Best Record Buy

paulwantsapint

Probably Virgil in terms of the player, though the other two you mention were also excellent. Going back to our first 1m player Alan Mcloughlin pretty much all our record buys have been cr*p.

I always thought that with Alan Mcloughlin we had to pay Swindon a big lump after he had played 30 games. He got to 27 games and they did not risk reaching 30. He ended up being very good down the road. What could have been

David Armstrong at £600k - great player' date=' then Barry Horne (as our subsequent record signing at £700k) was very good too. Armstrong for me, though.[/quote']

There is no contest. Unless I am remembering him wrongly as a record buy it has to be Ron Davies.

From my time following Saints the best record signing - David Armstrong.

But in truth I'd have to accept Ron Davies (he was playing for us when I started following Saints, but had signed a few years before).

Rodriguez was awful in his first season.

Wanyama and Van Dijk were never our record signings.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

No he wasn’t, he was excellent from January onwards.

Didn't Rodriguez and Ramirez start the same season? With Ramirez being the record buy, not Rodriguez. Ramirez had the better season of the two, statistically as well. Not one of our best though.

Surely Keegan was a record signing though?

They signed the same summer, Rodriguez signed first and broke our transfer record, previously Rory Delap. Ramirez signed a month or so later. Ramirez actually did quite well in his first series but it soon became apparent he didn’t have the high press running style pochetino wanted. Rodriguez started slowly but was very good end of that season and the folllowing one.

They signed the same summer, Rodriguez signed first and broke our transfer record, previously Rory Delap. Ramirez signed a month or so later. Ramirez actually did quite well in his first series but it soon became apparent he didn’t have the high press running style pochetino wanted. Rodriguez started slowly but was very good end of that season and the folllowing one.

Thanks

Didn't realise Jrod was record. Didn't think Van Dijk, or Wanyama were either. My theory was that all our record signings were total flops and we should't make any more.

I thought it went Delgado, Ramirez, Osvaldo, Bouffal, Lemina, Carillo.

Which is a real bad bunch, best being Ramirez, Bouffal or Lemina but basically all flops to say they are record signings.

David Bowie Scary Monsters gatefold. Actually bought brand new (from Subway) and sold to 2nd hand record shop (Replays) later for more than I paid. Apparently it was rare.

Good old days when life was simpler and no one was fighting on the internet.