell Fonte, Lambert and Pelle before their contracts finished.

The rest of course is conjecture, but then most of this forum is.

Anyway, if Tadic is worth significantly more than his release clause then there will be other bids for him which will drive up the price. Release clauses establish minimum price tags not maxium, don't they?

I genuinely cannot understand how you think this is correct. Release clause means we have to accept a bid that meets it. We cannot turn that bid down. If he wants to go and club meets clause, he’s off. If another club wanted to pay say £25m, we would accept that bid too (as it is in excess of the release clause) and then Tadic then chooses which club to go to. I cannot think of a good reason why any club would offer more than the release clause though? If you have extra cash, give more to Tadic in wages and signing bonus to convince him to join you over rivals.

I did think a lot more people would be happy about this given the endless match day thread slagging Tadic gets.

I thought he was a flat track bully, not fit to clean Lallana's boots, a lazy foreigner who spends all his time play acting and diving, can't take a pen and despite coming from eastern Europe doesn't like playing when its cold..

I still cant see us selling him for 15million though I mean Liverpool want that for Sturridge in the last year of his contract.

I genuinely cannot understand how you think this is correct. Release clause means we have to accept a bid that meets it. We cannot turn that bid down. If he wants to go and club meets clause, he’s off. If another club wanted to pay say £25m, we would accept that bid too (as it is in excess of the release clause) and then Tadic then chooses which club to go to. I cannot think of a good reason why any club would offer more than the release clause though? If you have extra cash, give more to Tadic in wages and signing bonus to convince him to join you over rivals.
Sir, I bow to your greater knowledge of how release clauses work. I talk nonsense most of the time so no surprises that I haven't a clue about this kinda stuff :)

Sir, I bow to your greater knowledge of how release clauses work. I talk nonsense most of the time so no surprises that I haven't a clue about this kinda stuff :)

You’re been spending too much time on the skate thread... back away before you believe other portsmyths.

He's been decidedly average for about 2 years now, he woke up for a few games near the end of the season but whether that is a return to form or just a blip is the crux.

If we replace him with someone better and younger I don't see much issue, hopefully someone that can score goals as well as he has been over the last two years one of the most guilty of missing clear cut chances as well.

Seems a lot for Ajax though and I doubt he has a release clause of that value.

He's been decidedly average for about 2 years now, he woke up for a few games near the end of the season but whether that is a return to form or just a blip is the crux.

If we replace him with someone better and younger I don't see much issue, hopefully someone that can score goals as well as he has been over the last two years one of the most guilty of missing clear cut chances as well.

Seems a lot for Ajax though and I doubt he has a release clause of that value.

I think the concern we all have is that we already have glaring holes in this area of the pitch (and others). If we start by selling ANOTHER attacking player in a position we already need work on, then we've taken another step back before there are any concrete links for players in.

Waiting for the Bertrand rumours to start soon...