New Kitchen

Suhari

Looking to get my kitchen sorted out..new units, tops, sink, oven, hood, probably boiler too etc.

Any recommendations or suggestions for a company to give me some design/fitting quotes? Guessing the usual suspects.....Homebase, Wren...?

Looking to get my kitchen sorted out..new units, tops, sink, oven, hood, probably boiler too etc.

Any recommendations or suggestions for a company to give me some design/fitting quotes? Guessing the usual suspects.....Homebase, Wren...?

As said wren. We used them and got what we needed

Benchmark v good unless you want more expensive. Definitely don’t use Homebase.

Definately do not use Homebase! We did our kitchen and living room last year, buying the units and installation from Sparkworld in Newton Abbot. I don’t know if they go any further east than Yeovil but for less than Homebase wanted we got granite from Spain and system six units. Installation was excellent too.

Do not use Wren. I work within this industry and some of the things I’ve seen about them ain’t great, just Facebook them.

Use a local independent or Howdens. [emoji1303]

Want any help or advice just direct message me. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do not use Wren! Shocking!

B&Q very hit and miss. One friend couldn't speak highly enough of them, another is still unable to use his new kitchen as they haven't delivered his worktops - 8 weeks and counting - and no end in sight, poor customer service

Benchmarx are part of Travis Perkins - good quality for the price

Howdens - what service you get depends on the individual branch/franchise, but do not buy their Lamona appliances - they're effing terrible and customer service is not good

B&Q decent if you’re buying off the shelf, their delivery service is woeful and their fitters hit & miss. Although I believe they’re knocking their home fit service on the head. Wren make you feel important, great customer service initially and you’ll save time or money on the fitting as the units come already assembled. Have seen poor reports but never had an issue myself. My brother in law has a kitchen fitting business and swears by Howdens, but I believe they’re Trade only.

Personally I’ve found B & Q cheapest, but they don’t really have sales anymore. You can play them off against Wren but you need to be careful you’re comparing like for like. We had a great lady do our design, and had no problems with delivery as I made sure the one we bought was in store for me to take away then and there. One tip my Brother in law gave me was buy expensive handles as it makes even the cheapest kitchen look great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't think you can go wrong with Howdens, but as Lord D says, think they're trade only. We had a Howdens kitchen but went through a local building company to arrange it. Solid kitchen, nothing poncey!

We've just had a new kitchen finished a couple of weeks ago. Used a local company, not cheap but a fantastic job and well planned considering it is small. I'm sure we could have got cheaper but I wanted quality. Interia in the Locks Heath Centre.

Not sure why Howdens get praised. Have a look at one of their cabinets with the top off and the back is very thin compared to Benchmarx and Magnet. They are very flimsy. Benchmarx are a very sturdy construction. Magnet not too far behind.

Just be careful of your ‘fitter’ whacking a load on top of the kitchen price for ‘supplying’ it even though the actual supplier will do all the designing and the delivery of it.

Benchmarx are the trade arm of Homebase kitchens. It’s the same stuff.

Really? Take your word for it. They seemed crp to me but that wasn’t based on worktops etc. More quality of sales, pricing and didn’t appear to even want to measure up at your house . Benchmark far more personal and guess a lot down to the fitter they recommend.

Not sure why Howdens get praised. Have a look at one of their cabinets with the top off and the back is very thin compared to Benchmarx and Magnet. They are very flimsy. Benchmarx are a very sturdy construction. Magnet not too far behind.

Just be careful of your ‘fitter’ whacking a load on top of the kitchen price for ‘supplying’ it even though the actual supplier will do all the designing and the delivery of it.

Dont agree we just had one fitted after comparing against loads.

Plus the Totton designer came up with ideas no-one else did.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm getting Benchmarx and Wren round to measure and give me design ideas.

Although I expect that I'll buy from DIY Kitchens and do some of the fitting myself. Will need to find a carpenter to do the worktops, and a plasterer to do the ceiling.....got a friend who can fit and certify the new boiler.

Lots to do...should be fun though!

Although I expect that I'll buy from DIY Kitchens and do some of the fitting myself.

The builder who rebuilt my house (not a chippie so no vested interest) told me "a good fitter can make a cheap kitchen look great, but a bad fitter will make an expensive kitchen look awful". He was right, my Homebase kitchen looks amazing with a decent worktop. Ive no idea how good your DIY skills are but maybe something to think about. also, you can never have too many sockets in a kitchen. Think about how many appliances you've got and where they will go then add some more for occasionally used things like blenders, smoothie machines etc