Jannik Vestergaard - Official: Signs for Leicester

ChiefScummer

Still no Les....

but i've got a good feeling about this lad. When we were linked with Gibson, Marlon and Vestergard this lad was always my choice. Seems to cover the most obvious holes we had at the back in terms of height and physical presence. Only slight concern will be his lack of pace, but maybe we plan to use Ryan as a third CB to cover for that.

But overall we mean business this summer. We've gone about filling some obvious gaps and adding some genuine first team quality, not just squad players. We still need a proper centre forward though...

Cynical no, realistic yes.

I can't see any of our squad as loyal until they turn down a big six or more money move.

As you would. It's not about our squad, it's not about SFC, it's not even about football - it's about people in every walk of life. If you are offered 'more', 'bigger', 'better' you'd be foolish to dismiss it out of hand purely on a 'loyalty' basis. Would you? I doubt it.

Yoshi has been outstanding in his application, and in later years, his performances for us. If a bigger, better offer came in and he decided the time was right then that's his prerogative, I wouldn't begrudge him in any way, shape or form.

Naturally, every so often a VvD will come by, and I agree that fans deserve much better than what he gave. But, luckily for us and football, he is the exception rather than the rule.

Well I think we can move past the tight not willing to spend stuff right? Any club willing to throw 19m on Carrillo clearly isn't too worried about the money.

Some decent investments this summer. Still think we need to shift a few on to sign more though.

He looks decent, we're adding some much needed height and presence. Hope he's more of a leader than our other defenders?? Think we have enough in defence now. Some still young and improving but that's our level isn't it. Stephens might not be brilliant but he's good enough for 5th choice.

Now just a winger and/or striker. I'd settle for just Alcacer.

Even after the summers signings, still must be some change left in the VVD kitty to afford you some happy pills. Cheer up pal.

Edited by shurlock

My original reply was to the comment about how loyal he is and how we should reward him with the captaincy.

He isn't loyal (IMHO) as he was ready to jump ship (according to reports) if we were relegated.

I suspect he would have also left years ago if he was good enough for a better club.

Just because you're not good enough for a better club doesn't make you "loyal"

Decent guy yes (by all accounts) reliable over the years - kinda, loyal? probably not.

You really are a miserable fecker

My original reply was to the comment about how loyal he is and how we should reward him with the captaincy.

He isn't loyal (IMHO) as he was ready to jump ship (according to reports) if we were relegated.

I suspect he would have also left years ago if he was good enough for a better club.

Just because you're not good enough for a better club doesn't make you "loyal"

Decent guy yes (by all accounts) reliable over the years - kinda, loyal? probably not.

Actually nothing trolly about this, I like Yoshida but don’t pretend if Liverpool came in for him he wouldn’t want to leave.

"I look forward to spending some time here" haha alright we know you'll be off as soon as Scousehampton come in for you but didn't need to make it so obvious! :lol:

Seriously though very good signing. Surprised and pleased with our early business!

Well a weasely little git that uses Nivea said he would be happy to stay for the rest of his career so.......

I'm worried he's shrinking. Feel sure he was reported as 6'7" yesterday but only 6'6" today.

At that rate, by the start of the season he'll only be 4'. That's useless for a CB. Disastrous signing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm worried he's shrinking. Feel sure he was reported as 6'7" yesterday but only 6'6" today.

At that rate, by the start of the season he'll only be 4'. That's useless for a CB. Disastrous signing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes, I saw that too. Not sure it is a good idea signing a short arse!

Looks a good signing and boy did we need some height and power at the back. Hopefully he'll provide some leadership in that area which we've not had since Fonte left and probably since before Euro 2016.

Would like to see Boufal replaced with some raw pace and a striker with a few outs to lighten the wage bill such as Clasie, Forster (Grrr Les) and (with considerable regret) Davis.

Welcome to the club, Jannik Vestergaard!

Hopefully this signing will help to fix some of the problems our defence had defending high deliveries last season.

That’s 4 signings so far, all with reasonable prospects of being regulars in the starting 11. I’m encouraged.

Speaks very good English based on his joining video and is already mates with Hojberg so should settle quite quickly into the team.

He made some interesting comments about Hojberg telling him that Saints treat players like humans not machines and that was one of the reasons he agree to join. Shows we probably still have a bit of a 'family club' type atmosphere and maybe we do stuff a bit differently, focusing on players personalities not just their playing abilities. When you see the behind the scenes vids you do get the sense there is decent togetherness in the dressing room and most of them seem to get on well with each other.

Speaks good English, talks intelligently, has pretensions to be a leader, but humble enough to recognise that he needs to earn the respect of his team mates before being worthy of consideration. He seems a likeable guy with an easy manner about him, so should get on well with the other players, having a head start with his compatriot Hojbjerg. I have a feeling that he might well be as good as V V-D, but nicer with it.

Speaks good English, talks intelligently, has pretensions to be a leader, but humble enough to recognise that he needs to earn the respect of his team mates before being worthy of consideration. He seems a likeable guy with an easy manner about him, so should get on well with the other players, having a head start with his compatriot Hojbjerg. I have a feeling that he might well be as good as V V-D, but nicer with it.

Happy to take the other side of that bet Les.

"I look forward to spending some time here" haha alright we know you'll be off as soon as Scousehampton come in for you but didn't need to make it so obvious! :lol:

Seriously though very good signing. Surprised and pleased with our early business!

I thought that. What a weird thing to say. Guess it may be lost in translation but perhaps he too has been sold the old 'stepping stone' thing...! Looks decent signing on the face of it

I thought that. What a weird thing to say. Guess it may be lost in translation but perhaps he too has been sold the old 'stepping stone' thing...! Looks decent signing on the face of it

Of course he is using is as a stepping stone.

4 year deal means if he plays well, progresses.... will be gone after 2 seasons

If he becomes that good, fine by me

He doesn't need to be "sold it" it's obvious in itself.

Play well for two straight seasons and he could be on £££££££ and in the Champions League. If he delivers that he would have been brilliant for us.

Well- feels like a very long time since we bought before we sell!!!

Welcome into the team Jannik!

We sold VVD in January. Only just getting round to spending it given the January f-up.

By my calculations with the VVD money + Tadic £'s we are about even. Net nil spend

• Lighthouse changed the title to Jannik Vestergaard - Official: Signs for Leicester