Mo Elyounoussi

Daft Kerplunk

Happy to give him time, seems to be more solid, but nowhere near as good as Tadic. Still no idea why we let Tadic go, especially for the same price as a mid table Championship player.

Think the club was trying to cover up the Tadic price and had its normal submissive journalists reporting the £15-17m price.

Only for Ajax to make them and SFC look quite foolish. Was same with our Mane fee and our "Liverpool Champions league" bonus..... All just seems very amateur hour and unnecessary

"Very amateur" coincidentally nicely describes Mo's performances for us so far.

Happy to give him time, seems to be more solid, but nowhere near as good as Tadic. Still no idea why we let Tadic go, especially for the same price as a mid table Championship player.

Basically because he wanted to leave the price was determined by the fact Tadic had his heart set on returning to the Netherlands, and no where else, so there was no chance of getting the same sort of money we would have demanded from a PL club the Dutch just don't have the cash.

On a side note I always liked Tadic but my recollection is he got absolute pelters on here most of the time for being a lazy, under performing play actor, until he left when suddenly everyone claims to have loved him.

Edited by doddisalegend

Basically because he wanted to leave the price was determined by the fact Tadic had his heart set on returning to the Netherlands and, no where else, so there was no chance of getting the same sort of money we would have demanded from a PL club the Dutch just don't have the cash.

On a side note I always liked Tadic but my recollection is he got absolute pelters on here most of the time for being a lazy, under performing play actor, until he left when suddenly everyone claims to have loved him.

Sshhhhush now. You're ruining a perfectly good club/player bashing thread here.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Yes, more time is the only hope because he's been really underwhelming so far. Hasn't shown the eye for a pass that Tadic did and hasn't shown a turn of speed or ability to take on a defender.

Basically because he wanted to leave the price was determined by the fact Tadic had his heart set on returning to the Netherlands, and no where else, so there was no chance of getting the same sort of money we would have demanded from a PL club the Dutch just don't have the cash.

Yep. I didn't want Tadic to leave and I don't like Les Reed, but I'm not going to blame him for that one. The problem is if the replacement for Tadic (Elyounoussi) isn't very good, and he hasn't shown much so far. But isn't that as much, or more, to do with Ross Wilson?

The time was right for Tadic to leave. I don't blame the board or the manager for that one. He clearly had his heart set elsewhere, and truthfully, bar that great run towards the end of the season, he had stagnated here for the past 2 years or so. It was the right move for both parties.

Our problem is we should sign players like Moi in addition to what we have in those positions, like Brighton did with Jahanbakhsh for example. They have eased him in, reducing pressure on him as a big signing.

Instead, Moi has had to immediately replace Tadic, possibly the best creative player outside the top 6 over the last 4 seasons.

So far, he is a downgrade, but he has been thrown in, playing a league a huge step up from where he was before.

Needs to show more though.

Give the guy a break, some players need time to settle. I seem to remember players like Pelle and Mane were better in their second seasons, it's not unusual for players to come good after a little time. PEH last season, PEH this season.

Give the guy a break, some players need time to settle. I seem to remember players like Pelle and Mane were better in their second seasons, it's not unusual for players to come good after a little time. PEH last season, PEH this season.

Well said Micky but not a chance that will happen on here, some peoples idea of support is weird...

Suspect some berate their kids daily for not being brilliant all the time...

Support is about helping to lift someone to higher ground so he or she can see their way through the difficulty.

Well said Micky but not a chance that will happen on here, some peoples idea of support is weird...

Suspect some berate their kids daily for not being brilliant all the time...

Support is about helping to lift someone to higher ground so he or she can see their way through the difficulty.

Is that some top level trolling? Because if so, bravo!

He was bought in to do a job, of which he is currently not doing. In fact I was quite happy with this signing but so far I don't actually know what he does well. I've seen him play in the Europa and he looked very handy but so far we haven't seen anything. Not the Shane Long running his ass off which everyone on here likes, no tricks or skills which some on here like, or any useful contribution towards goals, which I'd personally like.

He's been bloody average so far. I don't think I've heard too much in the way of negativity towards him from the stands so he appears to be still getting the same level of support as everyone else but I'd expect someone being paid well to do his job adequately. He isn't so therefore deserves every bit of criticism coming his way.

Could also be something to do with the way we set up , as he still seems to be doing alright for his country.

Is that some top level trolling? Because if so, bravo!

He was bought in to do a job, of which he is currently not doing. In fact I was quite happy with this signing but so far I don't actually know what he does well. I've seen him play in the Europa and he looked very handy but so far we haven't seen anything. Not the Shane Long running his ass off which everyone on here likes, no tricks or skills which some on here like, or any useful contribution towards goals, which I'd personally like.

He's been bloody average so far. I don't think I've heard too much in the way of negativity towards him from the stands so he appears to be still getting the same level of support as everyone else but I'd expect someone being paid well to do his job adequately. He isn't so therefore deserves every bit of criticism coming his way.

Could also be something to do with the way we set up , as he still seems to be doing alright for his country.

FYI I don`t do trolling.

Everyone is struggling at the moment tbf and all need our support

Don't think Hughes is playing him in a position currently that will get the best out of him. Right midfield in a 4-4-2 I think limits him as a player.

I'd like to see him have more licence to attack, rather than have an eye on defending all the time. But that would require changing the formation, which I'm not sure Hughes wants to do.

Something like a 4-2-3-1, with the three being Redmond, Armstrong and Moi behind Ings.

Signing him in the first place doesn't make sense if you're going to just stick him RM. If we're going to carry on playing 4-4-2, might as well play JWP there as it is probably the only position on the pitch that would suit him.

FYI I don`t do trolling.

Everyone is struggling at the moment tbf and all need our support

That doesn't mean they are beyond reproach. A number of players are not performing, and Moi wouldn't be top of my **** list, and absolutely go along to games and support the team, BUT let's be clear; in the same way you are presumably paid to do an adequate job and reprimanded for inadequacies, so should Moi and anyone else for that matter.

For my money the few that would escape unscathed would be McCarthy (mostly), Bertrand (for he's the only consistent bit of quality we have left) and possibly Ings (because someone has to score something). The rest are varying degrees of average (Moi) bordering on awful (Long, Hoedt - this weekend aside).

He doesn't so far seem to be the player that was so good for Basel and starring in the Champs league against City.

He seems devoid of confidence, it's like our club just sucks the confidence out of these young players, they play with freedom and creativity for their teams, play well in European games and the come to use and look like they are playing well within themselves.

That doesn't mean they are beyond reproach. A number of players are not performing, and Moi wouldn't be top of my **** list, and absolutely go along to games and support the team, BUT let's be clear; in the same way you are presumably paid to do an adequate job and reprimanded for inadequacies, so should Moi and anyone else for that matter.

For my money the few that would escape unscathed would be McCarthy (mostly), Bertrand (for he's the only consistent bit of quality we have left) and possibly Ings (because someone has to score something). The rest are varying degrees of average (Moi) bordering on awful (Long, Hoedt - this weekend aside).

Personally I think that Hojberg and Redmond have been our best players so far, all about opinions, I suppose !