Gao's business in trouble?

Nordic Saint

You often get accused of being a wind up on here but i can't disagree with a word of that. It's a sad state of affairs because our support wasn't always this way, the branfoot protests and protests against Lowe prove that, but in recent years there's been a huge influx of the kind of people that are customers not fans, lots of nicely, nicely types who re-tweet club PR and marketing and copy childish things like "the high press" or "we march on".

It'd be great to see some b*llocks back to our support again but i sadly think that time has passed, the young lads are priced out and the middle class women and families have taken over.

There's nothing wrong with them being there by the way (as i'm sure some people will jump all over that part) but our support, especially at home, has changed and there's very little backbone to it now.

Branfoot was manager for 2.5 years during which we finished 16th, 18th and 18th.

Lowe was chairman for 11 years during which time we made countless poor transfers, made various bizarre decisions, e.g. Poortvliet, Clifford, Wigley, Gray, etc etc, and ultimately got relegated.

The present situation is that we have a manager who has just come in and an owner who has just come in. We've just had a bad season, finishing 17th, but before that we finished 8th, 7th, 6th and 8th.

So although there is cause for concern at the moment, fans haven't been whipped up into the same level of frustration yet and a lot of people will be seeing if we can turn it around.

You often get accused of being a wind up on here but i can't disagree with a word of that. It's a sad state of affairs because our support wasn't always this way, the branfoot protests and protests against Lowe prove that, but in recent years there's been a huge influx of the kind of people that are customers not fans, lots of nicely, nicely types who re-tweet club PR and marketing and copy childish things like "the high press" or "we march on".

It'd be great to see some b*llocks back to our support again but i sadly think that time has passed, the young lads are priced out and the middle class women and families have taken over.

There's nothing wrong with them being there by the way (as i'm sure some people will jump all over that part) but our support, especially at home, has changed and there's very little backbone to it now.

Were you at the last three home games of the season after Hughes took over? Atmosphere completely changed and fans got behind the team - especially the Bournemouth game. Had been quiet up until then but the dross we were served up may have had something to do with it. We get our support from a wide cross-section of the local community and long may that continue.

Agree that there is an issue over ticket pricing for young adults. Would like to see safe standing and corresponding price reductions. But that's another issue.

I've been hugely sceptical and worried about Gao's ownership from the start, fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you see it) i've seen behind the curtain of what's going on and have said many times i don't think it's good for the club in the slightest.

Personally the point we should've protested (in my opinion) was the point at which he failed the first FPP test and then went to get it overturned, obvious or not to most at the point about his credentials the idea of someone with links to people being killed for dissidence isn't someone we should ever want around our club, surely you can agree on that?

I am no fan of Gao whatsoever and worries me. However not enough to warrant a protest. It is the global tide and I feel pretty powerless.

I am no fan of Gao whatsoever and worries me. However not enough to warrant a protest. It is the global tide and I feel pretty powerless.

Not a lot the fans can do when someone wants to turn the football club they inherited into almost a quarter of a billion pounds in cash. "Oh, you'd rather I didn't sell? Tell me more..."

Ha, ha...its always been about money and that means 17th is a success and anything more a bonus.

Don't be fooled, there is no more ambition than this and never has been. The cash keeps coming in and the propaganda machine keeps fooling the fans.

I have seen through it for years and have been lambasted because I represent an inconvenient truth. More people singing my tune now though.

I’ve amended it for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No he's thanked her for that. There was a 3-4 page thread of people gushing over her hard work and legacy when the "great news" about Gao was announced.

He is now commenting on her shady handover to Gao. A deal that took over a year to complete and Big Kat was determined to see through (for the supporters of course)

Ha, ha...its always been about money and that means 17th is a success and anything more a bonus.

Don't be fooled, there is no more ambition than this and never has been. The cash keeps coming in and the propaganda machine keeps fooling the fans.

I have seen through it for years and have been lambasted because I represent an inconvenient truth. More people singing my tune now though.

Well ain’t you the lucky one eh - you sound really pleased. Anyone else in the playground for you to get on your side? Pathetic child

Maybe you might want to chill a bit instead of getting so hot under the collar. Can't be good for the blood pressure old boy.

Because I called you a thicko are you now following me around with your passive aggressive hard man act. Give it up mate you don't really pull it off.

Because I called you a thicko are you now following me around with your passive aggressive hard man act. Give it up mate you don't really pull it off.

Good lad. I respect anyone who has the mongboard tenacity to respond to a post that's more than a day old and buried on a previous page.

So many keyboard warriors being angry about other fans not protesting. What would you have me do? I support Southampton and enjoy going to matches (even last season). I have no real influence over who owns the club or how they run it. I could stop going in protest, I suppose, but I dont think that would make much difference and would deprive me of something I enjoy. I could go and support Portsmouth or Reading or Eastleigh but we all know that's not how supporting a club works. You don't go off and support someone else.

And, when it comes down to it, what would I be protesting about? We've had a pretty good run and then a bad season. We've now got an owner who we don't think is investing sufficient (or possibly any) money. But we poor peasants can't direct the rich how to spend their money. When there's a protest about how capitalism and neo-liberalism work let me know because I'll be on it.

But, if one of those complaining about other fan's apathy can set out a plan to make it all better, I'd be more than happy to consider it.

So many keyboard warriors being angry about other fans not protesting. What would you have me do? I support Southampton and enjoy going to matches (even last season). I have no real influence over who owns the club or how they run it. I could stop going in protest, I suppose, but I dont think that would make much difference and would deprive me of something I enjoy. I could go and support Portsmouth or Reading or Eastleigh but we all know that's not how supporting a club works. You don't go off and support someone else.

And, when it comes down to it, what would I be protesting about? We've had a pretty good run and then a bad season. We've now got an owner who we don't think is investing sufficient (or possibly any) money. But we poor peasants can't direct the rich how to spend their money. When there's a protest about how capitalism and neo-liberalism work let me know because I'll be on it.

But, if one of those complaining about other fan's apathy can set out a plan to make it all better, I'd be more than happy to consider it.

Great post, pretty much where I am. Last season was pretty crap, but I thought it telling that at the final game of the season pretty much the whole stadium stayed to applaud the players on the lap of appreciation. Would indicate that most fans are still behind them.

Really not sure that we have too much to be protesting about just yet.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Well if this is the case you that so regularly bore us to death with and as you clearly don`t like it, i would like to less than respectfully

suggest you sod of elsewhere to a place the fulfills your ambitions, Man city, Liverpool, Barcelona or even Everton and as i`m sure i speak for the

sensible majority you wont be missed as you are a monotonous cretin

+1!

Well if this is the case you that so regularly bore us to death with and as you clearly don`t like it, i would like to less than respectfully

suggest you sod of elsewhere to a place the fulfills your ambitions, Man city, Liverpool, Barcelona or even Everton and as i`m sure i speak for the

sensible majority you wont be missed as you are a monotonous cretin

Cheers!

Well we made about 107 mill last season, I think we all know the running of the club probably is less then that by a fine margin, he can use some of his profit to help out Lander sports profit has to be close to 30 without considering player sales or VVDs at least.

Well we made about 107 mill last season, I think we all know the running of the club probably is less then that by a fine margin, he can use some of his profit to help out Lander sports profit has to be close to 30 without considering player sales or VVDs at least.

I am sure Fat Kat sold him the club as a self sustaining entity. I can't believe he ever plans to invest. I am sure he will need to service the debts and a bit for him self, but I don't think Gao will be as blatant as helping out another business.

Those thinking we will sign 6-7 players are living in cloud cuckoo land, unless we sign more championship standard players like Armstrong for 7m or less, the club has to find the money, without increasing debt, to buy players.

I am sure Fat Kat sold him the club as a self sustaining entity. I can't believe he ever plans to invest. I am sure he will need to service the debts and a bit for him self, but I don't think Gao will be as blatant as helping out another business.

Those thinking we will sign 6-7 players are living in cloud cuckoo land, unless we sign more championship standard players like Armstrong for 7m or less, the club has to find the money, without increasing debt, to buy players.

I'm pretty sure Ralph and Les have said as much over the years and it was mentioned that was one of the reasons Gao bought saints. I think the problem is the clubs statement suggested we sold to someone who was investing when that clearly isn't the case. I imagine he just wants the club to stand on its own two feet and run itself which is ok (better that than running the club into the ground with huge debts) but makes it hard to keep up with the likes of Leicester and Everton who have owners seemingly throwing money at their clubs.

Is it possible to read a saintsweb thread without having to scroll through an entire string arguments? Anyone would think we are west ham :lol:

Alarm bells were ringing after he was initially blocked from buying us due to corruption allegations. It should've stayed that way if I'm honest. We still don't know his intentions or his future plans. It's been worrying from the start.

Is it possible to read a saintsweb thread without having to scroll through an entire string arguments? Anyone would think we are west ham :lol:

Alarm bells were ringing after he was initially blocked from buying us due to corruption allegations. It should've stayed that way if I'm honest. We still don't know his intentions or his future plans. It's been worrying from the start.

Sadly not with the usual bell ends on here with limited IQ and social lives. Mods are a disgrace - site is pits now, and I rarely visit it - no news just childish play.

• 1 month later...
Lander Sports Development's share price fell another 4.53 % today. Ir's now fallen from a high of 21.87 yuan 3 years ago to 8.92 yuan 1 year ago to 3.37 yuan today. If it keeps falling like this, it will soon be practically worthless.

Did it invest in Bitcoin?

attachment.php?attachmentid=2721&stc=1

The black line is Lander and the orange one is an index of Chinese companies. So Lander is only really returning to the position it was in in 2015, however, the wider market has been much more steady over that time. I don't know why Lander got so pumped up in the last few years, but this could just be a correction.

Lander.jpg

• 1 month later...
Satisfaction of old charge and registration of a new one. Just 'business as usual' or something worthy of concern?

6fbf54dbd8d56c4f09ea268de8faee86.jpg

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053301/filing-history/MzIxNDc1ODgwMmFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

It's the same as the charge registered last year. Macquarie bank again. Basically just an advance of the PL Central Funds.

An awful lot of loans are taken out against season ticket sales as they're seen as a very stable/safe risk for the lender, I imagine the above is something along these lines.

When Kat was in charge she loaned the club a fair amount of money, which she subsequently made 5% on.

Kat has done very well out of owning our club.