Mo Elyounoussi

Daft Kerplunk

I'm sure I read something very similar to that in the summer. I'm hoping that his grounded nature will help him settle and produce his best form for Saints, because he's not looked the player we were hoping for so far.

TBF that's a pretty tall order for any new signing especially in the current climate :D.

In the summer transfer window, a lot was made about the fact that we scouted this guy for six years before signing him. That is probably still a very telling insight about the state of the club at the moment, but not in the way that Les & Ross intended. Has done virtually nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not very creative, poor shooting, slow, gives the ball away too often, can't get past a man, struggles to go forward with the ball. Did contribute defensively a bit today though and dispossessed players a couple of times. Maybe he'll improve but I worry we've been sold another dud.

Not very creative, poor shooting, slow, gives the ball away too often, can't get past a man, struggles to go forward with the ball. Did contribute defensively a bit today though and dispossessed players a couple of times. Maybe he'll improve but I worry we've been sold another dud.

Sounds like he'll fit right in long term!

Stealing a living with us as a professional footballer. Doesn't know when to move and when to stay, no footballing brain, first touch of a camel. Doesn't get his head up, can't see a run, and doesn't have the pace even if he could see one. Can't shoot, or beat a man, doesn't track back and can't tackle. Unsure which is his weaker foot, probably both. Gets in the way and contributes absolutely nothing. The fact Hughes keeps picking him convinces me Hughes has to go.

Not good enough for Premier League, another poor player we signed. How we haven’t overhauled our recruitment team I don’t know. Ever since Mitchell left the recruitment has been awful both for players and managers.

Squad needs a massive overhaul, unbalanced in midfield, strikers who lack quality (apart from Gabbiadini and Ings but Gabbi hasn’t been given a run of games) and defenders who haven’t improved us. We lack any sort of pace and I think it all means we are in for a long season of struggling against relegation.

Time to resurrect the Mane thread from about this time in his first season with us?

You could. It's been bumped a few times.

But all it ever shows is just a handful disgruntled about Manes' early performances and alot more talking about patience and his obvious talent. Not quite the mass write off that alot allude too.

"Resurrect" A few others too as for every Mane SFC has a Boufal, Ramirez, FF, Carillo, Gabbi, Redmond.....all similarly "wrote off" and defended

Not good enough for Premier League, another poor player we signed. How we haven’t overhauled our recruitment team I don’t know. Ever since Mitchell left the recruitment has been awful both for players and managers.

Squad needs a massive overhaul, unbalanced in midfield, strikers who lack quality (apart from Gabbiadini and Ings but Gabbi hasn’t been given a run of games) and defenders who haven’t improved us. We lack any sort of pace and I think it all means we are in for a long season of struggling against relegation.

the last good influx came when RK was involved,

Indeed. If Sims was the answer you'd think he'd be setting the world alight in the Championship. He can't even get in their team.

Indeed, and anyone criticizing Hughes for playing Elyounoussi needs to explain which player they think we have who should be in the team ahead of him. Personally, I'd say we have a lot of mediocre footballers at the club, and I don't think that swapping him out with Ward Prowse or the Scottish bloke, for example, would make a great deal of difference.

I wonder if he'd be better in a central role.

Anyway, his confidence is shot at the moment which is leading to poor decisions.

He started the first 5 mins in that role and he put a decent ball into the box. Then reverted to bog standard type. Every time he picked up the ball centrally he looked half dangerous; he also looks like he has some skills but he seems to do the sum total of **** all for the rest of the game. Can't help but think Boufal would have done the same job without the financial outlay.

I'd much rather which Boufal than any of the players currently out there, Lemina possibly excepted, that's for sure.

Totally agree.. I don't think elyounoussi is close to being as good as boufal, it's a shame Hughes didn't use some good management instead of just sending him away on loan after his strop

• 4 weeks later...

Sadly another poor Wilson signing who will probably have to be loaned out at cost after flopping in the PL.

His appearance yesterday showed what somehow our scouts missed in the 7 years they tracked him:

He is too slow (in the head and pace wise) to be an effective PL attacker.

Our scouting team seems to have a weakness of getting the right physical types - countless slow CBs, 60 minute Clasie, Boufal, Gabbi, Carillo etc - all either too weak or too slow for the PL.

Sadly another poor Wilson signing who will probably have to be loaned out at cost after flopping in the PL.

His appearance yesterday showed what somehow our scouts missed in the 7 years they tracked him:

He is too slow (in the head and pace wise) to be an effective PL attacker.

Our scouting team seems to have a weakness of getting the right physical types - countless slow CBs, 60 minute Clasie, Boufal, Gabbi, Carillo etc - all either too weak or too slow for the PL.

Yes ideal European players Mr W.W.Wilson. Trouble is were not in Europe your Scots t@t.

I have watched Saints since 1952 and am very close to giving up on this concoction of extremely low quality footballers and staff. When we were in Div 3 South we did at least have players that tried. I remember the cloggers that we possessed in our early League 1 days and we loved how they fought to survive.

In Hughes we have a manager that seems bereft of any alternative playing style or even what his best team is at the moment. The team appears rudderless with no obvious leaders. RK is totally out of his depth and Reed screwed us badly with his removal of quality staff which he replaced with dross.

When Lowe oversaw our previous demise we mounted a campaign against him,but right now I see nothing but sad fans with no spirit left to fight for our club and make our feelings known to all and sundry.

Now to make it worse we have an owner that has no idea what is going on in his name or how to stop the rot.

Markus will be turning over in his grave if he could see what his daughter has done to this club. Destroying all the good that her father has done whilst making a seriously nice profit financially.

I have watched Saints since 1952 and am very close to giving up on this concoction of extremely low quality footballers and staff. When we were in Div 3 South we did at least have players that tried. I remember the cloggers that we possessed in our early League 1 days and we loved how they fought to survive.

In Hughes we have a manager that seems bereft of any alternative playing style or even what his best team is at the moment. The team appears rudderless with no obvious leaders. RK is totally out of his depth and Reed screwed us badly with his removal of quality staff which he replaced with dross.

When Lowe oversaw our previous demise we mounted a campaign against him,but right now I see nothing but sad fans with no spirit left to fight for our club and make our feelings known to all and sundry.

Now to make it worse we have an owner that has no idea what is going on in his name or how to stop the rot.

Markus will be turning over in his grave if he could see what his daughter has done to this club. Destroying all the good that her father has done whilst making a seriously nice profit financially.

We are obviously from a similar era and I agree with you. I have had a season ticket since 1975 and for first time I can't work up the enthusiasm to go to games...not even sure that will go to the Man U game....it's Man U and no excitement.....just a feeling of resignation...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Totally agree.. I don't think elyounoussi is close to being as good as boufal, it's a shame Hughes didn't use some good management instead of just sending him away on loan after his strop

Boufal is a useless show off with a bad attitude. He had a bad attitude under Puel and Pellegrino, now Hughes can’t be arsed with him. He scores one screamer a season and otherwise contributes naff all.

I’m not defending Moi but the joke is on us for signing both of them.

Watched the team shooting in the warm up yesterday. This guy was awful, poor technique, balls either going straight at the keeper or over the bar. Didn't seem like he had a clue about finishing.

You need to be more specific as that decription fits most of our team to be fair. Were still talking about Mo right?

He's the most anonymous signing we have made since promotion. Other players have stood out by being poor but I can't think of many others whose main attribute is that they aren't noticed in any way during a match.

I don't quite understand what's up with him. I watched him for Basel and he looked a threat, not quick, but good movement and a good touch. He looks like a pub player for us. I'm willing to give him a chance in a more confident side, as surely there has to be something there.....he looked good for years with Basel in the top level of european comp...

Watched the team shooting in the warm up yesterday. This guy was awful, poor technique, balls either going straight at the keeper or over the bar. Didn't seem like he had a clue about finishing.

Funny that Armstrong scored a strike in that warm up that was almost identical to his second goal.

Funny that Armstrong scored a strike in that warm up that was almost identical to his second goal.

Him and Gabbi were easily the best. Hojbjerg not too bad. Some of the others were plain awful. Despite the nets behind the goal our fans were getting peppered with wayward shots!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...