Saints Already Replacing LED Floodlights ?

pluto

All the matchday LED floodlights that were installed in 2014 have been removed at the stadium.

The 'car park' floodlighting company that installed them went into admin last year.

This implies to me that the floodlights were installed on an lease/maintain type contract. With the company in administration the assets have been removed and taken back as part of some contractual clause.

Still years away from reliability being anywhere near the level people believe they'll be getting.

Not sure where you get that info (I know very little about it) but many modern airliners and airport lighting systems have already upgraded to LEDs these days.

*Administration was 3/4 months ago but company was a goner last year

I found it strange such a company was used that normally installed car park floodlights and other minor commercial buildings.

They had no experience whatsoever in dealing with football stadia and as a premier league club you would fully expect to see purpose designed LED lighting from the likes of philips etc

I hope that any new installation can go around the four rooftops and not be recessed under the roofing because that really was a visual distraction to the eyes.

*Administration was 3/4 months ago but company was a goner last year

I found it strange such a company was used that normally installed car park floodlights and other minor commercial buildings.

They had no experience whatsoever in dealing with football stadia and as a premier league club you would fully expect to see purpose designed LED lighting from the likes of philips etc

I hope that any new installation can go around the four rooftops and not be recessed under the roofing because that really was a visual distraction to the eyes.

I expect they were cheap.

#seasideB&B

Replacing them with a cheaper and hopefully better version we can sell for millions in two seasons, no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly, Liverpool have bought these ones from us as they were so impressed by them as they even made Lovren look good.

Not sure where you get that info (I know very little about it) but many modern airliners and airport lighting systems have already upgraded to LEDs these days.
Its my job.

Lots of people buy Fords but they're still sh1t and break all the time.

• 4 weeks later...
Its my job.

It's my job too. Perhaps we know each other?

Whilst early high-power LEDs were quite long-lived, they weren't very colour stable and a bit lacking in the red(!) part of the spectrum. Newer ones should be more efficient, stable and have a fuller spectrum. Probably needed for 4k/UHD broadcasts I guess.

Its my job.

Can back that up, bought Aurora bulbs 6 years ago when they were a relatively new toy, on the recommendation of top end Sparks (use them because they were good not how cheap they are) Few folks thought I was bonkers paying the price I did, touchwood all 6 in one light bar have been good as gold, certainly prefer to be paying for 42watts over 150w of GU10s probably paid for themselves by now.

Can back that up, bought Aurora bulbs 6 years ago when they were a relatively new toy, on the recommendation of top end Sparks (use them because they were good not how cheap they are) Few folks thought I was bonkers paying the price I did, touchwood all 6 in one light bar have been good as gold, certainly prefer to be paying for 42watts over 150w of GU10s probably paid for themselves by now.

The prices have certainly come down now. Most lamps and fittings are a third of what they cost even just 2 years ago.

The main problem with LED is that smaller companies were (and some still are) offering 5-7 year guarantees, making it seem like LED was very reliable. When that just isn't the case yet, not for commercial use anyway.

Any reputable lighting companies (thorn, philips, dextra etc) offer a more realistic 2-3 years on most products and 5 on some of those that don't require a driver to run which is the part most likely to fail quicker than the LED itself.

Pretty dark in SMS right now!

Think they need a bit of tinkering with the corners, and a line across the penalty boxes seemed dark compared to the middle of the pitch. That said I quite liked the subdued lighting effect sat up on row EE up in the stand, bit like watching a film on my big TV with the the lights dimmed.

The prices have certainly come down now. Most lamps and fittings are a third of what they cost even just 2 years ago.

The main problem with LED is that smaller companies were (and some still are) offering 5-7 year guarantees, making it seem like LED was very reliable. When that just isn't the case yet, not for commercial use anyway.

Any reputable lighting companies (thorn, philips, dextra etc) offer a more realistic 2-3 years on most products and 5 on some of those that don't require a driver to run which is the part most likely to fail quicker than the LED itself.

The words of a true led salesman.....LeDaz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the lights last night to have a distinctly 'yellowy' tinge but were pretty effective !

The big downside for me (sitting in the Kingsland) was that the red 'carpet' seemed to glow so brightly that it distracted my eyeline away from the pitch !