Mo Elyounoussi

Daft Kerplunk

Turkish media saying Besiktas want him ....on loan of course.

Can see this happening, especially if we keep Boufal.

Elyounoussi up there with Carrillo for me, and he was given a 5 year deal versus Carrillo's 3 and a half.

Can forsee plenty more loans for him.

Turkish media saying Besiktas want him ....on loan of course.

Can see this happening, especially if we keep Boufal.

Elyounoussi up there with Carrillo for me, and he was given a 5 year deal versus Carrillo's 3 and a half.

Can forsee plenty more loans for him.

Fenerbahce were linked in early June too. What we need is for him to actually perform when he goes.

https://www.fanatik.com.tr/iste-besiktastan-elyounoussi-icin-istenen-rakam-2080500

Besiktas want Konoplyanka on loan from Schalke but if they cannot get him then Elyounoussi is their second choice.

Saints want €1.5m for a season long loan.

Absolutely **** signing.

I can only assume the Besiktas scout reports just said "He was good 18 months ago".

I don't know how these things work. Would they pay his wages as well as the fee?

Each deal is different. I would imagine that they would be able to pay a good chunk of his wages at the very least.

We're so top heavy with players now & with the window winding down, just the savings on wages will be a bonus at this rate.

I still can’t believe we scouted him for six years before signing him. At least we can chalk Carrillo up to us trying to support Pellegrino, but no excuses for how useless Elyounoussi has been.

This is very true! I'd forgotten the 6 year thing.

Maybe that’s where they scouted him

To be fair I was watching the Man City documentary on Amazon and it showed the game where city lost 2-1 at home to FC Basel, of the 40 second highlights they showed 1 player stood out with a goal and an assist, I thought who’s that, looks decent... it was Moi

I don't know, his performance against Derby was a sight to behold, one of the most dreadful performances I've ever seen.

Might be worth sticking with. First season syndrome etc. Might yet have a part to play for us. He's not been great, but not been truly dreadful either. Just ineffective and a bit weak going the other way. Both probably coach-able.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Might be worth sticking with. First season syndrome etc. Might yet have a part to play for us. He's not been great, but not been truly dreadful either. Just ineffective and a bit weak going the other way. Both probably coach-able.

Can you name one positive attribute he has shown in his time at Saints? What he is lacking can't be coached, he is just terrible.

Boufal is light years ahead of him in quality!

Can you name one positive attribute he has shown in his time at Saints? What he is lacking can't be coached, he is just terrible.

Moi is really good at crossing and he seems to have quite a bit of stamina. He's a bit like JWP but compared to him he lacks passing range, vision, pace, acceleration, agility, or strength.

Moi is really good at crossing and he seems to have quite a bit of stamina. He's a bit like JWP but compared to him he lacks passing range, vision, pace, acceleration, agility, or strength.

So his qualities are that he's a weaker, slower, worse version of JWP?

I liked the way that he knew that his first season wasn't good enough. I think certain players think that they are good enough come what may, and when they don't make the team they can't understand it and get the hump. I realise that that is hardly that positive if there is no possible improvement.

Sorry but he has been dreadful. Truly dreadful.

Sorry but he has been dreadful. Truly dreadful.
Agreed, when you have a player that has contributed absolutely nothing, doesn't look.interested and doesn't have one single area of skill or show any signs that he could make it in the premier League he comes under the truly dreadful label, he has without a doubt been our most disappointing signing with carillo not far behind!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Agreed, when you have a player that has contributed absolutely nothing, doesn't look.interested and doesn't have one single area of skill or show any signs that he could make it in the premier League he comes under the truly dreadful label, he has without a doubt been our most disappointing signing with carillo not far behind!

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I don’t agree he doesn’t look interested because he does just he is a fish out of water.

Just hasn’t worked out

Carillo for me absolute head Fck of a transfer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t agree he doesn’t look interested because he does just he is a fish out of water.

Just hasn’t worked out

I'd agree with this, and with Angelman's comment that he knows he wasn't good enough. It struck me he looked miserable because he wasn't contributing and struggled to do so. Not sure what the answer is, but having not seen him in any pre-season games or noticed him in any training photographs he must definitely be on his way.

At least he will understand the reason for being moved on, unlike Charlie Austin, who doesn't. Having seen Che Adams in action underlined how little the latter contributed last season.

Whenever I have seen him, which isn't a lot to be fair, I actually didn't think he was that bad. Nice touch, reasonably composed and a decent passer. He didn't seem to have much of an engine. I am trying to think of the games he started, Newcastle or City at home and he faded badly after only about 50 minutes. He's certainly not a pacey winger, with tricks and crosses. He's not an all action dominating midfielder either. I guess the question is, what is he? A luxury?

The difficult situation he came into hasn't helped him to be fair. That Hughes side was woeful. Obviously he was part of it, but if you have a side that is playing well its a lot easier to settle in and show what you can do. He's another that hasn't had a huge run of games, although Hughes gave him plenty of opportunities. Ralph clearly doesn't rate him, so that's the end of that.

The background work can be exhaustive. One Spanish club made a preliminary enquiry with an English club this summer to sign a Scandinavian player. A week later, the Spaniards had gone quiet, so the English club’s sporting director chased up. “The Spanish guy said he had spoken to three different people from the player’s country and that the player would be a nightmare in the dressing room. So we cannot touch him.”

Could that be about Moi? Wasn't he linked to Spain earlier in the transferwindow?

Could that be about Moi? Wasn't he linked to Spain earlier in the transferwindow?

Or Hjobjerg? Semms very vocal and was dropped by Denmark for the World Cup. At the fans forum they said he had been attracting attention as well.

Norwegian article links some more interested clubs...

POSSIBLE SOUTHAMPTON EXIT FOR ELYOUNOUSSI - IN TALKS WITH TOP CLUBS

Mohamed Elyounoussi (25) is investigating the possibility of leaving the Premier League club Southampton. There is no shortage of interested clubs.

The first season of the English top club was not quite as the Norwegian national team profile expected: Eight games from start and eight jumps were all Elyounoussi, who turned 25 on Sunday, got in the Premier League.

The situation has not shown signs of improvement in the season, and with only three days left for the Premier League season start, "Moi" has only one goal in mind: playing football.

Therefore, a club change should be highly relevant within the next few days or weeks: According to VG's information, Elyounoussi's representatives are currently in talks with three European clubs. It will be Turkish Besiktas, as reported in Turkish media in recent days, but also the Spanish La Liga clubs Seville and Celta Vigo.

Both a clean loan, a loan with an option to buy and a clean transfer should be appropriate alternatives, depending on what the clubs in question would be willing to pay for the Norwegian, who still has four years left of his contract with Southampton.

In an interview with TV 2 , Southampton boss Ralph Hassenhüttl says it may be appropriate to "find a solution".

- We want to give everyone the chance to play. If he does not feel comfortable sitting on the bench, or maybe in the stands sometimes, he has goals other than us, says the Austrian.

Last summer, "Moi" became the most expensive Norwegian footballer of all time when he was sold from Basel to "Saints" for around NOK 190 million.

Despite the Premier League transition window closing already on Thursday afternoon, Elyounoussi can still go to both Turkey and Spain until September 2, when the transition window closes in those countries.

British press have linked Elyounoussi to Championship club Stoke City for the past 24 hours, but this should not be relevant, according to VG.

Mohamed Elyounoussi has not answered VG's inquiries. VG has also tried to reach his agent Ferhat Cifci without success.

Still overpriced.

Let's hope we can con them into an option to buy agreement and he inexplicably has a purple patch of form. Turkish clubs have sometimes tended to be quite prone to throwing good money after bad.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Wonder if something has gone wrong here? He was at Staplewood today and Besiktas have signed N'Koudou from Spurs.

The club want too much money. See also Carillo. They don’t seem to realise we are not in a position of strength. We’ve become used to selling players we don’t want to sell that other clubs want to buy, now we have players we want to sell but no one wants. This weakens our position, whilst it’s admirable we’re trying to get the best deal we aren’t really in a position to call the shots, if we can’t get shot of them we end up,paying the a player a few million quid a year just to turn up for training 5 days a week.

The club want too much money. See also Carillo. They don’t seem to realise we are not in a position of strength. We’ve become used to selling players we don’t want to sell that other clubs want to buy, now we have players we want to sell but no one wants. This weakens our position, whilst it’s admirable we’re trying to get the best deal we aren’t really in a position to call the shots, if we can’t get shot of them we end up,paying the a player a few million quid a year just to turn up for training 5 days a week.

Yep. And obviously, any club that happens to actually be interested in a player we want shot of is going to know that, and negotiate accordingly.