Stuart Armstrong

Kingsland Red

Most say he would have only been 4th choice at Celtic next season, which is why they wanted to offload him. John Hartson says that he is overpiced at 7 million and that it is a good bit of business for Celtic to get that much for him.

Hartson is a Jack with never a good word about us so he can disappear up his Welsh arse and do one

I asked a couple of Scottish people I know what they think of him, one's a Patrick Thistle fan, the other supports Aberdeen

Armstrong is good on his day. Potentially a good signing. Right move for him.

Armstrong won’t start for you

Technically very tidy but he won’t set the heather alight

I’d liken him to a Steven Davis of the CAM world

Few would disagree that the team doesn't score enough goals from midfield. Obviously, the most goals should come from the strikers, Gabbiadini and Austin, or Shane Long, but the three or four players immediately around or behind them ought to be contributing more. Obviously Tadic played his part last season with 7 goals, but other very capable players, the likes of Steven Davis, JWP, Nathan Redmond and so on, have struggled with that final strike needed to put the ball in net. I'm more than content to accept the club's assessment of Stuart Armstrong as a player who will do that with greater regularity. To anticipate the impact Armstrong will have, it seems more sensible to rely on the professionals the club employs in recruitment, rather than ad-hoc opinions from people whose only qualification in professional football is as a spectator.

This is a good signing, about time we signed some decent British talent... and for the price we can't really lose.

Looking forward to seeing him in the shirt.

Pushes JWP and Steven Davis further from the team though I imagine?

It's a no real loss situation.

He is either a good signing, or an inexpensive squad player. He could be at the club for a few years, not really contribute and we'd still get £10m for him...like the fact he should be able to come in and hit the ground running. Does this signal the end for Prowsey though? Would be a shame.

It's a no real loss situation.

He is either a good signing, or an inexpensive squad player. He could be at the club for a few years, not really contribute and we'd still get £10m for him...like the fact he should be able to come in and hit the ground running. Does this signal the end for Prowsey though? Would be a shame.

The loss situation is if he's not good enough and we don't sign a similar style player to actually play in the team

This is a good signing, about time we signed some decent British talent... and for the price we can't really lose.

Looking forward to seeing him in the shirt.

Pushes JWP and Steven Davis further from the team though I imagine?

Davis probably, he'll be 34 in 6 months so we might seem him go back to Scotland to finish his career I reckon. Prowse seems to play more often wide right more than anything. It's also about time he established himself in a position, if Armstrong forces him out of the team then it'll be because he's not good enough.

Only issue is as mentioned above that we need a goalscoring no.10 type player and if Armstrong is not it, are we going to sign someone else?

Thought he'd be a good option last season, then we went for Lemina.

When I've seen him for Celtic he's looked like a lesser version of Lampard. So could see him playing in front of 2 midfielders like Romeu and Hojbjerg really well, but that would mean back to 433/4231. Good to have options but we're heavy in midfield now. Lemina/Romeu/Hojbjerg/JWP/Armstrong is a lot of good options, all different abilities and potential to improve too. Davis, Clasie, Reed won't get near the team, or even squad so might as well go.

I always saw Davis as the link in the front 4, between the rest of the team and Lambert/Lallana/J Rod or Pelle/Tadic/Mané. Hopefully he can fill that role and provide some purpose to our attacking play.

I asked a couple of Scottish people I know what they think of him, one's a Patrick Thistle fan, the other supports Aberdeen

That could be me ?? ( except it's Partick, not Patrick :) )

And FWIW I think that it is a brilliant signing !

I've not seen anyone write him off. Just posters posting about posters posting it.

For those waiting for him to kick a ball..... Some good news he has!! and more good news.... you are allowed to evaluate his potential here based on how he kicked a ball elsewhere.

Celtic fans seem to feel he's the 4-5th best midfielder at the club just now....so would be the equivalent of us selling Jordy Clasie to someone like Roma.

Don't confuse underwhelming with writing a player off.

I for the record (having seen him a few times) think he offers us something we don't have. That's a midfielder that will drive towards goal and take a shot from distance.

giphy.gif

Now you've learned to clip-on images to your text it seems that is all we'll be seeing in your posts for the rest of time. Not every time please it is becoming incredibly tedious already and adds little to nay point you might be making.

Now you've learned to clip-on images to your text it seems that is all we'll be seeing in your posts for the rest of time. Not every time please it is becoming incredibly tedious already and adds little to nay point you might be making.

The more you find it annoying, the more he’s going to do it like a mongboard joe pasquale.

He loves us, always has.

One decent season under Hughes, sack him off and get Brendan in. Perfect fit.

He is the perfect fit in all honesty. Most hate him for his comments whilst at Liverpool, which with hindsight were correct but at the time did seem a bit arrogant.

He is the perfect fit in all honesty. Most hate him for his comments whilst at Liverpool, which with hindsight were correct but at the time did seem a bit arrogant.

Blimey, did you not find it more annoying than that... absolute a rse of a man..

Don`t want him anywhere near our club, over rated and a poor tactician

• 1 month later...

What I thought was really odd was that he was, imo, our best performing player, but when he went off, we suddenly improved massively as a team!! Granted change of shape and Ely and Ings came on, but how well would he do in that formation? He looked a very good signing today.

• 3 months later...

Just played a big part in Scotland's equaliser against Israel.

Not the most refined player but on a couple of occassions so far he has created something out of nothing for the Jocks simply by running past an opponent instead of passing sideways. Definitely has a burst of pace and a little bit of power.

Hope he gets a run in our side as he offers something different, albeit will never be a really cultured, technical player.