Jannik Vestergaard - Official: Signs for Leicester

ChiefScummer

We sold VVD in January. Only just getting round to spending it given the January f-up.

By my calculations with the VVD money + Tadic £'s we are about even. Net nil spend

With about £30m+ to come in the form of boufal, clasie and Forster.

We sold VVD in January. Only just getting round to spending it given the January f-up.

By my calculations with the VVD money + Tadic £'s we are about even. Net nil spend

I agree

£67 m for VVD (Ie £75m less 10% sell on to Celtic)

£11m for Tadic

£78m

£19m for the wonderfully successful Argie CF

£18m for our new Danish CH

£16m for our Norwegian/Moroccan Winger

£10m for our new reserve goalie

£7m for Armstong

£70m

Allow for Vat, Transfer Levy, Signing on and Agent Fees etc etc and we are just about spent up.

Like last year we remain short of a 10+ goal a year striker!!

I agree

£11m for Tadic

£78m

£7m for Armstong

£70m

Allow for Vat, Transfer Levy, Signing on and Agent Fees etc etc and we are just about spent up.

Sell Boufal & Clasie. Spunk money on striker. Job done!

With about £30m+ to come in the form of boufal, clasie and Forster.

Don't know how you work that out Clasie could end up going on a free and Awfal and the Statue could well be loan deals where we pick up 75% of their wages.

I agree

£11m for Tadic

£78m

£7m for Armstong

£70m

What is Transfer Levy?

VAT?

Don't know how you work that out Clasie could end up going on a free and Awfal and the Statue could well be loan deals where we pick up 75% of their wages.

Guestimate based on c.£10m per player, which in today’s market isn’t unreasonable.

What would work out best for us, releasing Clasie now, or loaning him to others until his contract runs out?

Besides Clasie has said in a interview with Dutch media he wants to leave as he and his wife struggle living abroad and want to return to the Netherlands. Feyenoord want him, but by far can’t pay the 10 million euros we want for him.

Welcome to Saints Jannik. Glad Pierre convinced you to come. Looking forward to seeing you play next week when we trounce the Sheep Sh4ggers.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that something special is on the cards for the up coming season? I'm getting the urge to consult the odds with Mr Winstone currently!

Regarding our spend and received amounts etc...

Most deals are done with installments so we probably have not had 50% of the VVD money, not paid up all of the Carillo money to Monaco and so on.

I expect our next signing depends on those leaving the club as things are always tight.

Regarding our spend and received amounts etc...

Most deals are done with installments so we probably have not had 50% of the VVD money, not paid up all of the Carillo money to Monaco and so on.

I expect our next signing depends on those leaving the club as things are always tight.

The players we buy will also likely be purchased by installments so that cancels out.

I agree

£11m for Tadic

£78m

£7m for Armstong

£70m

We're not "break-even" because it isn't about just about the fees. Even if the players coming in are on a lower wage then VVD and Tadic there are 5 of them so they will cost a lot more per month/year then VVD did. You also mention signing and agent fees which are also going to be a considerable cost in all these transfers.

The income from VVD's transfer is not something that goes straight to a "transferkitty" to be spend ASAP. It will go to having additional funds for financing players for a few years forward either for transferfees but it might as well be new contracts for important players.

For us outsiders it is impossible to know how much money has been spend even if we know the fees of ingoing and outgoing transfers.

I agree

£11m for Tadic

£78m

£7m for Armstong

£70m

Did we not but Carrillo with some of the VVD money?

What is all this "VVD money"boll0cks?! Business does not operate like that. We are a football business with all sorts of outgoings, debt and income. The club don't put jam jars on the shelf with sale money and keep it til we need another player. It goes in the global coffers and gets spent in all sorts of ways. The naivety is breathtaking, and that's before minor details like tax, agents, signing on fees, etc etc.

Jannik on the streets of Pompey,

Jannik on the streets of Liverpool,

I wonder to myself

Will your attack be the same again?

As our Great Dane kicks and your scythed down

I wonder to myself

[repeat x 100]

Optional chorus:

He’ll burn down your sh1thole,

He’ll hang that bast@rd Virgil,

Because the football that he constantly plays,

It says Southampton FC are the best side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Toon Saint

Jannik on the streets of Pompey,

Jannik on the streets of Liverpool,

I wonder to myself

Will your attack be the same again?

As our Great Dane kicks and your scythed down

I wonder to myself

[repeat x 100]

Optional chorus:

He’ll burn down your sh1thole,

He’ll hang that bast@rd Virgil,

Because the football that he constantly plays,

Are you feeling alright? These utterings seem like the first signs of madness.

Are you feeling alright? These utterings seem like the first signs of madness.

I have a feeling it may have been a suggested terrace chant/song in support of our new signing Jannick Vestergaard, via a reworking of the song "Panic" by the Smiths. Pal.

I listened to a bit of the interview. No chance of any gig there teaching him English as a foreign language. There's always a tremendous difference between northern and southern Europeans in their English ability, but he sounds like an intelligent guy. Let's hope his positioning is better than Stephens and Hoedts..

• 2 weeks later...

All of the guys we’ve brought in this summer seem like decent characters with a bit of intelligence about them - Armstrong is even studying for a law degree. Doesn’t mean they’ll be brilliant players but hopefully it will improve the dressing room harmony a bit. Certainly preferable to Boufal’s hissy-fits or Lemina’s w@nky hashtags #toniclikeleminade

All of the guys we’ve brought in this summer seem like decent characters with a bit of intelligence about them - Armstrong is even studying for a law degree. Doesn’t mean they’ll be brilliant players but hopefully it will improve the dressing room harmony a bit. Certainly preferable to Boufal’s hissy-fits or Lemina’s w@nky hashtags #toniclikeleminade

Tbf hojbjerg seemed very intelligent and said all the right things but it meant diddly squat on the pitch.

I was eating (al fresco) at Byron, new West Quay development last night. when who should come up to the menu board? As this thread is themed Jannik Vestergaard, there's your answer. :) Slow walking through with his missus. I called out to him, greeted him and wished him well for the season. Seems a nice fella.
should he be eating burgers?

This whole money argument in this thread is ridiculous, and completely ignores the fact that we get a load of TV money every season. Pretty much all other teams apart from Newcastle have a net outflow on transfers, we shouldn't need to be sustainable from a transfer in/out perspective. If we had sold no-one I'd still expect us to spend £30/£40m - that's just the way football is these days.

This whole money argument in this thread is ridiculous, and completely ignores the fact that we get a load of TV money every season. Pretty much all other teams apart from Newcastle have a net outflow on transfers, we shouldn't need to be sustainable from a transfer in/out perspective. If we had sold no-one I'd still expect us to spend £30/£40m - that's just the way football is these days.

Yeah, but some fans need to believe everything they are told by a club.

Strangely they ignored the results from the end of Cortese's tenure though. Never did figure that one out. Guess it got lost in massive wave of white noise and club spin the club put out whilst they lied to the fans and flogged the entire set up. Never seen a previous regimes work dismantled so fast.

wages-word-shows-earn-income-and-salary.jpg

But every single club pays wages. Most in the prem.....more than us

The most recent available accounts show otherwise. Only 7 teams with higher wagebills is not "most of the Premier League".

Swiss Ramble@SwissRamble Apr 4More

Following the growth, #SaintsFC £112m wage bill is the 8th highest in the Premier League, just behind Leicester £113m and only £15m lower than Tottenham, but ahead of Everton £105m.

DZ7NyzTX4AEuXZV.jpg

Edited by Matthew Le God

But every single club pays wages. Most in the prem.....more than us

It's been the fact for the last couple of years that we are in 8th in the wages league, it's been posted on here countless times and you are on here daily so you couldn't have missed, yet you choose to peddle bul****, why is that.

The most recent available accounts show otherwise. Only 7 teams with higher wagebills is not "most of the Premier League".

Swiss Ramble@SwissRamble Apr 4More

Following the growth, #SaintsFC £112m wage bill is the 8th highest in the Premier League, just behind Leicester £113m and only £15m lower than Tottenham, but ahead of Everton £105m.

DZ7NyzTX4AEuXZV.jpg

Old news now though, football salary’s / fees have changed massively in the last 2 years. Bompey able to pay Defoe £150k a week ffs

It's been the fact for the last couple of years that we are in 8th in the wages league, it's been posted on here countless times and you are on here daily so you couldn't have missed, yet you choose to peddle bul****, why is that.

That is two years old. When we were quite good

That is two years old. When we were quite good

Our wages won't have dropped that much since 2017. Saints wages were significantly above a lot of other teams in 2017 yet you think most are now above us. What evidence do you have for that claim when there are PL rules in place restricting yearly increases in wage bills!?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Old news now though, football salary’s / fees have changed massively in the last 2 years. Bompey able to pay Defoe £150k a week ffs

It might be old news but it's the most recent available stats. Yes I'm sure things have changed but with out any evidence only someone with an agenda would claim that most of the prem pay more than us.

• 2 months later...

He doesn't have the quickness of feet you need for the Premier League. No amount of coaching from our brilliant first team coaches is going to change that. Another 20 million + wasted because, like Carrillo, he is simply too slow for the PL. That was known before we bought him, which is a shocking indictment of our current recruitment team.

He doesn't have the quickness of feet you need for the Premier League. No amount of coaching from our brilliant first team coaches is going to change that. Another 20 million + wasted because, like Carrillo, he is simply too slow for the PL. That was known before we bought him, which is a shocking indictment of our current recruitment team.

And we were told how excellent the summer transfers were......

Transfer last 2-3 years have been criminal

Looks more and more a Hughes player every game. Bought as a simple answer to an overly-simplistic question, and subsequently really not cut out for playing against an attack with any level of pace or willingness to keep the ball on the ground. Seems like a reasonably cultured passer of the ball (then again, so did Hoedt), but just agonisingly slow.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Jannik Vestergaard - Official: Signs for Leicester