Dusan Tadic to Ajax - Undisclosed (£10M)

Feyenoord1908

He's getting on a bit, he'll be 30 in November, and he's not been performing at the level he did a couple of seasons ago. I think 15m is a good deal to be honest.

Is he getting on a bit? He's never relied on pace. I think he's easily got another 2-3 years in him at the highest level.

Edited by shurlock

Would cost double that to replace what he brings and assuming Boufal goes to when we need a couple of wide players before even considering strikers, CB or RB.

We have 7 or 8 attacking players but he is easily the best and our most reliable creator. Also one of the main experienced pros in the squad, and is a leader of which we have few.

Can imagine the rest of the squad being gutted about this as well.

This window, even in the early stages, has a January 2018 feeling about it.

Would cost double that to replace what he brings and assuming Boufal goes to when we need a couple of wide players before even considering strikers, CB or RB.

We have 7 or 8 attacking players but he is easily the best and our most reliable creator. Also one of the main experienced pros in the squad, and is a leader of which we have few.

Can imagine the rest of the squad being gutted about this as well.

This window, even in the early stages, has a January 2018 feeling about it.

We needed wide/AM players, even before factoring in replacements Charlie. That's why we heavily linked with Walcott and Promes in the January window.

I didn't think we did release clauses....?

Wilson will chuck out some article saying we got a "substantial fee" we will all lap it up!! When the Financials are released and we realise the "substantial fee" meant £15m we will talk about staggered payments and not living in the past.

Actually, WTF is the club doing?

We don't know yet. As in the January window, we'll have to wait until the end of the transfer window to find out. We do tend to sell early in transfer windows and buy late though, which I guess is an accounting move to save on wages and maybe it's the only way the recruitment department can get the cash they need to buy players.

Is he getting on a bit? He's never relied on pace. I think he's easily got another 2-3 years in him at the highest level.

Perhaps he just wants a different job in a country he likes without the pressure of the PL

Lazy Les and the Wee man must be clapped-out after the stress of last season, even after their recent holiday.

Arguably we require a new CB, back-up GK and RB, winger, AM and CF, as it stands.

Anyone actually think those two possess the decisiveness and energy levels to complete 4-5 signings, in a shortened transfer window, after flogging Tadic?

If we get reasonable offers for Boufal, Bertrand or Cedric, then they too will need replacing.

All indications are this will be a rather miserable transfer window, especially when so many teams around us appear to have caught us up in terms of approach to recruitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the first real link to any activity? Really?

I guess we tried with Maddison, but this Tadic stuff looks to be more than speculation to me.

I guess I'm just ****ed off with it all, it was clear to everyone that we got away with it last season - and the season before to a certain extent. Last season should be a wakeup call to the club, I'd have loved to have seen us start on the front foot and be aggressive in our pursuit of players in the obvious glaring holes in our squad. But that doesn't seem to be the case, as we're already almost in July.

If we sell Tadic before bringing in anyone else, then we're just starting on the back foot again. By all means, go out there and improve the squad and THEN look to move Tadic on.... but the way round we do things is wrong and it puts us on the back foot every time.

The January transfer window was a disgrace for a club which prides its self on scouting, recruitment and player analysis. They couldn't find anyone else apart from Carrillo at £20m. To be honest, to me, they can't play the 'we like to be sensible with the cash' card anymore after that January window. They just spunked £20m on a player we had no competition for because he was mates with the manager we sacked a few weeks later.

We have an owner who is AWOL and we hear nothing from, we have no idea on our intentions, what our expectations are or should be, what our long-term plan is. We just seem to be drifting with no clear goals or plan in sight, and you have to start asking wtf are we getting back for our £600-700 quid tickets?

I guess we tried with Maddison, but this Tadic stuff looks to be more than speculation to me.

I guess I'm just ****ed off with it all, it was clear to everyone that we got away with it last season - and the season before to a certain extent. Last season should be a wakeup call to the club, I'd have loved to have seen us start on the front foot and be aggressive in our pursuit of players in the obvious glaring holes in our squad. But that doesn't seem to be the case, as we're already almost in July.

If we sell Tadic before bringing in anyone else, then we're just starting on the back foot again. By all means, go out there and improve the squad and THEN look to move Tadic on.... but the way round we do things is wrong and it puts us on the back foot every time.

The January transfer window was a disgrace for a club which prides its self on scouting, recruitment and player analysis. They couldn't find anyone else apart from Carrillo at £20m. To be honest, to me, they can't play the 'we like to be sensible with the cash' card anymore after that January window. They just spunked £20m on a player we had no competition for because he was mates with the manager we sacked a few weeks later.

We have an owner who is AWOL and we hear nothing from, we have no idea on our intentions, what our expectations are or should be, what our long-term plan is. We just seem to be drifting with no clear goals or plan in sight, and you have to start asking wtf are we getting back for our £600-700 quid tickets?

We need to sell to buy IMO, hence why we've not signed anyone yet.

Anyway, if Tadic is worth significantly more than his release clause then there will be other bids for him which will drive up the price. Release clauses establish minimum price tags not maxium, don't they?

No. Clubs will just put more money into his wages to compete against each other. We will see nothing above the release clause.

Fans that are slating him for being average forget that he's had two years of managers that just defend. Hard to be creative for Tadic when he has had nothing to work with and no one in the box to cross to.

Don't blame him for leaving, respect him for doing it for non monetary reasons actually. Says an awful lot more about our mentally disabled board more than anything else in the past few seasons. They really are utterly clueless.

I renewed as it is likely going to be the last year I do (although I say that most years). But you are spot on about certain aspects.

The owner....many will ask whether you want your hand held by him, but I started a thread about this a while back. All I want is to know that the owner actually gives a damn before paying over £1400 for two STs. (Bit late for that now!). Our last owner seemed to have been as benign as could be expected given that she had zero interest in the club. This new owner, **** knows. AFAIK he didn't even congratulate the players in getting themselves out of the **** they found themselves in with a few games to go. And it isn't exactly like Far Eastern owners have, in general, the greatest of reputations as owners. I think that we are entitled to ask wtf are we getting back for our £600-700 tickets. Are we content with 17th and the TV money, or are we looking to try and qualify for Europe?

I renewed as it is likely going to be the last year I do (although I say that most years). But you are spot on about certain aspects.

The owner....many will ask whether you want your hand held by him, but I started a thread about this a while back. All I want is to know that the owner actually gives a damn before paying over £1400 for two STs. (Bit late for that now!). Our last owner seemed to have been as benign as could be expected given that she had zero interest in the club. This new owner, **** knows. AFAIK he didn't even congratulate the players in getting themselves out of the **** they found themselves in with a few games to go. And it isn't exactly like Far Eastern owners have, in general, the greatest of reputations as owners. I think that we are entitled to ask wtf are we getting back for our £600-700 tickets. Are we content with 17th and the TV money, or are we looking to try and qualify for Europe?

I'm glad I'm not alone! I just feel so dispondant about it all right now.

FWIW, this isn't the first time his release clause has been mentioned in the media. This article from March 2017 for example: https://www.football-italia.net/100181/juve-and-napoli-go-tadic

Mixed responses in Saintswebland back then: https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?57745-Tadic-off

Guess that Juve and Napoli weren't that interested then if all they had to do was stump up 15 million and he was theirs.

Some of the clowns on here seem to have incredibly short memories. If he wants to go , he needs letting go. Look what happened last time we insisted a bloke stayed. Tadic doesn’t strike me as the knuckling down type if denied a move, so if he’s determined to go it makes sense to sell.

Had this come up in March I think most would say get rid, but fair play to the guy, he showed some great commitment and ability the last 7 or so games. He can be hit and miss but he’s got a wonderful touch, up there with Bally & Matt as the best I’ve seen in a Saints shirt. But at the end of the day he’s nearing 30, we’ve had 4 years out of him and he’s not going to get much of a break this summer, so could possibly dip next season. Personally I’d rather keep him, but it’s not the end of the world if he goes.

As for release clauses. We keep hearing various players have them, but I can’t recall a player that’s left after ones been activated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some of the clowns on here seem to have incredibly short memories. If he wants to go , he needs letting go. Look what happened last time we insisted a bloke stayed. Tadic doesn’t strike me as the knuckling down type if denied a move, so if he’s determined to go it makes sense to sell.

Had this come up in March I think most would say get rid, but fair play to the guy, he showed some great commitment and ability the last 7 or so games. He can be hit and miss but he’s got a wonderful touch, up there with Bally & Matt as the best I’ve seen in a Saints shirt. But at the end of the day he’s nearing 30, we’ve had 4 years out of him and he’s not going to get much of a break this summer, so could possibly dip next season. Personally I’d rather keep him, but it’s not the end of the world if he goes.

As for release clauses. We keep hearing various players have them, but I can’t recall a player that’s left after ones been activated.

Probably sums it up.

As I said earlier and agree with you up until the last 8 games he was poor, if we replace him before selling then I am ok with it but given the last 3 transfer windows have been a bloomin joke I don't trust this lot to know their arse from their elbow.

Nah we will be told by the happy clappy gang that he's 29 and therefore has very little resale value (ignore Higuan £75m and Costa £55m sales please)

We will also be reminded about VVD and the implications of not selling Tadic when he wants to go (strikes, disruption, general littering, team spirit ect)

Finally we will have a number of hypothesis that asks if we didn't agree to this low release clause would Tadic have signed his new and bumper contract in the Summer of 16?!?! :suspicious:

Probably end up filling this under good

What's worse...? Giving in to a player's demand for a relatively low release clause during contract renewal negotiations...or... the club refuses to budge, the player refuses to sign a new contract and he ends up leaving on a free transfer in due course?

Just need someone to confirm that £15m is best we could hope for and I'm calling a full house :lol:

The club are clearly trying to put the blame on the last two seasons down to keeping players who didn't want to be here, but that's just them covering up the issues with recruitment and management which have been far greater. There needs to be some acknowledgement that our manager choices and player choices over the last 2 and a bit seasons have been complete trash and this is what is to blame for our regression. A stroppy VVD or Fonte didn't stop us scoring goals or breaking down teams, that was due to our inability to correctly replace Mane or Pelle, and correctly replace Koeman with a more positive figure.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/16305784.Saints_in_Tadic_exit_talks/

Reading this in the Echo pretty much confirms he's off. I guess this is about listening to the player wanting to go back to Holland to win things (I guess he's pretty much guaranteed some silverware going to Ajax) and us trying to wring as much money out of a sale before he turns 30. Shame to see him go - his passion and upturn in form at the end of last season was a key reason we stayed up. Hughes talking him up would've made me think he would be a key player next season and I just hope we're actively trying to bring a replacement who's ready to go rather than someone with potential.

Reading this in the Echo pretty much confirms he's off. I guess this is about listening to the player wanting to go back to Holland to win things (I guess he's pretty much guaranteed some silverware going to Ajax) and us trying to wring as much money out of a sale before he turns 30. Shame to see him go - his passion and upturn in form at the end of last season was a key reason we stayed up. Hughes talking him up would've made me think he would be a key player next season and I just hope we're actively trying to bring a replacement who's ready to go rather than someone with potential.

“A fee of around £15m has been mooted but Saints will push hard to get as much as they can for Tadic, who has two years left on his current contract.”

This implies that there is not a fixed release clause.

Crikey. I genuinely didn't think there was anything in it after all the rumours for the last few weeks.

“A fee of around £15m has been mooted but Saints will push hard to get as much as they can for Tadic, who has two years left on his current contract.”

This implies that there is not a fixed release clause.

Incompetence not getting Ziyech in P/X ;)

Just need someone to confirm that £15m is best we could hope for and I'm calling a full house :lol:

Ok, I'll give you the satisfaction of a bite on this occasion...

Prediction posted at 8:04 am...

we will have a number of hypothesis that asks if we didn't agree to this low release clause would Tadic have signed his new and bumper contract in the Summer of 16?!?! :suspicious:

Post 'proving' that the prediction was correct posted 55 minutes earlier than said prediction...

What's worse...? Giving in to a player's demand for a relatively low release clause during contract renewal negotiations...or... the club refuses to budge, the player refuses to sign a new contract and he ends up leaving on a free transfer in due course?

Any chance of revealing last week's lottery numbers too?

Textbook

House!! Thanks Jeremy :lol:

So 29 year olds have very little resale value.

Let's go sign Willian (Chelsea) And Toby (Spurs) they are both 29 with added bonus of having just 1 year left on contact.

Should get both for £10m

Don't worry lads Les and Ross will have it under control, just like they did when they overpaid for Carrillo. God, these wasters really are ruining our club. Going to be another long season. Wasn't as if Hughes turned us into Man City was it? We beat a poor Bournemouth at home, scrapped a win against an awful Swansea but were pretty bloody terrible otherwise and still they don't reduce the ticket price. Loyal fans taken for utter mugs really.

Crikey. I genuinely didn't think there was anything in it after all the rumours for the last few weeks.

Incompetence not getting Ziyech in P/X ;)

The club has not done a good job replacing attacking players lately (I’m thinking mainly about the replacements for Pelle and Mané) I hope they have someone decent lined up who can replace Tadic’s goals and assists.

Don't worry lads Les and Ross will have it under control, just like they did when they overpaid for Carrillo. God, these wasters really are ruining our club. Going to be another long season. Wasn't as if Hughes turned us into Man City was it? We beat a poor Bournemouth at home, scrapped a win against an awful Swansea but were pretty bloody terrible otherwise and still they don't reduce the ticket price. Loyal fans taken for utter mugs really.

Why the long rant about Les? If Tadic wants out, sell him and get the best fee when can. That sounds like exactly what we're doing (I don't buy the release fee rumour).

I'll be annoyed if he leaves but wont blame anyone, especially after the whole VVD debacle. We need 100% committed players.

Why the long rant about Les? If Tadic wants out, sell him and get the best fee when can. That sounds like exactly what we're doing (I don't buy the release fee rumour).

I'll be annoyed if he leaves but wont blame anyone, especially after the whole VVD debacle. We need 100% committed players.

Because Les is in charge of player recruitment. He failed us in January and he's failing us now with the Maddison saga and letting go of our best (only) consistent attacker.

Because Les is in charge of player recruitment. He failed us in January and he's failing us now with the Maddison saga and letting go of our best (only) consistent attacker.

1. I agree with.

2. Sounds like we did everything right and it was a personal/geographical choice.

3. He is anything but consistent and if his mind is elsewhere, sell him.

Is the Maddison deal really a stick to beat the club with? If so... why exactly?

Would you like another van Dijk sulk situation this summer, this time with Tadic?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Fans that are slating him for being average forget that he's had two years of managers that just defend. Hard to be creative for Tadic when he has had nothing to work with and no one in the box to cross to.

Don't blame him for leaving, respect him for doing it for non monetary reasons actually. Says an awful lot more about our mentally disabled board more than anything else in the past few seasons. They really are utterly clueless.

He his one of the worst crossers in are team, you sure you have been watching the same Tadic every one else has?. now if you said Bertrand and JWP I would have believed you, but apart from them two players I don't think we have any other competent players able to cross the ball LOL.

But ill be unhappy he is leaving for such a little fee, but not overall sad he is going, maybe will find a forward able to produce more consistently

Is the Maddison deal really a stick to beat the club with?

Would you like another van Dijk sulk situation this summer, this time with Tadic?

Why does refusing a move = a vvd situation?

Clubs decline moves all the time, I'd imagine only a small percentage end in this vvd situation

#fear

Frankly the situations are very different - and why couldn't it be another Schneiderlin situation where a long-term employee knuckles down?

Yes, it really is. The last two seasons have been a disgrace and have led to us ceding our position as the primary choice for good young players. Having had such a dreadful season last year it's an insult to fans to be weakening the squad even further whilst maintaining a ludicrously high ticket price. The fans deserved a bit of good news after last year but we've kicked off on typical Les/Ross dithering fashion.

The club are clearly trying to put the blame on the last two seasons down to keeping players who didn't want to be here,

Totally irrelevant to the point I was making. Holding VvD to his contract was clearly the wrong decision. End of. How much that affected our season is debatable, but whether we should have just sold in July, rather than Jan, is not imo. To repeat the same mistake with Tadic would be madness

People are so quick to believe any story about our players leaving even when it is for a silly price yet will never believe a story about us signing players :lol:

What, like the serious interest Saints showed in Promes and the strong intention we had to land him despite him starting a friendly that day and the club denouncing our interest early in the morning (tyre kickers) and the club having no tangible back-ups lined up?! They wanted money upfront, something we should have been able to achieve if we were serious about fighting relegation and bolstering a key area which has been neglected for seasons and we have seen the results. Instead, we took a massive, low ambition gamble. Shock!! I don't see that ethos changing under this new owner. I wish Kat had never sold us out to this joker. The Promes saga looked to me like a total smoke screen generated by Les (or cohorts) to appease the fans as though we were trying to sign when the intentions are clear, with both the club and Spartak knowing we weren't serious. Hence the players playing in a pointless friendly.