Mo Elyounoussi

Daft Kerplunk

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/oRGed0/kilder-til-vg-elyounoussi-har-signert-for-southampton-sjekk-den-spinnville-kontrakten

SOUTHAMPTON / OSLO (VG) Mohamed «Moi» Elyounoussi (24) has signed the papers that make him financially secure for life. Now he is Southampton player.

The Norwegian national team profile passed the medical test on Thursday. In the evening, after the VG announced, he signed a five-year contract with Southampton. Friday he is officially presented as a new player for the Premier League club.

VG has been informed about the lucrative details of the recent agreement to the former Molde and Sarpsborg player.

Elyounoussi will sign a contract with Southampton, extending until summer 2023. The five-year contract includes an annual salary near a staggering 2.9 million pound.

That's equivalent to around NOK 30 million a year. Overall, the contract is worth more than five years worth over 150 million. In other words, Mohamed Elyounoussi does not have to worry about money anymore.

"My value is probably good now, missed" Moi "to VG in March after delivering goals and assisting Manchester City in the Champions League, and he had a good point.

Waiting fans

VG is present in Southampton where the Norwegian conducted the medical test at the team's training facility, Staplewood, on Thursday.

The gates were closed, the information was small - and so far there are not many fans who have managed to take over the signing.

Of those we talked to around the stadium (St. Marys), and in the club's supporter shop in the center, there were few who had heard about the 23-year-old.

"I've heard the rumors, but do not know anything about the player," said a Southampton supporter VG was in contact with.

bonuses

The transfer price Southampton pay for "Moi" is also of historical dimensions. According to VG's information, the Premier League club picks out 20 million euros to buy Elyounoussi from Basel. It is equivalent to around 190 million kroner, making 24-year-old the most expensive Norwegian football player.

In fact, the transfer amount may be even bigger, depending on bonuses with a total value of three million euros (just over NOK 28 million). The total frame in the transition can thus be as high as just under 220 million kroner.

The bonuses are triggered when "Moi" reaches a certain number of played matches for Southampton.

By the way, Basel has secured a resale clause of ten percent.

As VG has mentioned earlier, the "Moi" transition is also lucrative for some Norwegian clubs: Molde probably earns about NOK 30 million on resale, while Sarpsborg 08 can wait around four million dollars in solidarity funds.

Edited by goneawol

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/oRGed0/kilder-til-vg-elyounoussi-har-signert-for-southampton-sjekk-den-spinnville-kontrakten

SOUTHAMPTON / OSLO (VG) Mohamed «Moi» Elyounoussi (24) has signed the papers that make him financially secure for life. Now he is Southampton player.

I won't believe it until I hear it fom Spar, Mace or the Co-op.

Just hope he works out better than our last Norwegian signing.

Two creative players in... seems somebody in power has recognised where our failings lay last season. Welcome Mo.

Still work to to be done, before any outs we still need a reliable striker and a big centre back. Then ship out the likes of Forster (if anyone will take him), Davis (been good for us but now knocking on), Boufal (I really want the slate to have been wiped clean and for him to have a future but after being dropped by Hughes I can't see it) and one of the strikers (Long perhaps) and replace any leavers (looking at you Cedric, Mario and Ryan) and we should be back to fighting for Europa next season!

Leslies influence has been reduced I believe.

Will be interesting to see if we improve next season without his shackles.

I predict we will.

Leslie has been progress blocking us for too long baby

giphy.gif

Hes still doing his thing, just less photos and videos... I suspect that is the only reduction... sorry mate. ;)

But look at it this way, you can still blame him for all the bad stuff and credit someone else for the good stuff without proof either way..

Leslies influence has been reduced I believe.

Will be interesting to see if we improve next season without his shackles.

I predict we will.

Leslie has been progress blocking us for too long baby

giphy.gif

This gif reminds me of MLG dealing with your predatory homosexual obsessions with Reed.