The Tour de France 2018

Winnersaint

It's nearly upon us again, rather overshadowed by the WC this year, but La Grande Boucle begins on Saturday. So predictions for jerseys and stage winners day to day.

Yellow - Yates

Green - Gaviria

Polka Dot - Roglic and podium

White - Bernal

Stage one is interesting and although looks like one for Kittel et al there are a 100kms of following the Atlantic Coast south eastwards which means cross headwinds and echelons if the prevailing wind blows. Could favour Demoulin, Froome and Thomas over Movistar's lightweights.

• 2 weeks later...

After a day like today it's hard to say what's going to happen.. logically now you'd think Sky or Dumoulin but with Froome and Dumoulin having gone nuts in Italy not long ago and with G being one of those guys who can never quite seem to last 3 weeks, I wonder if it's a lot more open than it looks.

At least I hope it is. Although if G won it would be nice for him.

Great stage today. I’ll be surprised if Dumoulain can attack again tomorrow. Hope Sky allow Thomas to race for the yellow jersey, it could be very tight this year.

Looking forward to tomorrow’s stage with the riders going up Alpe d huez.

Cav and Kittel eliminated for being outside the time limit.

As for SKY, I think they'll allow G to keep the Maillot Jaune for now, but Froome will then go for it on the last 2 competitive stages - the last big mountain stage, ( d'Aspin, Tourmalet, and D'Aubisque ), then the ITT on the day after.

Edited by badgerx16

Final week... still not sure about any of the top 3, although there have been tougher final weeks. Roglic could be a really good shout at this point, depending how he TTs?

G could have more work to do now Mouscon has been expelled from the Tour. Don’t understand why Sky brought him to the tour, the guy is known for being a bit of an idiot and now he gets expelled after hitting a fellow rider. They should have brought Ian Stannard as he can do the same job as Mouscon.

Sky now have to decide which rider has got to do more work for the other.

Hope G gets to keep the yellow jersey and wins the tour.

After today’s stage Froome has said he will ride for Thomas after loosing 30 odd seconds. If Thomas can get through Fridays stage without loosing time, it’s just the time trial that could stop him loosing the yellow jersey. With him, Dumoulin and Froome being good time trialists, this is going to be a very good stage.