Mo Elyounoussi

Daft Kerplunk

Will he turn out to be another Boufal or have we got ourselves a little gem here?

Time will tell! Welcome onboard the bus, Mohamed.

Good to see investment in the squad, we definitely need it.

And it's a positive that incoming signings are confirmed early this summer before our best players are sold. Fingers crossed though that we are improving the quality of the squad this time, and its what Mark Hughes wants.

Paul Mitchell still helping us out then ;)

Evidently this is a Paul Mitchell spot.

"It's no secret that they've been following me for a long time. They have followed since I scored my first hat trick for Sarpsborg in 2012. In the Adeccoliga. Then I was 17 years old. They know me almost better than I know myself.

- I told them (the club's scouts) that it was a little creepy. You've "stalked" me for six years now, joked the 23-year-old.

As a Tadic replacement he looks spot on the money. Let’s hope he works well with the rest of the team and Hughes.

Not sure he's the Tadic replacement.

Hughes said he didn't want to lose Tadic and has said they are different types of players

Mo he signed from Basel

He’s tricky down the wing

When he scores and sets up goals

This is what we sing

Elyou Elyounoussi Elyou Elyounoussi Elyou Elyounoussi

The boy sure does his thing.......

Good effort

Nice one Grapefruit - I like the subtle adaptation from the Charlie Austin song. And glad about the retention of the obligatory "he hates Pompey" even if he has never heard of Pompey.

How will he be in a position not to know about Portsmouth

They have the best fans ever and they are massive. They once clapped a player who rinsed them at theirs

As a Tadic replacement he looks spot on the money. Let’s hope he works well with the rest of the team and Hughes.

Generalisation here. But Norwegians are very respectful and polite. I'm sure he'll get along with the team and show Hughes respect. It's just the way they are. I wouldn't worry about it.

Generalisation here. But Norwegians are very respectful and polite. I'm sure he'll get along well with the team and show Hughes respect. It's just the way they are. I wouldn't worry about it.

• 1 month later...

Like I said elsewhere, on Saturday you could see what he wanted to do but like a few imports the Premier League style of play catches them out. Not seen much Swiss football but I would hazard a guess that it’s more languid Ligue 1 than La Liga and Prem hurry scurry. There were a few occasions where he was swallowed up by Leicester players playing as normal, whereas he probably only attracted that kind of attention in the Champions League with Basel.

Listening on Solent last night at some point in the second half Merrington was saying about him being a bit ineffective, there was a break in play for an injury and Hughes called him over to the touch line gave him a few pointers, after that Blackmore was mentioning him a bit more, with Whispering Dave chipping in “that’s better”.

From what little I have seen he looks more than capable of doing a job, just needs to adapt: got to hope the lad is a sponge and it’s sooner rather than later.

Looks to have reasonable control but no pace whatsoever. Tadic was the similar in that regard, but it remains to be seen if he's capable of contributing anything like as much as Tadic did.

If he is a slow-coach (I haven't seen enough to judge yet), then it's pretty depressing we have failed to address our lack of pace again. It's almost like the recruitment department don't think it's important or have forgotten to add that filter to their search criteria.

If he is a slow-coach (I haven't seen enough to judge yet), then it's pretty depressing we have failed to address our lack of pace again. It's almost like the recruitment department don't think it's important or have forgotten to add that filter to their search criteria.

Thought it was well-known that he’s not blessed with pace - what he does bring that should help him adapt to the English game is upper body strength. He shouldn’t be shaken off the ball or lose possession easily. He needs to be more decisive with his first touch as he won’t get extra time on the ball. Of course, it doesn’t help that our right hand side doesn’t link up as left hand side.

It’s too early to judge but he needs a run of games to get comfortable. Dropping in and out of the side does nobody any favours - if we’re going to buy playmakers on the continent, we need to commit fully to that strategy.

Thought it was well-known that he’s not blessed with pace - what he does bring that should help him adapt to the English game is upper body strength. He shouldn’t be shaken off the ball or lose possession easily. He needs to be more decisive with his first touch as he won’t get extra time on the ball. Of course, it doesn’t help that our right hand side doesn’t link up as left hand side.

It’s too early to judge but he needs a run of games to get comfortable. Dropping in and out of the side does nobody any favours - if we’re going to buy playmakers on the continent, we need to commit fully to that strategy.

Then we should have put in a sizeable bid for Shaquiri who has these qualities.

To the tune of Candy by Robbie Williams:

Mo. Mo. There-he-goes.

He likes to shoot high, he likes to shoot low.

Plays-in-red-and-white & puts on a show.

Sur-name is Ely-oun-ousssssi.

Far too complicated when OWTS and "Wash your mouth out Son" are the limit of most people. My lad was a bit surprised last night with "Mark Hughes's Red Army" as it did sound like "Fu** You Red Army"

Not started well at all. He was very impressive in the champions league so I'm hoping it's an adaptive thing, but I'm not that hopeful based on evidence so far.

He isn't the pace man we desperately needed (that's not his fault though) and the lack of speed throughout the team is pretty damaging. It makes us ridiculously one dimensional.

Poor last night vs Brighton.

Didn't look to have any real pace or invention about him. Early days but hasn't shown what you would have hoped given he had a full pre season.

Needs to up his game.

It pains me to say it, but on yesterdays performance he was not up to Boufal standard never mind Tadic

The team currently lacks any real creativity around the box which is why what few goals we manage to score seem to come mainly via crosses or set pieces.

Quite, but he will be available soon enough when he`s received enough of his big wages and realises he wont get much of a look in at the dippers
Just to check do you mean if we had signed Shaqiri for £13m it would have been a bad signing?