Les Reed has lost his powers?

Heisenberg

Whether his role has changed or not, there has been a clear change in strategy. We have reverted back to signing players who've hit their glass ceiling at the club's there at, rather than squad players not wanted at other clubs.

Its the policy we had in the first few seasons after promotion and characterised signings like Clyne and Jayrod.

Not sure why it has changed, but it has.

Maybe its the new balance between Hughes and Reed. Maybe Reed has had his wings clipped? And maybe he realised he was doing a terrible job and went back to what worked before.

Either way. The club are presiding over a good window so far. Credit where it is due. And I for one am glad the strategy has been revised and improved!

Whether his role has changed or not, there has been a clear change in strategy. We have reverted back to signing players who've hit their glass ceiling at the club's there at, rather than squad players not wanted at other clubs.

Its the policy we had in the first few seasons after promotion and characterised signings like Clyne and Jayrod.

Not sure why it has changed, but it has.

Maybe its the new balance between Hughes and Reed. Maybe Reed has had his wings clipped? And maybe he realised he was doing a terrible job and went back to what worked before.

Either way. The club are presiding over a good window so far. Credit where it is due. And I for one am glad the strategy has been revised and improved!

Ralph suggested in his post season interview the policy changed because the club wanted to build a team and tried to sign players/ give new contracts to player who where happy to stay longer rather than use the club as a stepping stone clearly that didn't work so maybe we are going back to what worked before.

I've been a defender of Les when he has received vitriole from fans these last few years and in an attempt to be a bit consistent I think we should temper the praise. Threse players we've signed have all been tracked for a number of years by a team of professionals at the club. Credit goes to the set up at Saints not to any one individual - albeit it that he is part of the tewm so deserves to share the credit.

Personally I dont see any problem in making money out of players using us as a stepping stone. We do seem to buy low and sell high. I like the turnover - as much as I like the loyal players who stay with us for the full length of their contract.

Les in on garden leave - he'll be gone soon.

If true

giphy.gif

Genuinely can't see the club moving forward while he is still involved. The signings this summer + Tadic leaving without his name and reputation being damaged all suggests Leslie has been benched.

Old les has his mug over every signing since Cortese left.

Something has definitely changed and that's a real positive for us.

ITK or speculating?

Heard it too many times from different places to ignore. His general absence with only the odd appearance in the background makes me think it's true. The way Ralph has stepped in to take on some of his duties and then Les not being the one to welcome new players backs it up even further. My guess is Ralph pinned last seasons **** up on him due to persisting with MP and convincing the club he will come good, diverting the reason for poor morale and performances on VVD and then backing the signing of Carillo. Also heard Hughes wouldn't sign up if Les had anything to do with players and the team.

All makes sense to me - seen it loads it the corporate world - but just my view.

Heard it too many times from different places to ignore. His general absence with only the odd appearance in the background makes me think it's true. The way Ralph has stepped in to take on some of his duties and then Les not being the one to welcome new players backs it up even further. My guess is Ralph pinned last seasons **** up on him due to persisting with MP and convincing the club he will come good, diverting the reason for poor morale and performances on VVD and then backing the signing of Carillo. Also heard Hughes wouldn't sign up if Les had anything to do with players and the team.

All makes sense to me - seen it loads it the corporate world - but just my view.

File under speculating then.

I was told in May that Reed was being "encouraged to secure alternative employment" as the club didn't want to sack him in lieu of previous successes at the club.

What that actually means in reality I've no idea.

Thanks for the update VFTT. Always a reliable ITK

I was told in May that Reed was being "encouraged to secure alternative employment" as the club didn't want to sack him in lieu of previous successes at the club.

That was after he turned down Gao’s offer to start up an SFC YMCA Soccer School in Helmand.

Maybe him applying for that job he didn't get ****ed off people at the club.

He's probably been applying for jobs for years and not getting them. That's why I can't see how the club can get rid of him that way. Surely, if they don't have the heart to sack him, he should be encouraged to retire?

He's probably been applying for jobs for years and not getting them. That's why I can't see how the club can get rid of him that way. Surely, if they don't have the heart to sack him, he should be encouraged to retire?

Why? What's he done wrong now? I'm very pleased with the summer so far

Why? What's he done wrong now? I'm very pleased with the summer so far.

That's because he is in none of the fotos, which implies that no longer is able to buy Carillos, Boufals and Hoedt's (£51m + wages) and give "Tree-Trunk" a 4 yr contract extension(£13.5 +m) in wages for a useless lump.

£64.5m wasted by that tosser and you are happy with him? Shrink anybody?

That's because he is in none of the fotos, which implies that no longer is able to buy Carillos, Boufals and Hoedt's (£51m + wages) and give "Tree-Trunk" a 4 yr contract extension(£13.5 +m) in wages for a useless lump.

I suspect the only people in need of a shrink are those obsessing about the Vice-Chairman (football), and the detail of his day to day role based upon his appearance or otherwise in transfer pics.

Edited by Faz

Larry- do you want me to call 999 for you and have the emergency services come pick you up? Happy to help.

As I understand he's actually known since January that he we wouldn't stand in his way if he found another job. Or to put it another way the club don't want to sack him and want him to leave on his own good terms. Despite all the sh*t written on mongboards where everything they went right was inspite of Les and everything that went wrong because of him up until the end of 2016/17 his CV looked very good at saints. However you'd struggle to find anyone since then who would disagree a parting of ways is best for all parties.

The attitude of some fans towards a bloke nearing retirement age has been quite frankly a disgrace. Some have spent the best part of a decade doing all they can to discredit him, making up lies, blaming him for everything, we've had everything from fake scouting reports with made up matches to make his signings look bad to supposed conversations that took place at England training camps which have somehow got back to people who post on the saints forums to make him look stupid! The latest hobby horse for some was attacking his son, now an agent, because he now has a couple of saints academy players on his books. Nasty, vindictive and vile. Still he'll be gone soon, which is no doubt best for all parties, but I for one think the way he's been treated by a few individuals is disgusting. I wonder who their next victim will be though.

As I understand he's actually known since January that he we wouldn't stand in his way if he found another job. Or to put it another way the club don't want to sack him and want him to leave on his own good terms. Despite all the sh*t written on mongboards where everything they went right was inspite of Les and everything that went wrong because of him up until the end of 2016/17 his CV looked very good at saints. However you'd struggle to find anyone since then who would disagree a parting of ways is best for all parties.

The attitude of some fans towards a bloke nearing retirement age has been quite frankly a disgrace. Some have spent the best part of a decade doing all they can to discredit him, making up lies, blaming him for everything, we've had everything from fake scouting reports with made up matches to make his signings look bad to supposed conversations that took place at England training camps which have somehow got back to people who post on the saints forums to make him look stupid! The latest hobby horse for some was attacking his son, now an agent, because he now has a couple of saints academy players on his books. Nasty, vindictive and vile. Still he'll be gone soon, which is no doubt best for all parties, but I for one think the way he's been treated by a few individuals is disgusting. I wonder who their next victim will be though.

Top, top post. Well said Sir.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

We have a sensitive bunch of fans that's for sure.

If a guy (or gal) ****s up badly on the job then I will let them know. It's not "nasty, vindictive and vile" lol

Les has performed badly past 2-3 years and his time at SFC is up.

giphy.gif

Talking of obsessives, has anyone bothered to count how many times H*****berg has contributed to this thread?
Once you start a rumour you need to continue to add fuel (more rumour and supposition) to the fire, otherwise the rumour will just peter out. Ergo you need multiple posts (and logins, some would say).

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Top post Turkish

• 2 weeks later...