Saints in China

Professor

Their first goal shows, in a nutshell, why Stephens is a liability at centre back. No positional discipline at all. Goes wandering off doing nothing and leaving a massive gap. Maybe Hoedt could have spotted it quicker but you can't spend 90 minutes covering someone else's ineptitude.

Some clown on here was still trying to say Stephens is as good as Maguire, yesterday

He is a very poor CB and amazed we have persisted with him for as long as we have

Agree, why does he even try to head it into play. Just head it behind.

Hoedt was very passive for the first, went towards Boakye who was already being marked by Bertrand. He isn't very good at being the central player in a back-three. He steps out of position too often leaving gigantic holes in behind.

Armstrong looks good, Gabbiadini okay, Redmond sloppy and Lemina doesn't look intressed at all.

Romeu, Stephens and Hoedt not good enough. Targett and JWP to slow to play wingbacks. McCarthy couldn't do anything about the goals.

Agree, why does he even try to head it into play. Just head it behind.

Hoedt was very passive for the first, went towards Boakye who was already being marked by Bertrand. He isn't very good at being the central player in a back-three. He steps out of position too often leaving gigantic holes in behind.

Hoedt could have been quicker but where the f**k did Stephens go? He's playing on the right of the 3 CBs. Huge gap there for the simplest of through balls.

Hojbjerg and Austin on for Romeu and Gabbi?

McQueen on too

Oh, and Forster...

25 yard shot to fly past him sweepstake?

Stephen Davis not getting a look in, Is he off ?

Maybe he's injured? Didn't feature at all in the 1st match.

Thoughts so far after watching the full game.

(1) Armstrong is going to be a good player for us

(2) Need Vestergaard and Marlon at the back

(3) Give Gabby a chance and he will score.

(4) Austin is going downhill fast

(5) Gallagher is a good option off the bench

(6) Beginning to think Stephens is a major weak link

Also just catching up with it. Am I the only one who thinks FF is going to cock it up every time the ball gets near him?

Judging by some of the comments about him on here over the last two seasons, I would say it's a fair bet that it's not just you.

Their first goal shows, in a nutshell, why Stephens is a liability at centre back. No positional discipline at all. Goes wandering off doing nothing and leaving a massive gap. Maybe Hoedt could have spotted it quicker but you can't spend 90 minutes covering someone else's ineptitude.

Said it before but I totally agree. Stephens is the wink link in our back 4/5, a really poor defender at the level we want to be at. Cant read the game, poor positionally, poor in the air and weak in the tackle. I really do want him to do well but he's just never going to be good enough.

Thoughts so far after watching the full game.

(1) Armstrong is going to be a good player for us

(2) Need Vestergaard and Marlon at the back

(3) Give Gabby a chance and he will score.

(4) Austin is going downhill fast

(5) Gallagher is a good option off the bench

(6) Beginning to think Stephens is a major weak link

And how many times have you ever seen Vestergaard and Marlon play? Typical saints web nutter who thinks anyone is better than we already have despite never having seen them play before.

Proper headcases on here

And how many times have you ever seen Vestergaard and Marlon play? Typical saints web nutter who thinks anyone is better than we already have despite never having seen them play before.

Proper headcases on here

i was just wondering... there are so many people on here talking up Marlon, Vestergaard, Gunn... how many of them have seen them play consistently?

Proper headcases on here

Were you part of the Jack Stephens is better than Harry Maguire brigade pal?

i was just wondering... there are so many people on here talking up Marlon, Vestergaard, Gunn... how many of them have seen them play consistently?

Faith in the new players is still at an all time high, despite the signings (past 2-3) years being generally poor.

A case of things can only get better?

Why did you slag him off Eko? Have you seen him play?

Whats your thoughts? Reports from Germany look promising?

I said he was a clown, which in fairness he is, probably another infraction for that. Lanky gangly and slow, exactly what we don't need. But i could be wrong, might adapt very quick. Only thing he has over Stephens and Hoedt, he can out jump them both standing.

Not a clue.

Proper headcases on here

Are we not allowed to offer an opinion without being called names.

I thought it was a forum to offer your views on Saints matters?