Dusan Tadic to Ajax - Undisclosed (£10M)

Feyenoord1908

A massive loss whonfor my money we will struggle to replace, yes he was inconsistent and a step down from the very best we've had in recent years but he has been an essential part of the team. I will reserve judgement until the window closes but there are not many players out there who will deliver for us like he has.

A massive loss whonfor my money we will struggle to replace, yes he was inconsistent and a step down from the very best we've had in recent years but he has been an essential part of the team. I will reserve judgement until the window closes but there are not many players out there who will deliver for us like he has.

His replacement has already been signed.

Did you read the article? :mcinnes:

Hughes is just saying he isn't exactly the same type of player, but shares similar qualities. That doesn't mean Elyounoussi and/or Armstrong aren't going to replace Tadic in the starting XI.

1 (Tadic) out, 2 (Armstrong & Elyounoussi) in. I doubt we'll be signing another attacking midfielder (possibly only if Boufal leaves).

Willian or Tadic, yeah Exactly the same player. Mess

Eko - where did I say they are exactly the same? Mess

They are completely different players Eko

Last few years one (Tadic) has 56 goals and 76 assists - worth £10m

The other (Willian) has 52 goals and 57 assists - worth £50m+

Both 29 :) :)

Love n Light x

Eko - where did I say they are exactly the same? Mess

They are completely different players Eko

Last few years one (Tadic) has 56 goals and 76 assists - worth £10m

The other (Willian) has 52 goals and 57 assists - worth £50m+

Both 29 :) :)

Love n Light x

So why you using Willian as a direct comparison to Tadic then? Come on Glasgow, keep it real.

Edited by Cabbage_Face

Here's his full message on the OS:

“I would like to thank everyone at Southampton for giving me so many amazing years with the club,” Tadić said.

“I have enjoyed every minute of my time with you, and I will take so many memories with me.

“To the fans, I say a huge thank you for all the support you have given me, and I will miss you all, but I feel I have reached a point in my career where it is the right time for me to move back to Holland.

“I will always follow Southampton and I wish everyone at the club a huge amount of success in the future. The Saints fans will always be in my heart.”

So it is actually possible for a player to leave saints on good terms with the best wishes of the fans.

Probably just a coincidence that he's the first to leave since Leslie has been less involved.

I'm not suggesting our fans are easily led....

giphy.gif

So it is actually possible for a player to leave saints on good terms with the best wishes of the fans.

As long as they move abroad, sure. For me, the worst part of seeing our best players leave isn't that they will no longer play for us but that they will be used against us.

Always has been if you avoid acting like an idiot and either refusing to play for the club or playing like a conference reject then I think the fans have been pretty generous with players. It's just the best brat brigade who threatened strikes or who's heads were in other cities while they were captaining our team that annoy people!

Nice message, good luck to him, seems like this has been on the cards for a while and the club have accommodated him.

--------------------

Got to laugh at the Willian comparisons, Willian is world class and like two levels above Tadic.

Always has been if you avoid acting like an idiot and either refusing to play for the club or playing like a conference reject then I think the fans have been pretty generous with players. It's just the best brat brigade who threatened strikes or who's heads were in other cities while they were captaining our team that annoy people!

This. Players will come and go, most will actually go amicably with little or no malice. Yes they might get some stick if they return but generally speaking it will be the normal banter any returning player gets. Crouchie did us at Stoke this year, has to walk past the away fans to the tunnel at full time - we gave him some stick but he just smiled meekly, shrugged his shoulders almost apologetically - nothing nasty.

But then you have the few, who through their own actions at the club who bring the wrath of the crowd upon them when they return - we all know who they are and unfortunately in recent years we've had a few of them.

But in general, players move on, as do the fans.

.... Really - how do the fans do that , please advise ,I've often felt I need help loosening the shackles of this club

Uummmm quite simply really. We get on and support the 11 guys that make up the team on the pitch. It's what the fans that have come to the stadium do. When I go to the first game of the season against Burnley I won't be wondering what Dusan is doing, or what what Virgil is up to, wondering how Vic is getting on at Spurs. No, I'll be going mental for the team that we have out here and now.

It aint rocket science, it's how it's been for years.

Wonder if this jeopardises his friendship with Pelle , remember the "you have an Ajax face " comment ?

I imagine Pellè will be taking the p*ss a bit privately but I doubt it will be anything beyond that. Pellè was only there a couple of years, I’m sure he’s still a fan but I doubt he’s quite that partisan.

I imagine Pellè will be taking the p*ss a bit privately but I doubt it will be anything beyond that. Pellè was only there a couple of years, I’m sure he’s still a fan but I doubt he’s quite that partisan.

Thinking about it again, I expect Pelle is too busy counting his earning in China to give a sh!t

Uummmm quite simply really. We get on and support the 11 guys that make up the team on the pitch. It's what the fans that have come to the stadium do. When I go to the first game of the season against Burnley I won't be wondering what Dusan is doing, or what what Virgil is up to, wondering how Vic is getting on at Spurs. No, I'll be going mental for the team that we have out here and now.

It aint rocket science, it's how it's been for years.

Ah Gotcha !

• 2 weeks later...
At the time, I thought the rumoured £18m was low.

£10m doesn't make any sense, unless we had some kind of handshake agreement re: Champs league club.

Rumor has it in the Dutch media is that Saints and Ajax agreed on a lower fee to avoid Saints having to pay FC Twente a sell on fee for Tadic.

Rumor has it in the Dutch media is that Saints and Ajax agreed on a lower fee to avoid Saints having to pay FC Twente a sell on fee for Tadic.

But surely if we sell him for £18m, we get more than if we sell him for £10m - regardless of sell on clause. It was a dreadful deal for Saints financially.

But surely if we sell him for £18m, we get more than if we sell him for £10m - regardless of sell on clause. It was a dreadful deal for Saints financially.

It was just such a low fee. I don't even recall there being any Telegraph spin on it either?

(Unless they just lied & said we were getting more).

it was like when we sold Mane for a very similar fee as sissoko

We did well with the VVD sale but some of our sales have been poor and when we are dealing with the clubs outside the top 6 clubs we do seem to struggle.

Tadic, Cork, Fonte, Jay Rod all under sold IMHO.

Obviously the 30m guaranteed on Mane was a joke too

We did well with the VVD sale but some of our sales have been poor and when we are dealing with the clubs outside the top 6 clubs we do seem to struggle.

Tadic, Cork, Fonte, Jay Rod all under sold IMHO.

Obviously the 30m guaranteed on Mane was a joke too

£8m for a rapidly ageing Fonte was fair enough IMO as was the £15m for no where near as good as he was Rodriguez.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...