Marlon to sign for €12m

marc_saint

Barça is one step away from closing the sale of Brazilian Marlon for 12 million euros, plus bonuses. Finally, as SPORT has learned, its destination will be the English Southampton, which has already submitted a formal offer to close the operation.*Marlon's agents were in Barcelona on Thursday and met directly with Barça president Josep Maria Bartomeu to formalise the details of the operation. It is expected that in the coming days the documents will be signed and an economically beneficial transfer to Barcelona will be announced.

The Blaugrana club picked up a few days ago Marlon, who had him on loan at Nice.*The reason was that they were about to sell him. There was a firm interest from West Ham, but finally it will be Southampton who will take the transferred player. Barça will not have any repurchase option, but it will have some bonuses depending on the performance that could make the operation higher.

Marlon signed for Barça for 6 million euros.*He had no opportunities in the first team and almost always played in the subsidiary. They gave him to Nice to revalue him and the operation has been a success. Barça not only recovers the investment but will double the money it paid for the Brazilian. Marlon is on vacation but is scheduled to travel immediately to England.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-vendera-marlon-southampton-por-millones-euros-6916272

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Edited by marc_saint

We've got two centre halves in the world Cup Yoshi and Bednarek playing against each other Poland vJapan, we've got our own Jack S and we've got Hoedt who did well at the crucial end of season. Will we have overload?

We're suddenly not hanging around are we? I'm sure I remember Barca signing him from a brazilian club, where he was looked at as their replacement for Carols Puyol - i'm sure it's the same one, he was rated as a hell of a talent when they signed him. Bit of a beast, but can be a tad rash.

Here's a video for him from his time in Brazil -

That's just what we've been lacking...

Hope the lad's got a hell of a jump on him.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Yeh it is a bit worrying, still hope the Danish guy rumours are true and that is who we get in as he seems to have the physical presence our other CBs don't have.

This guy has never played for Barca either, just their B team.

We've got two centre halves in the world Cup Yoshi and Bednarek playing against each other Poland vJapan, we've got our own Jack S and we've got Hoedt who did well at the crucial end of season. Will we have overload?

If another centre back signs, I think it is likely we'd sell one of them.

Midfielder mascherano?

:mcinnes:

No, 5 foot 9 centre back Javier Mascherano. He played centre back for Barcelona, not just occasionally.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/how-javier-mascherano-defied-size-remain-barcelonas-immovable-force-back

https://tribuna.com/fcbarcelona/en/news/2579588/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2619481-why-pique-and-mascherano-is-barcelonas-best-centre-back-partnership

Edited by Matthew Le God

Doesn't mean that is his position, he started as a midfielder, then went CB and now a Midfielder again.

Loads of players did this, Chris Sutton was a Striker and a CB. Come on Pal, don't be silly.

Doesn't mean that is his position, he started as a midfielder, then went CB and now a Midfielder again.

Loads of players did this, Chris Sutton was a Striker and a CB. Come on Pal, don't be silly.

He played a large number of games as a centre back, I don't see how it is relevant to counter my point my saying he also played in midfield. My point was that he is relatively short, yet still was a centre back for one of the world's best teams.

Shane Long is short(ish), but he is very effective in the air. Aerial presence isn't always down to size, it is how you attack the ball, the willingness and timing to do so and the size of the leap you have.

He played a large number of games as a centre back, I don't see how it is relevant to counter my point my saying he also played in midfield. My point was that he is relatively short, yet still was a centre back for one of the world's best teams.

Shane Long is short(ish), but he is very effective in the air. Aerial presence isn't always down to size, it is how you attack the ball, the willingness and timing to do so and the size of the leap you have.

You referenced two defenders that have never or rarely played CB in the premiership thou, so your argument is a mess. Sorry Pal.

Shane long has scored about 2 goals in the last 2018 years, so yet again a mess.

Your heads gone.

Firstly why are you picking outliers -it demonstrates very little other than the banalest of banalities that there are exceptions to the rule; and secondly why are you focusing on a league that’s fundamentally different from the PL which is known for its physicality?

Edited by shurlock

You referenced two defenders that have never or rarely played CB in the premiership thou, so your argument is a mess. Sorry Pal.

They played in the Italian and Spanish top leagues, Champions League and for Italy & Argentina. That is a very high level of football. If they can manage that then football in the English top league wouldn't remotely be a problem for them.

It hasn't been called the Premiership since 2007. So don't call me a "mess"! :rolleyes: :mcinnes:

Shane long has scored about 2 goals in the last 2018 years, so yet again a mess.

My point was about his heading ability, not his goalscoring, so that is completely irrelevant.

Your heads gone.

I think you need to look closer to home, because nearly every troll post you make has a fundamental flaw and/or multiple factual errors in it.

Edited by Matthew Le God

They played in the Italian and Spanish top leagues, Champions League and for Italy & Argentina. That is a very high level of football. If they can manage that then football in the English top league wouldn't remotely be a problem for them.

It hasn't been called the Premiership since 2007. So don't call be a "mess"! :rolleyes: :mcinnes:

My point was about his heading ability, not his goalscoring, so that is completely irrelevant.

I think you need to look closer to home, because nearly every troll post you make has a fundamental flaw and/or multiple factual errors in it.

Where do i start with this cluster mess of horrendousness. Jebus.

I can name plenty a player that has struggled in Premiership that has played in the Champions Cup, Uefa Cup or Intertoto cup. Hows that for your OCD?

Shane Long maybe able to Jump about 100ft in the air but he has a 50p head, so no point using him in any football skill based argument ever.

I'm not trolling, when someone debates with you that isn't "trolling" by default.

We need a Gardos replacement, so we'll have the same number of CBs as we usually

FWIW with all those Rivelino and Jairzinho stepovers this was the kind of centre back I was when I first got shoved in there from playing up front, to save the chairman on my goal bonus. Never managed to get a glorious heel chop in like the one at 2'18 though. :lol:

He doesn't seem to be the quickest (Uruguay number 11 murdered him for pace then had a terrible touch to give the ball back), but he looks like a decent passer and strong enough to lean strikers off the ball. Why not?

He is almost 3 inches taller than centre backs Fabio Cannavaro and Javier Mascherano.

You mean noted shortar5e Cannavaro and "only a centre back in Barcelona's system" defensive midfielder Mascherano? I'd say your use of those two would say he was on the shorter side. Doesn't bother me though, he could always step into midfield if heading's not his game.