Dusan Tadic to Ajax - Undisclosed (£10M)

Feyenoord1908

From the Beeb:

Ajax are eight minutes away from winning Group E after Dusan Tadic scored a penalty to put them 2-1 up against Bayern Munich - his second goal of the game. Who at Southampton sanctioned that sale, in retrospect?!

220px-Dr._Bunsen_Honeydew.jpg

The biggest surprise is that he's scoring penalties.

From the Beeb:

Ajax are eight minutes away from winning Group E after Dusan Tadic scored a penalty to put them 2-1 up against Bayern Munich - his second goal of the game. Who at Southampton sanctioned that sale, in retrospect?!

So you think that we should have chained him up in the basement and wheeled him out for games? Or do you think that having been here for 4 years, he decided he wanted to go back to his adopted home, that we agreed rather than treat him like some sort of slave?

So you think that we should have chained him up in the basement and wheeled him out for games? Or do you think that having been here for 4 years, he decided he wanted to go back to his adopted home, that we agreed rather than treat him like some sort of slave?

He signed a contract and had 2 years left on that contract.

Slave :lol: :lol:

From the Beeb:

220px-Dr._Bunsen_Honeydew.jpg

Les Reed left this club far far far too late. Hamstrung our potential and stopped us achieving our own Leicester City fairytail. All the fans that defend him are the ones that let the rot set in.

Les Reed left this club far far far too late. Hamstrung our potential and stopped us achieving our own Leicester City fairytail. All the fans that defend him are the ones that let the rot set in.

I genuinely have no idea if this bit is supposed to be ironic or not.

As for Tadic - Fair play. He needed to move on from this shower of sh*te for his own benefit and it looks like a breath of fresh air for him. Would love it if he went on to knock the Scousers out of the CL.

I genuinely have no idea if this bit is supposed to be ironic or not.

As for Tadic - Fair play. He needed to move on from this shower of sh*te for his own benefit and it looks like a breath of fresh air for him. Would love it if he went on to knock the Scousers out of the CL.

Scouser will spend big money to purchase Tadic from Ajax in the summer.

It wasnt the fact he left as we wouldnt begrudge him that, it was the pi** poor amount we got for him

Not really, he is 30 and was under performing for a while before he left. He wanted to leave and nobody was going to come in with a big money offer.

Supposing we had got another £5m for him, would you have trusted Les and Mark to spend it wisely?

£50K per week for kicking a ball about. Slavery has come a long way these last 200 years.

Not really, he is 30 and was under performing for a while before he left. He wanted to leave and nobody was going to come in with a big money offer.

Supposing we had got another £5m for him, would you have trusted Les and Mark to spend it wisely?

In fairness it's hard not to under perform when you've got the likes of Long and the Donkey in front of you. When a team is chronically lacking in goals they should've tried to strengthen in that area, rather than sell one of our better attacking players. I wasn't aware that he was doing a VVD strop.

In fairness it's hard not to under perform when you've got the likes of Long and the Donkey in front of you. When a team is chronically lacking in goals they should've tried to strengthen in that area, rather than sell one of our better attacking players. I wasn't aware that he was doing a VVD strop.

He wasn't stropping because the club agreed to let him go. He might of stropped if we had said no to him.

I think the club made it pretty clear after the VVD saga that they weren't going to stand in a players way again rightly, or wrongly, they've concluded that "want away players" hanging around the first team causes more problems then it solves.

He wasn't stropping because the club agreed to let him go. He might of stropped if we had said no to him.

I think the club made it pretty clear after the VVD saga that they weren't going to stand in a players way again rightly, or wrongly, they've concluded that "want away players" hanging around the first team causes more problems then it solves.

The club's intention was always to cash in on van Dijk, the same as all of our saleable commodities, and he knew it. The only reason the sale was delayed was because Gao wouldn't pay Kat the money for the club if she sold any more players before he took over. Meanwhile the fans were fed the usual Les Reed PR spin on it all, about how we were standing up to Liverpool and didn't want to sell him and many seemed to fall for it.

We were desperate to sell too. He was the first player, playing in the world cup to be sold during the summer.

Literally desperate to cash in and secure 60% of the Elyounoussi fee :mcinnes:

It wasnt the fact he left as we wouldnt begrudge him that, it was the pi** poor amount we got for him

yeah it was a pi** poor amount, but didn't he break the Dutch transfer record anyway? dutch clubs are known for paying notoriously low amounts- i think him or daley blind might be most expensive dutch transfers ever!

Bar the final few games of the season, Tadic had been off the boil for 18 months or so. He had stagnated with us and the time was right for him to move on. I'm happy to see him doing well at Ajax, and if I'm honest, I don't think we would have seen that level of performance here. It also ties into a wider problem of players regressing/stagnating at Saints over the past year and a half. Who has played consistently well for us under Pellegrino & Hughes? McCarthy, that's it? Hoj and Lemina have been okay in fits. Compare that to the tenures of Poch, Koeman and even Puel, where a number of players seemed to thrive under their tutelage. I have no idea how coaching works within a football club, but something seems to be wrong no?

Bar the final few games of the season, Tadic had been off the boil for 18 months or so. He had stagnated with us and the time was right for him to move on. I'm happy to see him doing well at Ajax, and if I'm honest, I don't think we would have seen that level of performance here. It also ties into a wider problem of players regressing/stagnating at Saints over the past year and a half. Who has played consistently well for us under Pellegrino & Hughes? McCarthy, that's it? Hoj and Lemina have been okay in fits. Compare that to the tenures of Poch, Koeman and even Puel, where a number of players seemed to thrive under their tutelage. I have no idea how coaching works within a football club, but something seems to be wrong no?

The problem is the few good players left have to work with the dross around them. They still try but football is a team game. Unfortunately our fans tend to turn against the wrong players, the best ones, and accuse them of sulking and not trying. This negativity got further fuelled by PR 'leaks' from the club about the players they wanted to sell. It happened to Mane, Wanyama, van Dijk, Fonte and Tadic and now it's happening to Bertrand.

This still going

Tadic has a right to leave a job and move somewhere else.

This is football not the slave trade.

Seriously as a professional your employer cannot make you stay anywhere if your performance dips, it's a tightrope.

Tadic is a great player, no pace, but with a team around him can be a conductor in the baggio mold.

Tadic was ****ing dreadful from the moment Koeman left, until the Bournemouth game last season. He was a huge part of the problem we had last season, no pace, taking too long to release the final pass and constantly rolling around on the floor instead of tracking back and helping the team. I've also no doubt he was a big part of the reason Pelle would go on his winter droughts every season, because Tadic would have one too and he was Pelle's main supply. Let's not re-write history, we would not be much better with the Tadic we had last season. I'm pleased he's doing well for Ajax, and I hope it continues, he was great under Koeman, but he was as poor as anyone after.

He was always our most creative player - but inconsistent. The frustration is more that we have replaced inconsistent creativity with none - and lost £5m into the bargain. Here’s hoping that Ralph can get something out of Moi - I think there is something there but his confidence must be rick bottom.

He was always our most creative player - but inconsistent. The frustration is more that we have replaced inconsistent creativity with none - and lost £5m into the bargain. Here’s hoping that Ralph can get something out of Moi - I think there is something there but his confidence must be rick bottom.

Exactly, the frustration is why couldn't we have set up to get the best out of him. Could've been a legend if the team had been built round him.

Exactly, the frustration is why couldn't we have set up to get the best out of him. Could've been a legend if the team had been built round him.

I thought we was set up to get the best out of him, till Henry joined us.

Edited by Mosin

I thought we was set up to get the best out of him, till Henry joined us.

You mean that’s why Koeman dropped Tadic and Tadic was pondering a move away before Redmond’s arrival?

It’s not enough for you to be thought an idiot. You won’t rest until you’ve proved it.

Btw it’s “we WERE set up”.

This still going

Tadic has a right to leave a job and move somewhere else.

This is football not the slave trade.

Seriously as a professional your employer cannot make you stay anywhere if your performance dips, it's a tightrope.

Tadic is a great player, no pace, but with a team around him can be a conductor in the baggio mold.

Slaves don't sign contracts that make them unsackable, and get paid £50K (or whatever) per week. I'm sure Forster doesn't feel like a slave.

Anyway, it was a good move for him, good luck to him. Just like Les getting fired was a good move for us.

Tadic was ****ing dreadful from the moment Koeman left, ...... he was great under Koeman, but he was as poor as anyone after.

What was his excuse between December and February every year under Koeman?

You appear to have detracted from your own argument here.

Tadic was great when he first arrrived under Koeman, and during RK's first season. His form dropped in the second season for much of it as I recall, and towards the end of the second season there were rumours that he had fallen out with RK and might have sought a move away.

Agree with you that Tadic was part of our problem last season, but credit where it is due he did step up and take responsibility during our run in, and looked to have responded well to Hughes. Whatever else is said about either of them this is something to be thankful to them for.

“At Ajax, I feel completely at home. The way of playing, training. Everything is based around the football. At Southampton, for example, I knew it was hard for certain players to really play football. It just wasn’t a part of their game.”

To be fair Ajax probably have one of the most exciting young teams in Europe and very promising young coach, plus they are Ajax, inventors of total football and one of the most prolific conveyor belts of talent in world football. IIRC our academy coaches and staff have been then to learn from them.

People will always play better with better players around them and that league is pretty easy for Ajax bar like 3-4 other teams, the rest are would probably struggle in league one to be honest.

He also produced two seasons of diddly squad all and was one of our least effective attackers considering the games he played.

Tadic is class, great vision and perfect passing. People who slagged him off are just doubling down on their blinkered limited football knowledge to make out he was useless for us. Used to it now we must have the most uneducated fans in football. Not his fault the last two seasons he was providing service to an absolute bunch of (proven) donkeys up front.

Tadic is class, great vision and perfect passing. People who slagged him off are just doubling down on their blinkered limited football knowledge to make out he was useless for us. Used to it now we must have the most uneducated fans in football. Not his fault the last two seasons he was providing service to an absolute bunch of (proven) donkeys up front.

Word.

Yeah we were all blinkered to him being the player of the last two seasons. Always putting a performance in, never let anyone down. Need to get me an education

Ajax have long been about football rather than just business, the fact that Tadic appears to be thriving there is no surprise really. Yes they inevitably lose their talent at some point but just turn around and develop more. It's something SFC have done in the past to some extent :

Bale, Walcott, Ox, Shaw,Lallana, Schneid, Fonte, Lovren, Clyne, Mane,VVD - we have had some serious talent at this club, what a team this would be :

479BDD2400000578-5217709-image-a-29_1514464021571.jpg