Mo Elyounoussi

Daft Kerplunk

Elyounoussi was world class against Lazio last night. World class. That was one of the best attacking performances I've ever seen in 35 years of watching football. And I previously hated him. :scared: He's clearly our best player on that evidence.
No idea why you even bother. 1/10.

Players used to come to us to improve, and they did. Now they deteriorate and have to leave us to improve...Mo, Frazer. Tadic, just this season. What has gone wrong?
Well if we move the whole squad to a less competitive league maybe they will all look like world beaters whose for moving saints to the Lativan Virslīga?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
After a positive start now can’t seem to get in the Celtic starting 11

got on for last 15 today and contributed a few stray passes

suspect he’ll be back with us this summer sadly

He was outstanding for them in a 4-2-3-1 formation before getting injured for a couple of months.

I think Celtic then changed to wing-backs to get back on track & now he’s back fit, he doesn’t really suit the formation.

He was outstanding for them in a 4-2-3-1 formation before getting injured for a couple of months.

I think Celtic then changed to wing-backs to get back on track & now he’s back fit, he doesn’t really suit the formation.

A season long loan to the Belgium league beckons I feel

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, Nolan said:

Bet we're paying a high proportion of his wages to assist the Forster deal going through.

With Ntcham and cash coming the other way.

Makes sense.

Otherwise it seems very early in the summer to be agreeing a loan for next season: would've thought we'd be trying hard to sell.

1 minute ago, stevy777_x said:

Don t understand whywe haven t waiting for permanent offers to come in.

Seems a very hasty decision From our perspective

From where? Nobody wanted to buy him when the economics of football were good, so we’ve no chance with the sh*t show we’re currently going through.

What happened to making their lives miserable until they fuck off. Training with the nippers, ignoring them & generally messing them about. Nowadays, players we don’t want get shipped out to another club and stay on the same wages. I’d give him the choice, sign permanently or spend the rest of your contract running round the pitch & playing  in  the stiffs. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What happened to making their lives miserable until they fuck off. Training with the nippers, ignoring them & generally messing them about. Nowadays, players we don’t want get shipped out to another club and stay on the same wages. I’d give him the choice, sign permanently or spend the rest of your contract running round the pitch & playing  in  the stiffs. 

Which does nothing except ruin a mans career through no fault of his own and ensure one of our assets is worthless. We’ve scraped a bit of our money back on players like Austin, Clasie and Forster, what you’re suggesting would gain us nothing.

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Trouble is do you want him training with the nippers slowly becoming like a bottle of milk left out on the side with the lid off stinking the place out? 
That said when he turned up he freely admitted that his contract with us sets him up for life, so cruising round with the nippers would probably suit him very nicely.

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

Which does nothing except ruin a mans career through no fault of his own and ensure one of our assets is worthless. We’ve scraped a bit of our money back on players like Austin, Clasie and Forster, what you’re suggesting would gain us nothing.

How’s it no fault of his own. He has a choice, sign for what Celtic think you’re worth or pick up your wages with us , but don’t play for X number of years. His choice.

Id imagine most players will take the move. Far better than paying them to play for someone else. 

9 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

How’s it no fault of his own. He has a choice, sign for what Celtic think you’re worth or pick up your wages with us , but don’t play for X number of years. His choice.

Id imagine most players will take the move. Far better than paying them to play for someone else. 

Or the third option, the one which he is doing, which is to take the contracted wage we’ve given him but go on loan somewhere else so he still gets to play football.

The fault lies squarely with Saints and our old recruitment team, who I can only assume signed him off the back of a five minute YouTube video of his performance against Man City in the Europa.

48 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Or the third option, the one which he is doing, which is to take the contracted wage we’ve given him but go on loan somewhere else so he still gets to play football.

The fault lies squarely with Saints and our old recruitment team, who I can only assume signed him off the back of a five minute YouTube video of his performance against Man City in the Europa.

The point is that would not be our preference. We are offering him the third option, as we are choosing to not be tough with him to force him to move. How we arrived at this point with him is a separate issue.

We would have preferred to sell, but if we are getting a decent loan fee and a good percentage of his wages paid, the chance for him to do well in Scotland next season, might create some competition for him next summer.

otherwise a sale now might see us take only a very small fee, possibly not much bigger than the loan fee, and take a big hit in the accounts on amortisation.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

How bloody good is Haaland by the way? Unreal technique, great strength, great height, great pace. If you're looking for the attributes of a perfect centre forward, he has every single one at like 10/10.

He's going to be insane if he stays injury free.

He'd better keep away from Roy Keane-esque players then unlike his dad.

He was born in England, while he was probably always destined to play for Norway, it's a shame we couldn't get him to play for us. He would have provided us with even better attacking options than we already have and could have challenged the undroppable Kane for focal point of the attack.

11 hours ago, M271 said:

Great goal from Mo for Norway against Northern Ireland tonight and generally playing well. Norway 3 - 1 up at half time.

Played well, although Northern Irelands team was pretty much made up of players from the middle of the championship, which is probably his level from what i've seen of him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07/09/2020 at 21:01, S-Clarke said:

How bloody good is Haaland by the way? Unreal technique, great strength, great height, great pace. If you're looking for the attributes of a perfect centre forward, he has every single one at like 10/10.

He's going to be insane if he stays injury free.

He's already pretty insane, he's only just turned 20 and has nearly 100 senior goals in like 140 games. Including now 6 in 7 for Norway and 15 in 15 in European games.

If he improves he is going to be Messi/Ronaldo levels of goalscoring records. 

His off the ball movement is what impresses me much, so intelligent at timing runs and finding space in the box that it often means the finish is pretty simple. Really hope he doesn't end up at Utd. 

---------------------------

Good to see Elyounoussi doing well, two nice goals. I know its only Celtic but hes doing well in Europe as well, should at least raise his value if we want to sell him end of the season. 

5 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

He's already pretty insane, he's only just turned 20 and has nearly 100 senior goals in like 140 games. Including now 6 in 7 for Norway and 15 in 15 in European games.

His off the ball movement is what impresses me much, so intelligent at timing runs and finding space in the box that it often means the finish is pretty simple. Really hope he doesn't end up at Utd. 

Good to see Elyounoussi doing well, two nice goals. I know its only Celtic but hes doing well in Europe as well, should at least raise his value if we want to sell him end of the season. 

Sell him? If he turns out that good HMDAJFU.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

3 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Very good to see.  He seems to struggle when they play different systems.  Coming off the left side is his best. 

13 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Very good to see.  He seems to struggle when they play different systems.  Coming off the left side is his best. 

Which is ironically where we’re struggling. 

There’s a player in there, just not sure he’s suited to the pace of the PL or would be fit enough to keep up with Ralph’s demands. Celtic probably about his level in all honesty. 

1 minute ago, SKD said:

Which is ironically where we’re struggling. 

There’s a player in there, just not sure he’s suited to the pace of the PL or would be fit enough to keep up with Ralph’s demands. Celtic probably about his level in all honesty. 

I think you're probably right, although I'd like to see him given a chance next season. 

Ely is going to divide the fanbase forevermore. Those who see what he's doing and think "hey, come and do that for us" and those that disregard what he does and say he's not suited to the EPL and "it's only park football in Scotland." To those I say he is doing it in the Europa League.

Anyway, Ralph isn't going to give him a chance, so we'll watch him from afar.