Jack Wilshire

saintchris23

Could be nothing in it, but my old man who still lives in Soton said that he saw Jack Wilshire at the petrol station on Lodge Road the other day.

I didn’t read anything into it until I saw that he’s been released by Arsenal which had escaped me during my holidays. I live close to the Arsenal training ground and have bumped into Jack twice whilst in a coffee shop and he’s come across as a good lad, happy to pose for photos, one with my wife and once with my heavily pregnant friend so his attitude seems a good fit - minus the smoking maybe.

Thoughts? Similar position Lamina and Romeo I’d have thought, unless he’s the Tadic replacement and we change our formation for next season maybe?

Anyway, just thought I’d share.

Could be nothing in it, but my old man who still lives in Soton said that he saw Jack Wilshire at the petrol station on Lodge Road the other day.

I didn’t read anything into it until I saw that he’s been released by Arsenal which had escaped me during my holidays. I live close to the Arsenal training ground and have bumped into Jack twice whilst in a coffee shop and he’s come across as a good lad, happy to pose for photos, one with my wife and once with my heavily pregnant friend so his attitude seems a good fit - minus the smoking maybe.

Thoughts? Similar position Lamina and Romeo I’d have thought, unless he’s the Tadic replacement and we change our formation for next season maybe?

Anyway, just thought I’d share.

This is what the Saints Forum should be about, not slagging off players and staff but insight like this. It seems feasible.

To be honest he should be at the World Cup, 2nd half again England were crying out for someone in centre-mid you can travel with the ball and create.

But I'd have him at Saints, a quality player despite the injuries. By all accounts was Arsenal's best player last year.

Don't think it will happen though, wages are probably an issue.

Slightly odd how Jack Wilshire's career seems to have gone downhill. He's only 26 and should be at his peak. Seems not to have been rated by Arsenal for some time because he was loaned to Bournemouth for 2016/17, doing quite well for them, but then just a bit part player at Arsenal last season. West Ham were only prepared to offer him a one-year contract, allegedly due to doubts over his fitness. Whether the move to Fenerbahce is still on isn't clear as he was supposed to have been out there but I don't think there's been any announcement.

None of this explains why he'd be in Tesco's filling station in Lodge Road but there are plenty of good reasons to come to Southampton other than football. Saints seem to have midfield well covered so doubt he was here to visit the club.

Reports said he was leaving arsenal because he wouldn't take a pay cut from £120,000 a week to a mere £100,000 a week, for a new contract (presumably they wanted him to take a cut because he's injured so often ) so I suspect he's out of our pay range

Reports said he was leaving arsenal because he wouldn't take a pay cut from £120,000 a week to a mere £100,000 a week, for a new contract (presumably they wanted him to take a cut because he's injured so often ) so I suspect he's out of our pay range

Actually the reports I have read said that he agreed the pay cut but wanted more assurances about game time and the new manager basically said he wasn't in his plans, which suggests he is more looking for regular game time than a huge wage.

Actually the reports I have read said that he agreed the pay cut but wanted more assurances about game time and the new manager basically said he wasn't in his plans, which suggests he is more looking for regular game time than a huge wage.

Regular games when he isn't injured you mean. Just seems to expect to walk into any side after weeks of absence each time.

Good point but he still hasn't played many games over that period, and at a time when his ability to recover from injury is at it's peak

Wilshere played 38 times last season and 29 the previous season. There are a lot of our players who didn't play that many. Clearly his recent record demonstrates that he is not the physio room lurker that some would have you believe. He's had injury plagued seasons in the past, but things move on, something that some of the hard of thinking posters on here fail to understand. I might not like jack Wilshere the person, but would I like him to play for us, you bet, with knobs on.

Wilshere in talks with West Ham.

Wilshere in talks to West Ham

Jack Wilshere has held talks with Manuel Pellegrini to discuss a move to West Ham, writes Mirror Football’s John Cross.

Former Arsenal midfielder Wilshere , who is now a free agent, is now considering his next move with the Hammers and Turkey’s Fenerbahce both keen.

The Istanbul club have already made a huge offer, while West Ham are now putting a package together they hope will persuade Wilshere to stay in London and the Premier League.

New boss Pellegrini has outlined his plans and they are expected to come back with a concrete offer.

Wilshere is likely to wait on West Ham before making a final decision.

Fenerbahce is an option but the 26-year-old also wants to think about his young family and how moving abroad might affect his England futur