Mo Elyounoussi

Daft Kerplunk

He's ****. Most notable things I can remember him doing were hitting the bar at Palace when he should have scored and failing to play the simplest of square balls to an unmarked Austin in front of an empty goal for a certain goal against (i think) Newcastle.

In his defence he worked hard today closing down and chasing and put one peach of ball into Austin who ****ed it right up. In reality he is no different to 90% of the squad not particularly good. The whole squad is full of players who aren't good enough for this level Ralph has at least got them working harder during games but they are let down by their own limited skill levels.

not only is he slow across the ground but doesn't read the game , he did one nice dribble but then lost the ball rather than lay it off, hope I never see him in a Saints shirt again

Seemed to do that a few times in the 2nd half. Just randomly running into 3 City players and losing the ball. Looked totally lost.

It's the way he thinks he can dribble past players effortlessly then just shrugs when he inevitably gets tackled that gets me. One moment on the second half today he got the ball in a good position with passing options available, but he just thought he could walk the ball past the City defenders to the edge of the box without any tricks or burst of pace. Just bizarre.

At least with previous signings like Gaston or Boufal you could see the occasional glimpse that they might have some talent and come good, but not so with this fella.

It's a shame really, reading through the early pages of this thread there was some genuine hope/excitement/anticipation about this guy.

On paper he did feel like a perfect Saints signing similar in style (ie career trajectory/experience) to Tadic/Mane/etc.

It's such a shame he's turned out so appallingly. Was dreadful today. Absolutely dreadful.

Anyway, reading the thread reminded me of a summer packed with this comedy gold on every single transfer thread. Every single one.

Lemina deal must also be agreed for this to happen, methinks. Italy? Liverpool? Spurs?

It's a shame really, reading through the early pages of this thread there was some genuine hope/excitement/anticipation about this guy.

On paper he did feel like a perfect Saints signing similar in style to Tadic/Mane/etc.

It's such a shame he's turned out so appallingly. Was dreadful today. Absolutely dreadful.

Anyway, reading the thread reminded me of a summer packed with this comedy gold on every single transfer thread. Every single one.

This will probably make Nordic saints cut his wrists or at least reduce him to teams but the Morroccan Norwegian said saints had been tracking his for 6 years before he signed. Which means only one thing, he was discovered by Paul "Black box" Mitchell. Another disasterous signing of his to add to the list which includes amongst others Forren, Mayuka, Ramirez & Osvaldo.

I thought he wasn't too bad today in the first half. Not great, but not terrible either. Didn't do anything in the second half, but then again, who did? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he's a good signing. He's hardly played and done little in the cameos Ive seen.

I thought he wasn't too bad today in the first half. Not great, but not terrible either. Didn't do anything in the second half, but then again, who did? Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he's a good signing. He's hardly played and done little in the cameos Ive seen.

He did alright for about 20 minutes, was running hard and moving the ball on quickly (set up a chance for Austin right before their first). After that he disappeared. When he reappeared he just seemed to want to try and dribble through 3 or 4 defenders when he got on the ball. He’s either not that bright, not very good or stubborn and thinks he knows best and is better than he really is. Not really what we want or need right now. He’s a Boufal lite.

Watching him today last 90mins reminds me of when you're playing FM & you just play a squad player for the whole match just so you don't use tire a good player.

Saw that in most of the players playing today tbf..........what a good spot though.Exactly what i would have done felt sorry for the name and just play them. JWP was another just dosent do anything, but i did like the youngsters turning up very green

atm but given the lack of options the team are giving the manager as to who can be worth a starting spot, they must have some hunger about themselves.

I think he played the ball through for the chance Austin fluffed? Let's give him some credit. I think he looks more like a playmaker than a winger/forward, which is odd as I think we thought we were buying a winger/forward.

Obviously a massive disappointment overall though.

He was poor yesterday. At least RH had a good look at him and can now make his mind up.

or being positive spot what tweaks he needs to make to make him the better player we hope he could be. Alas we ain’t blessed with an oil rich state sugar daddy and relatives to wheedle endless pots of dosh into the system, allowing us to the money to bin the squad and replace with perfect players. So hopefully Ralph will have a good idea by now as to which players to hone (like Poch did) and which ones to bin.

“We’ve been tracking him for 6 years” what waiting for the price to drop?

”coming to Southampton will make me financially secure for the rest of my life” Where’s the motivation, turn up to training for a few hours each day and not have to actually play a game, and still get paid handsomely without any danger of seeing a callous on your hands, or a blister on you foot for that matter. Bit like Alexis Sanchez c£450k a week for 20 hours work

Thought he would be a good signing and his pre Saints stats were pretty good.

I try not to judge players too hard on performances against the absolute top sides and he did provide what should have been a decent assist. But outside of that he just lost possession constantly and seemed to lack any sort of direction.

Armstrong has effectively made him redundant in all but a squad capacity, disappointing but at least we seem to have one good player out of the two.

He'd look good in space as I think he has good vision, but as a winger when he's up against full backs he's just pointless. No pace or strength.

Needs time and space on the ball in the number 10 position. I doubt he'll get that in the PL though, so I can imagine he'll be shifted off soon.

Some of the comments on here are as if we had Ali Dia playing for us again!

Yes, Moi hasnt been great at all so far, but there were a couple of flashes against an excellent City side which I thought looked a bit promising and on another day could've come off. The first time pass over the top to Austin (who should've scored), and a couple of runs where he quickly got closed down made me think he might have something, and is probably just lacking a bit of confidence, in a struggling team. We were struggling to get the ball out of our half, let alone get the ball to him and Austin most of the match, so difficult to read too much into that match / performance. He's not super skillful like a Tadic or Boufal, but I'm just looking forward to seeing what he might be able to do with a little more time in a more confident, fitter, team.

Personally I hope the next game he plays he has an absolute storming match!