Dusan Tadic to Ajax - Undisclosed (£10M)

Feyenoord1908

I've thought about this for quite along time before posting my thoughts.

Like many on here there were times during the last 2 seasons that i would have happily seen the back off Tadic....looked uninterested, no stomach for the fight and seemed to start every game no matter how ineffective he had been for weeks on end.

However there is no disputing that on his day he is brilliant and the one genuine creative player we have.....the only player that POTENTIALLY comes close is Boufal and i'm convinced he does not have the temperament for the Premiership.

So why are we allegedly selling him? Not sure anyone on here knows the real answer to that and it is just speculation that the club has decided to cash in on the player.

However it could easily be that Tadic has expressed a desire to move on and his heart is no longer in it. Personally i'm not against him going and i honestly believe he has lost his mojo and wants a fresh challenge.

If Saints can make a profit on him i will be happy but i would want the money invested a replacement.

I do think some fans are way too quick in assuming it is always the club just trying to make a fast buck and that players never want to go.....I think the last few seasons have shown that when a player decides it's time to move on NOTHING can stop it......and please don't even go there with the Van **** saga.

^ correct.

People seem not to get it that he has been here 4 years, and has seemingly decided to move on. How long do people expect him to stay (and why)? He isn't a local, he isn't British, so why should he stay here? Maybe he and his family think that Amsterdam is a nicer place to live than Southampton and its environs. Maybe he thinks that his playing career can be extended in the Eredivisie - I would have thought that he should be able to do that by 2-3 years. Maybe he has made enough money over the past 4 years, and before, to be financially stable for life and has decided that he can have a happy life on a lesser wage (still a damn good one) at one of Europe's big clubs even if it is in a weaker league. Maybe he wants to play in European competitions. Whatever it is, SFC are not (seemingly) pushing him out.

Edited by angelman

From that Telegraph article -

"Hughes and recruitment chief Ross Wilson now working on several potential deals that they hope to progress next week."

About bloody time !

Key word - "hope"

In a situation where they must get things done rather than hope it. See January 2017 & 18.

I think the Tadic sale is one where we HAVE to adjust the model and buy before we sell. They won't have planned to buy a replacement for him this summer, as they would have been planning for him to stay. So they need to fire up the black box, be quite open with Dusan and tell him that he can have his move, but only once we have a replacement in the bag. Who knows; that could be a simple deal to solve, with Ziyech coming to us, though I suspect this is unlikely. For all the talk, I don't think he has ever actually been linked to us, which tends to indicate he isn't someone on our radar.

Personally I don't have any problem with us selling Dusan- his resale value is dropping fast due to his contract length and his age- and I certainly think he can be improved upon. But only if the circumstances are right for Saints; ie. we have a replacement signed up who has a higher ceiling than Dusan.

People seem not to get it that he has been here 4 years, and has seemingly decided to move on. How long do people expect him to stay (and why)? He isn't a local, he isn't British, so why should he stay here? Maybe he and his family think that Amsterdam is a nicer place to live than Southampton and its environs. Maybe he thinks that his playing career can be extended in the Eredivisie - I would have thought that he should be able to do that by 2-3 years. Maybe he has made enough money over the past 4 years, and before, to be financially stable for life and has decided that he can have a happy life on a lesser wage (still a damn good one) at one of Europe's big clubs even if it is in a weaker league. Maybe he wants to play in European competitions. Whatever it is, SFC are not (seemingly) pushing him out.

I think that is an eminently sensible summary of some of the influences on his decision making. Perhaps he knows in himself that he is slowing down a bit too much for the hurly-burly of the premiership. I'd like him to stay for another season mind..

^ correct.

Spot on, I can certainly see why he might want to go. Amsterdam is a nice city, Ajax are a very good club, they should be playing Champions League football next year and he has in the next 3-4 years a good chance of winning some titles.

To me it looks like a player is moving for non-financial reasons for once, not sure how this is the club pushing him out.

Key word - "hope"

In a situation where they must get things done rather than hope it. See January 2017 & 18.

Of course it's hope, these things take time, clubs and players change their minds.

Top half? I would say;

McCarthy

Cedric

Hoedt

Bertrand

Jwp

Lemina

Romeu

Tadic

gabbi

Redmond

They are all above average premier. I’m not saying they are very good players, but I think there is a lot of dross in the other teams that we just ignore. If you look at a list of premier league players, and remove the top 5 teams, we have as many top players as anyone.

I'm sorry - JWP is not an above average PL player.

Of course it's natural that he'll want to go. After 4 years, he'll feel he has made a success of playing in the Premier League. He can bank that and be proud of it for the rest of his life. But realistically he is not going to achieve much more now; he won't get a move to a big club, and he's not going to achieve anything more with Saints that he hasn't achieved already. A cup final, an FA Cup semi, European football.

He virtually grew up in Holland as a young player, so of course he will be attracted by an offer from their biggest club. When he was at Groningen and Twente, he would have dreamed of getting a move to Ajax. Now he can make it reality, and with it will come a few years of Champions League football. The perfect way to crown a reasonably successful career.

Good luck to him; it is an excellent move for him. We just need to get a replacement first.

Of course it's natural that he'll want to go. After 4 years, he'll feel he has made a success of playing in the Premier League. He can bank that and be proud of it for the rest of his life. But realistically he is not going to achieve much more now; he won't get a move to a big club, and he's not going to achieve anything more with Saints that he hasn't achieved already. A cup final, an FA Cup semi, European football.

He virtually grew up in Holland as a young player, so of course he will be attracted by an offer from their biggest club. When he was at Groningen and Twente, he would have dreamed of getting a move to Ajax. Now he can make it reality, and with it will come a few years of Champions League football. The perfect way to crown a reasonably successful career.

Good luck to him; it is an excellent move for him. We just need to get a replacement first.

great talent and one of the few creative players who can is different when most of the players who are much the same,good luck to him and its a great place to live for him and his family .

I'll be sorry to see him go, always thought he was a decent player who was (along with everyone else) pretty poorly managed over the last 2 years. I don't think it was a coincidence that as soon as someone competent started managing us again his form picked up.

I'd be happy if we could land Shaqiri as a replacement but I can't see him coming here TBH.

I hope our idiot board are watching tonight. EVERYTHING Serbia are creating is going through Tadic. Even if we cant get him to stay, 15m is a f**king joke.

I don't really understand your comment as the club offered Tadic a new contract which he refused to sign so why are they idiots.

£15m is not the asking price the final price is to be negotiated .

I don't really understand your comment as the club offered Tadic a new contract which he refused to sign so why are they idiots.

£15m is not the asking price the final price is to be negotiated .

I dont really think I need to produce a list as evidence of the utter idiocy of our board

I dont really think I need to produce a list as evidence of the utter idiocy of our board

I would be interested in what you idiotic things that the board have done.

They may have done things you may not agree with but I would be surprised if you know what their decisions were based on with regard to players available to come to SFC their wage demands and budget constraints.

I don't know how a football club is run but I would imagine if people were be paid a great deal of money they must have more knowledge than you or I.

The club seems to be financially solvent we are still in the PL we have finished regularly higher than we have for 35 years or so unluckily lost a Cup Final but yes we have an owner who appears not to be interested in the club and its position in the league which was dreadful last season.

I believe that the club is in a reasonably good position but nobody I know thinks the club can succeed and be a regular top eight finisher if we continue to lose our top players because of the inability to pay massive wages and provide players with silver ware

We were lucky getting in players like Tadic Wanyama Pelle Mane and VVD and replacing them was going to be very difficult

I'd be happy if we could land Shaqiri as a replacement but I can't see him coming here TBH.

On the basis of tonights performance, that will be just as successful as replacing Mane with Redmond was.

LOLZ.

I’d be gutted if this happens, Dusan is, while not at the same heights as shortly after he joined, still our best creative outlet. Major surgery needed on the team this summer if this happens, and Armstrong better not be his replacement... (not a slant on Armstrong but they’re different type of players and I see Armstrong more as the Davis replacement.) We definitely need a new creator if Tadic goes.

£15 million seems a bit cheap too.

^ correct.

You could add that it will be a new challenge for him to be the key player in a team full of youngsters who really need the guidance of an experienced player who can make the difference when it comes to winning prizes (Ajax didn’t win anything for 4 years in a row now which is exceptional for them). Coaching younger players now might help him in his later career when wants to become a coach. Also, the Ajax’ game is always about attacking and dominating which is much more fun for a player like Tadic.

Oh, for a crystal ball.

Pillock.

No you don't need a crystal ball. You just need a sense of perspective and realism rather than a constant air of negativity. You are far too quick to damn and then are over offensive when as usual you are proved wrong.

No you don't need a crystal ball. You just need a sense of perspective and realism rather than a constant air of negativity. You are far too quick to damn and then are over offensive when as usual you are proved wrong.
Our Chubs moaned like fu ck back when Stoke signed Shaqiri and we didn't.

If we do sign him now he'll moan like fu ck because he's a naturally inconsistent player so he'll start laying into him within 2 matches and give him a hilarious comedy name.

And if someone else signs him this summer he will also moan like fu ck.

There's a trend here somewhere.

Our Chubs moaned like fu ck back when Stoke signed Shaqiri and we didn't.

If we do sign him now he'll moan like fu ck because he's a naturally inconsistent player so he'll start laying into him within 2 matches and give him a hilarious comedy name.

And if someone else signs him this summer he will also moan like fu ck.

There's a trend here somewhere.

"****-queery" ?

No blame for this can be laid at Tadic's feet. He's been a good player for us and has decided to move on.

The blame can be laid at the feet of those who have turned this into a club that he no longer wants to play for.

No blame for this can be laid at Tadic's feet. He's been a good player for us and has decided to move on.

The blame can be laid at the feet of those who have turned this into a club that he no longer wants to play for.

Or we could not blame anybody, and accept the fact that is perfectly normal for players to move on during their careers. Thanks very much Dusan and good luck for the future.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Or we could not blame anybody, and accept the fact that is perfectly normal for players to move on during their careers. Thanks very much Dusan and good luck for the future.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Micky, i agree but on here everything has to have blame attributed to someone, nothing is a standard turn of events unless the blamer wants it to happen...