Dusan Tadic to Ajax - Undisclosed (£10M)

Feyenoord1908

Or we could not blame anybody, and accept the fact that is perfectly normal for players to move on during their careers. Thanks very much Dusan and good luck for the future.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I agree it's perfectly normal for players to sign 4 years contracts (7 years vvd) and want out half way through (1 year in vvd)

We should not stop in there way. Contracts, loyalty ect ect it's overrated

#freetadic

giphy.gif

Wish Dusan all the best. A frustrating player at times, but capable of top class performances when he is on song.

I am not surprised to see him go though, it seemed almost inevitable halfway through the season when he was getting stick from some fans. But he stepped up when we needed him to and we should always be grateful for that.

I agree it's perfectly normal for players to sign 4 years contracts (7 years vvd) and want out half way through (1 year in vvd)

#freetadic

giphy.gif

It feels like someone has created a climate where every player is just looking for his next move, whether they have just signed a contract or not. The only ones who stay are the ones no one else wants.

It super, lovely and great that we may now even be selling arguably our most skilful players to European clubs on tiny turnover compared to ours.

It was policy to sell us as a stepping stone and it seems that Les And Ralph can be very proud that they have 100% achieved that aim!

Or we could not blame anybody, and accept the fact that is perfectly normal for players to move on during their careers. Thanks very much Dusan and good luck for the future.

Bloody good job too, otherwise we would only sign free transfers.

Micky, i agree but on here everything has to have blame attributed to someone, nothing is a standard turn of events unless the blamer wants it to happen...
I know mate, but when you've lived through the likes of Channon going to Portsmouth, seen all the great players that we've had past and present come and go, it's not a case of individual players. We support a club. There's been some great, good, average and dross, but I've supported them, and can't see that changing any time soon.

I know mate, but when you've lived through the likes of Channon going to Portsmouth, seen all the great players that we've had past and present come and go, it's not a case of individual players. We support a club. There's been some great, good, average and dross, but I've supported them, and can't see that changing any time soon.

Amen to that.

Me too mate

#freetadic

giphy.gif

If you're going to be a ****e stirrer, get your spelling right. It's et cetera, hence etc - not the ect ect drivel you've written. #spellcheck

Has he gone yet?

No?

Can’t be right. The experts on here are always telling us how quickly other teams transfers are, whereas ours drag in for months.

there isn’t always a World Cup going on with said player involved in it though is there ?

If he does go I'd be quite happy to just see a new attack it's been so bad for 2 years. Yeah he has a few good games but he's been largely poor for quite a while. 36 games last season and nowhere near enough were decent.

Happy to sell him, Boufal, Redmond, Austin and Long to be honest.

The thing with Tadic is: How do make assists when your team can't score?

If he does go I'd be quite happy to just see a new attack it's been so bad for 2 years. Yeah he has a few good games but he's been largely poor for quite a while. 36 games last season and nowhere near enough were decent.

Everyone has been poor for 2 years and Tadic has been better than most shall we sell everyone !,

You probably need to make you mind up mate...

People just never learn, it's all about shiny new toys every single window.

It's always so simple. Defensive problems, sign a new defender. Not scoring enough, sign a new striker. It's never about better management, coaching, tactics, helping players find form, improving fitness etc.

giphy.gif

Has he gone yet?

No?

Can’t be right. The experts on here are always telling us how quickly other teams transfers are, whereas ours drag in for months.

Hey Boss! This doesn't really hold water when other players have been transferred whilst at the World Cup. For example... Rui Patricio to Wolves on 18th June

Hey Boss! This doesn't really hold water when other players have been transferred whilst at the World Cup. For example... Rui Patricio to Wolves on 18th June

Good work assistant (to the manager). This is very true.

Rui Patricio was however a free transfer after his contract termination.

giphy.gif

Good work assistant (to the manager). This is very true.

Would you like a back massage?

tumblr_o4rberr0dm1vos1ddo1_400.gif

Rui Patricio was however a free transfer after his contract termination.

That isn't really relevant, as him moving to Wolves (regardless of being contracted to Sporting Lisbon or not) shows players can sign for a new club whilst at the World Cup.

Would you like a back massage?

tumblr_o4rberr0dm1vos1ddo1_400.gif

That isn't really relevant, as him moving to Wolves (regardless of being contracted to Sporting Lisbon or not) shows players can sign for a new club whilst at the World Cup.

Did I say it's impossible?

32 teams, 23 players in each squad. That's 736 players and one transfer (0.13%)

I'm sure Big les will be looking to get the deal over the line asap. Just relax..... he's doing his best

giphy.gif

It is no secret that we are interested (in signing Tadic). But I also learned that we must have signatures first before it is final. He clearly showed (against Switzerland) why he is a more than a suitable player for us. He can take Ajax by the hand.

Ajax reports via the official channels when everything is complete. But as long as the signature is not set, it will not happen.

Also from the article: De Telegraaf / Telesport editors reported earlier this week that Tadic has already reached a personal agreement with Ajax.

Source: https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/2210439/ten-hag-tadic-kan-ajax-bij-de-hand-nemen

We should not stop in their way. Contracts, loyalty ect ect it's overrated

#freetadic

giphy.gif

Maybe spelling is also overrated ?? it's difficult to take you seriously if you don't spell basic words correctly.

Also from the article: De Telegraaf / Telesport editors reported earlier this week that Tadic has already reached a personal agreement with Ajax.

Source: https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/2210439/ten-hag-tadic-kan-ajax-bij-de-hand-nemen

So in other words they want him, he wants to go and his agent has agreed terms but they haven't actually got saints to agree to anything yet. My guess is he will go but Ajax will probably have shell out more than they first thought.

So in other words they want him, he wants to go and his agent has agreed terms but they haven't actually got saints to agree to anything yet. My guess is he will go but Ajax will probably have shell out more than they first thought.

Tadic has always been somebody who I've occasionally thought about whether we should sell or not.... But, with our downward spiral over the last couple of years, I'm not sure I'd be brave enough. Especially after his renaissance under Hughes at the end of last season.

Honestly we'd be mad to sell Tadic. He infuriates the **** out of me but is the most creative player we have. When he turned up for the last few games he was one of the reasons we stayed up.

Will we see the same Tadic, as the one from the end of last season. though if he has his heart set on a move to Ajax and we say no?

I'm of the opinion the squad needs a damn good shake up I'd like us to sell a few of the underperformers off and bring in some new players with energy and enthusiasm Its feels like the current lot have become a bit to comfortable and performances have suffered as a result I think after 4 years Tadic is probably one of those who has just lost interest a bit hence the reason he is happy to take a pay cut and pushing to go to Ajax. As always for me it comes down to the replacements....sadly our recent track record isn't great.

Will we see the same Tadic, as the one from the end of last season. though if he has his heart set on a move to Ajax and we say no?

I'm of the opinion the squad needs a damn good shake up I'd like us to sell a few of the underperformers off and bring in some new players with energy and enthusiasm Its feels like the current lot have become a bit to comfortable and performances have suffered as a result I think after 4 years Tadic is probably one of those who has just lost interest a bit hence the reason he is happy to take a pay cut and pushing to go to Ajax. As always for me it comes down to the replacements....sadly our recent track record isn't great.

If he has his heart set on Ajax and they pay his laughably low release clause then he'll be playing for Ajax... So no, saints won't see the same Tadic obviously. Not really getting your point.

Fans want to hate him, but as has been said, he was one of the main reasons we stayed up in the end.

He played for two years with managers that parked the bus, played low tempo contain football, and with no bodies committed to the box. It is not his fault he struggled in that system. He is at his best when he can take a man on and turn him inside and out to get the cross in. We've had no movement, no pace, and no options for two years. Most players would struggle to create with zero options. He showed exactly what he can do at the end of the season under a decent manager in an attacking team. Madness to sell, but then if he's had enough, who can blame him? At least he isn't moving for money like most of the mercenaries we've had. I hope Saints fans don't go giving him abuse when/if he leaves.

I don't disagree we need a shake up. For years we've sold quality and signed filling. But selling one of the last bits of quality is a bad thing!

Agree with this, but I'd keep Austin because I think he's the type of striker you don't let go because he's always got a goal in him and I think he's a good lad in the dressing room. We just shouldn't rely on him to be our main striker.

If he has his heart set on Ajax and they pay his laughably low release clause then he'll be playing for Ajax... So no, saints won't see the same Tadic obviously. Not really getting your point.

Fans want to hate him, but as has been said, he was one of the main reasons we stayed up in the end.

He played for two years with managers that parked the bus, played low tempo contain football, and with no bodies committed to the box. It is not his fault he struggled in that system. He is at his best when he can take a man on and turn him inside and out to get the cross in. We've had no movement, no pace, and no options for two years. Most players would struggle to create with zero options. He showed exactly what he can do at the end of the season under a decent manager in an attacking team. Madness to sell, but then if he's had enough, who can blame him? At least he isn't moving for money like most of the mercenaries we've had. I hope Saints fans don't go giving him abuse when/if he leaves.

I don't disagree we need a shake up. For years we've sold quality and signed filling. But selling one of the last bits of quality is a bad thing!

I don't hate him (in fact I don't see much evidence of hate of this thread) he is one of my favorite players I'd be sad to see him go but If his hearts not in it, and we force him to stay, we will, mostly likely, get the bad frustrating Dusan rather than last six games Dusan we saw at the tail end of the season.

Also its seems he doesn't have a release clause.

Also any updates on the protests you are planning next season to show the club you won't stand for this sort of thing? I did ask on the other thread when you where berating saints fans for not standing up to the club but I didn't get an answer.

Agree with this, but I'd keep Austin because I think he's the type of striker you don't let go because he's always got a goal in him and I think he's a good lad in the dressing room. We just shouldn't rely on him to be our main striker.

I can't help feeling if Austin had stayed fit the last two seasons we would have had much better seasons. The thing about Austin is you look at him and he looks a bit out of shape, slow and struggles with large parts of the basics but you can't argue with his goal record in his career he scores goals. Just wish he could stay fit for a whole season.

Edited by doddisalegend

If he has his heart set on Ajax and they pay his laughably low release clause then he'll be playing for Ajax.

I'm not aware of release clauses being a part of EPL contracts. They do have them in Portugal and Spain(and maybe a few other places), I believe, due to local laws but tend to be set laughably high.

The last time there was a story about a Saints player having a release clause was VVD, and I believe the figure quoted was 30m. That didn’t really turn out to be particularly true. Suspect it is the same with Dusan. All we’ve had are a load of stories from the Ajax end, who seem to be bragging to everyone about how he is all but signed. I’m guessing they’ve by now got round to asking Saints whether they can have him, but if our track record of dealing with similar situations is anything to go by, they’re not going to be met with open arms. I would say there’s a long way to go in this saga. If Ajax are willing to stump up then they’ll probably get their man, but seeing as their record transfer fee paid is 16m euros and that was back in 2008, they’re going to have to break the bank to do so.

Can you point us to the facts regarding this please?

You looking for a copy of Tadics contract mate? I suspect saint86 is just quoting the journalists (multiple) that have been referring to the release clause?

giphy.gif

Nope just asking for proof of this "laughably low clause" but yet to have a sensible response

Whilst i have your attention can you also provide proof of Celtic investing all of their transfer income into the team... as a reminder their transfer record is 9m... ???

If there was a release clause of £15 million I'm pretty sure the clubs pet jurno would have mentioned it rather than write this

Around £15 million had initially been suggested for a player who cost Southampton £10.9m in 2014 but, with the player finishing last season as their leading scorer and the general inflation in transfer fees, they will be looking for closer to £18m.

Tadic will turn 30 later this year but still has two years left on his contract, leaving Southampton in a relatively strong negotiating position.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/21/dusan-tadic-leave-southampton-join-ajax-clubs-begin-negotiating/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Nope just asking for proof of this "laughably low clause" but yet to have a sensible response

Whilst i have your attention can you also provide proof of Celtic investing all of their transfer income into the team... as a reminder their transfer record is 9m... ???

Not overly relevant to Tadic but since you've asked and PM'd me on this twice!?!? (lolz)

Celtic transfer spend last 3 seasons

17/18 SPEND £11m IN £1M

16/17 SPEND £9M IN £3M

15/16 SPEND £14M IN £17M

So that's £34 spent and £21m received.

HTH

giphy.gif

The last time there was a story about a Saints player having a release clause was VVD, and I believe the figure quoted was 30m. That didn’t really turn out to be particularly true. Suspect it is the same with Dusan. All we’ve had are a load of stories from the Ajax end, who seem to be bragging to everyone about how he is all but signed. I’m guessing they’ve by now got round to asking Saints whether they can have him, but if our track record of dealing with similar situations is anything to go by, they’re not going to be met with open arms. I would say there’s a long way to go in this saga. If Ajax are willing to stump up then they’ll probably get their man, but seeing as their record transfer fee paid is 16m euros and that was back in 2008, they’re going to have to break the bank to do so.

Ajax is the richest club in the Netherlands with more than 100 million euro’s to spend but they won’t be paying much more than the 17,1 million which is suggested (Tadic will be the most expensive player in the Eredivisie ever) as there is tight financial control from the board which will have reluctantly agreed with that figure.

Last year Ajax really wanted Richarlison but the board didn’t want to pay more than 14 million euro’s so they lost him to Watford. It will be the same with Tadic so it’s very likely that there is a release clause for 17,1 million. Otherwise they would be really stupid to leak this to Dutch journalists as there would be an outrage amongst their fans who already are p*ssed off with the transfer policies of the last 5 years.