Mo Elyounoussi

Daft Kerplunk

This is his best. Old, but still a classic.

I have that on CD somewhere. Driving into the NEC for a trade show one morning with a full car of take no prisoners colleagues, I told them to have a listen to this, and put it on. Instantly there were howls of derision raining down on me for owning an effin Robbie Williams CD, once the singing started they all started laughing.

Should have taken it out of the car as a couple of months later I was out with the Marketing Manager and we were heading to a call in Southsea, at some point when I left him in the car the bugger had cued the CD up at pretty much the right point, walked the volume up and switched off the stereo. As we turned into fratton he says “it’s warm in here” and opened all the windows, then hits the stereo power button instantly the chorus is blasting out of the car!!!!

I have that on CD somewhere. Driving into the NEC for a trade show one morning with a full car of take no prisoners colleagues, I told them to have a listen to this, and put it on. Instantly there were howls of derision raining down on me for owning an effin Robbie Williams CD, once the singing started they all started laughing.

Should have taken it out of the car as a couple of months later I was out with the Marketing Manager and we were heading to a call in Southsea, at some point when I left him in the car the bugger had cued the CD up at pretty much the right point, walked the volume up and switched off the stereo. As we turned into fratton he says “it’s warm in here” and opened all the windows, then hits the stereo power button instantly the chorus is blasting out of the car!!!!

Fantastic version of the Robbie Williams song.

I believe Milan tried to sue the producer after he did not like the lyrics involving him.

Not heard anything since from the producer of the song, anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...
Looks ok at this stage in the PL. Remember Mane and Tadic didn't exactly set the world alight within a handful of games. Adequate and will hopefully improve.
I was at Mane's debut in the cup at Arsenal where he was a big threat and it was clear (to me at least) that he would be a good player for us as he comittee defenders.

Seem to remember a sublime Tadic assist on his debut at Anfield and pretty much being quality straight away.

Certainly both showed far more initially than Moi has so far. Hopefully he gets a goal on Monday.

Oh it's Mo Elyounou,

Mo Elyounou, younou,

From Denmark don'tcha know?

Younou, Younou, Younou,

Enyounoussi,

Mohammaed Elyounoussi

Oh it's Mo Elyounou

Plays in red and white

His name is Elyounoussi

His first name, Mohammed

Play well boy

Would like to see this get going. Easy to remember and catchy. To the tune of Sugababes - Round Round

I was at Mane's debut in the cup at Arsenal where he was a big threat and it was clear (to me at least) that he would be a good player for us as he comittee defenders.

Seem to remember a sublime Tadic assist on his debut at Anfield and pretty much being quality straight away.

Certainly both showed far more initially than Moi has so far. Hopefully he gets a goal on Monday.

I was at that match too and he definitely looked dangerous. I remember him doing a ridiculous trick / piece of skill around the half way line before bombing forwards and thinking 'this guy is going to be amazing'

Oh it's Mo Elyounou,

Mo Elyounou, younou,

From Denmark don'tcha know?

Younou, Younou, Younou,

Enyounoussi,

Mohammaed Elyounoussi

Oh it's Mo Elyounou

Plays in red and white

His name is Elyounoussi

His first name, Mohammed

Play well boy

Would like to see this get going. Easy to remember and catchy. To the tune of Sugababes - Round Round

I don't think he'd like being called Danish much. He's from Norway, after all...

Me too. Mane was quality and won us a penalty in that match.

It's a myth perpetuated on here that he was bad to begin with. He wasn't. Anyone with a brain could see how dangerous he was.

He's the best player we've had since Gareth Bale.

Me too. Mane was quality and won us a penalty in that match.

It's a myth perpetuated on here that he was bad to begin with. He wasn't. Anyone with a brain could see how dangerous he was.

He's the best player we've had since Gareth Bale.

He is an immensely talented footballer who has the ability to turn a game in an instant. He's also got great movement.

He had a few bad games along the way, but the stick he got for them was hard to believe.

Koeman had a really great squad of players to work with and with a touch of luck could probably have won something with them. After Puel arrived the quality we had in the team took an immediate nosedive.

I'm glad we have Ings now, as he provides something of what we lost when Mane left and I think our squad is probably overall marginally better than it has been for the past two seasons. I just hope it's enough to push us back to winning more than we draw and losing a couple less. I'm still a bit concerned that the team as a whole seems to be very fragile mentally. Need to get on a run and pick up a few points, if we can do that I think their confidence levels will get back to where they should be.

Elyounoussi has a great range of passing and a good shot on him. Think after he scores or sets up a couple he'll shine. He's not the quickest over the ground but he could turn out to be a proper wide playmaker in the Payet/Tadic mould.

He is an immensely talented footballer who has the ability to turn a game in an instant. He's also got great movement.

He had a few bad games along the way, but the stick he got for them was hard to believe.

Koeman had a really great squad of players to work with and with a touch of luck could probably have won something with them. After Puel arrived the quality we had in the team took an immediate nosedive.

I'm glad we have Ings now, as he provides something of what we lost when Mane left and I think our squad is probably overall marginally better than it has been for the past two seasons. I just hope it's enough to push us back to winning more than we draw and losing a couple less. I'm still a bit concerned that the team as a whole seems to be very fragile mentally. Need to get on a run and pick up a few points, if we can do that I think their confidence levels will get back to where they should be.

Elyounoussi has a great range of passing and a good shot on him. Think after he scores or sets up a couple he'll shine. He's not the quickest over the ground but he could turn out to be a proper wide playmaker in the Payet/Tadic mould.

Agree.

Looks ok at this stage in the PL. Remember Mane and Tadic didn't exactly set the world alight within a handful of games. Adequate and will hopefully improve.

Mane was involved in everything from the start and only helmets decided he was no good based on missing a sitter at Spurs (when he couldn't even see the ball). I seem to recall "worst player ever" getting an outing. If only, we'd have about 40 league titles.

As for Tadic, didn't he set up Clyne's goal in his first match up at Liverpool under Koeman? Not to mention that our stats for his first 14 matches with the club were Won 11 Drawn 1 Lost 2... Mane was involved in quite a few of those too.

Mane was involved in everything from the start and only helmets decided he was no good based on missing a sitter at Spurs (when he couldn't even see the ball). I seem to recall "worst player ever" getting an outing. If only, we'd have about 40 league titles.

As for Tadic, didn't he set up Clyne's goal in his first match up at Liverpool under Koeman? Not to mention that our stats for his first 14 matches with the club were Won 11 Drawn 1 Lost 2... Mane was involved in quite a few of those too.

Yeah but Tadic doesn't run alot and chase lost causes. So rubbish.

Not doing much is not a downgrade on Tadic, seeing as Tadic did not do much in the last two years.

It's amazing how players not playing suddenly become way better than they were, aside a 4-5 game burst at the end of last season Tadic had done the square root of f-all for over 2 years.

Hasn't shown a lot yet. Strong and has a good first touch - but seems to lack pace and his attacking runs and passes ineffective so far. Definite downgrade on Tadic, but must be given more time. Should have buried a header tonight.

The fact he outpowered the full back to win the header in the first place was encouraging, even though he should have scored.

He brings something a bit different to our other attacking midfielders.

The fact he outpowered the full back to win the header in the first place was encouraging, even though he should have scored.

He brings something a bit different to our other attacking midfielders.

Generous! Bong looked (on telly) one of the weakest players in the PL. God only knows what he (Bong) was doing on that header, Cedric-esque only more so.

Generous! Bong looked (on telly) one of the weakest players in the PL. God only knows what he (Bong) was doing on that header, Cedric-esque only more so.

Yeah, fine, but Tadic, Redmond, Ward Prowse etc. wouldn't have been making that run or winning the header.

He's not been a world beater, but he's been ok so far I think. Not sure what people expected from him? He came here with good pedegree, just needs to settle into the side and get used to this league. He's really no different to Tadic.

Expected a bit more tbh. Expected him to be a bit more positive on the ball, to take on and beat players. Don’t think I’ve seen create one good chance yet. The best that can be said is that he works hard and is neat and tidy. Still it’s early days.

Expected a bit more tbh. Expected him to be a bit more positive on the ball, to take on and beat players. Don’t think I’ve seen create one good chance yet. The best that can be said is that he works hard and is neat and tidy. Still it’s early days.

Yup - neat and tidy, but not really seen anything to suggest he has the passing range or creativity we might have expected, which is disappointing as he's got zero pace.

Hoj's goal yesterday a good case in point. Moi picks it up on the right, starts to run diagonally towards the area, gets about 30 yards out and then just floats a waist-high nothing ball towards the penalty spot that any one of about three defenders could've cleared. The fact that it then broke for Hoj to finally keep one down was very fortunate for us indeed.

Not doing much is not a downgrade on Tadic, seeing as Tadic did not do much in the last two years.

It's amazing how players not playing suddenly become way better than they were, aside a 4-5 game burst at the end of last season Tadic had done the square root of f-all for over 2 years.

I was in Holland last week and all of the papers had pictures of Tadic on the front page of the Sports section. He's been playing incredibly well and is fast becoming a bit of a hero. Why could he not do that for us?

I was in Holland last week and all of the papers had pictures of Tadic on the front page of the Sports section. He's been playing incredibly well and is fast becoming a bit of a hero. Why could he not do that for us?

Because he plays for Ajax and the standard of most of the Dutch league is probably worse than League 1.

It's probably why he went, it's like going to Celtic, it's an easy few years of success before he retires.

Bit of a meh player for me so far, a bit like many of the players we have signed in the last few years. Hojbjerg is improving though so there's hope once they adapt to the English game.

i dont get all this adapt thing at all .They are proffessional millionaire footballers who have been choosen to play football in whichever manner the manager of said club wishes to instruct them in surley?...like employing a bricklayer to be an electrician?...

seems man city players adapt very well

i dont get all this adapt thing at all .They are proffessional millionaire footballers who have been choosen to play football in whichever manner the manager of said club wishes to instruct them in surley?...like employing a bricklayer to be an electrician?...

terrible analogy. Its like a bricklayer being used to laying in one style and then being asked to lay in another style. Clearly they will be able to do it but they will get better at it while they get used to it. Still not a perfect analogy of course but to think footballers dont need to settle in is ludicrous. Playing styles of the league, club, partnership with full back etc, pace of play etc and a thousand other reasons why it is a situation that clearly takes place... probably doesnt show as much when youre cruising the league to be fair

That might be to do with the fact they cost £50m and are far better than the players we sign.

Also there is no other league like ours in the world - the pace and physicality is unrivaled. There are loads of players with the strength and speed to adapt that don't have the ability to shine, alternatively there are loads of players with the ability but lack of physical capability. Sure fire hits with both are out of our price range and signed by the big clubs. Anyone coming into this league from abroad has the same challenge.

Because he plays for Ajax and the standard of most of the Dutch league is probably worse than League 1.

It's probably why he went, it's like going to Celtic, it's an easy few years of success before he retires.

I agree with the Celtic comment, however, the standard is definitely not worse than League 1. I've been to three Eredivisie games this season and I have to say they've all been far more enjoyable than anything I've seen in the Premier league in the last decade. Better atmosphere, cheaper tickets, cheaper food and drink, free travel from Rotterdam station to the ground, all help to make it a more attractive proposition. It's cheaper for me to fly from Dublin to Amsterdam and travel to Rotterdam to watch Feyenoord than it is to fly from Dublin to the UK to watch Saints, which is a sad reflection on the English game.

He's been bang average so far, even if he did apparently have the most completed crosses in the Premier League this season before this weekend. Probably our worst player in an excellent first half yesterday in that he didn't really do anything of note.

I was in Holland last week and all of the papers had pictures of Tadic on the front page of the Sports sectionp. He's been playing incredibly well and is fast becoming a bit of a hero. Why could he not do that for us?

I’ll take a wild guess at the Dutch league being utterly inferior to ours thereby making it easier for Tadic to become a bit of a hero.

I think he is good. When he finds his feet he will be a good player for us. Also does a lot of work defensively, which given how ****e Cedric is these days is a very important point.

This place is miserable at the moment. All the fans who couldn't see where we were headed under Reed and Co are just moaning rather than accepting and supporting the players. No wonder we struggle at home...

• 1 month later...