Brighton game moved for TV

marc_saint

13:30 Liverpool v West Ham (Sky Sports)

13:30 Southampton v Burnley*

* Club agreement further to Burnley's possible participation in the UEFA Europa League the preceding Thursday

16:00 Arsenal v Man City (Sky Sports)

What does that mean? They won't be showing two games at the one time so I'm not sure what they mean.

13:30 Liverpool v West Ham (Sky Sports)

13:30 Southampton v Burnley*

* Club agreement further to Burnley's possible participation in the UEFA Europa League the preceding Thursday

16:00 Arsenal v Man City (Sky Sports)

What does that mean? They won't be showing two games at the one time so I'm not sure what they mean.

Won't be on telly but if Burnley go out the round before, it'll be at Saturday 3pm (I think).

I read it that the Burnley game has been moved, whether or not they progress in Europe. For once a sensible move, as it would otherwise leave us in limbo until 9 days before the fixture was scheduled to take place.

Did you read that in the post above?

Game now on Aug 12th so not a problem now surely

Maybe not this time, but how many games will end up getting moved this season?

I haven't had a season ticket for 12 years; maybe things have changed and season ticket holders in 2018 have nothing else better to do, so can just re-arrange their plans as and when the club tells them to? :rolleyes:

Maybe not this time, but how many games will end up getting moved this season?

I haven't had a season ticket for 12 years; maybe things have changed and season ticket holders in 2018 have nothing else better to do, so can just re-arrange their plans as and when the club tells them to? :rolleyes:

It’’s been this way since 1992

The Burnley game has been moved. Whether or not they get through the Europa League, it is moved.
Which is good - far better than a late change. And I can get there Sunday but not Saturday. [emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

A ball has not been kicked and our first two home games already get moved to stupid unsociable times. The net consequence (for me) is that I will miss both and a season being looked forward to with relish has suddenly descended into the same old business as usual routine. So who loses most in the end, we fans or the club? It emphasises the complete contempt held for fans by those running the PL and their clubs and their all consuming subservience to TV companies. We might as well not be there at all.

A ball has not been kicked and our first two home games already get moved to stupid unsociable times. The net consequence (for me) is that I will miss both and a season being looked forward to with relish has suddenly descended into the same old business as usual routine. So who loses most in the end, we fans or the club? It emphasises the complete contempt held for fans by those running the PL and their clubs and their all consuming subservience to TV companies. We might as well not be there at all.

For the first two months of the season we've had one game moved for tv (Brighton) the rest remain as Saturday 3pm except for Burnley moved due to Europa league , that game moving comes as no surprise to us having been in the Europa league ourselves very recently. Our 2nd home game of the season is Leicester which is Saturday 3pm on a bank holiday weekend .

For the first two months of the season we've had one game moved for tv (Brighton) the rest remain as Saturday 3pm except for Burnley moved due to Europa league , that game moving comes as no surprise to us having been in the Europa league ourselves very recently. Our 2nd home game of the season is Leicester which is Saturday 3pm on a bank holiday weekend .

He knows that.

Its just more irrational whingeing from one of the biggest planks on here.

Booked a week in the sun to celebrate my Birthday. Flying out Monday 17th September. I thought there was a chance that the Brighton game may get moved to the Sunday, but never considered it would get moved to the Monday. Thank you sky, as inconsiderate as ever!

Would have prefered Leicester to also get moved tbh, can't make that one...!

I do think that clubs need to have a look at their ST terms and conditions.

This is an expensive product for most people and perhaps the fixtures should be released before the product is sold. This would enable the customer to see exactly what he/she/Tranny is buying, which is surely a matter of principle.

It then should be stated that if a game is moved from that date he/she/tranny is entitled to a pro rata credit (which could be used against cup games or next seasons ST).

Given the amount of money in football. mostly going into players/clubs pockets, it is about time the fan was given a fairer deal.

As it is, you could buy a ST and miss half the games.

It should be a contract of sale and you do wonder if there is a case for claims of 'not fit for purpose' (like our last two seasons playing style) i.e the purpose being that you are intending to go to the games advertised on the given dates.

I do think that clubs need to have a look at their ST terms and conditions.

This is an expensive product for most people and perhaps the fixtures should be released before the product is sold. This would enable the customer to see exactly what he/she/Tranny is buying, which is surely a matter of principle.

It then should be stated that if a game is moved from that date he/she/tranny is entitled to a pro rata credit (which could be used against cup games or next seasons ST).

Given the amount of money in football. mostly going into players/clubs pockets, it is about time the fan was given a fairer deal.

As it is, you could buy a ST and miss half the games.

It should be a contract of sale and you do wonder if there is a case for claims of 'not fit for purpose' (like our last two seasons playing style) i.e the purpose being that you are intending to go to the games advertised on the given dates.

Why would a football club prioritise the wishes of a customer who brings in no more than 10-20% of their income (if that), over a different income source where the vast, vast majority of their money comes from? This isn't new news, it's a fact of modern English football, so expecting our personal schedules to be factored into match scheduling, when we count for a very small part of a clubs income, is akin to expecting Bank Holidays to be arranged around us.

If Sky or BT want a game changed and it's possible to do so, it's being changed. If we as ST-buying fans don't like it, don't buy a ST. It's a choice.

Why would a football club prioritise the wishes of a customer who brings in no more than 10-20% of their income (if that), over a different income source where the vast, vast majority of their money comes from?

OK, in that case they should be able to afford a refund to anybody whose season ticket hasn't been used on a changed date. They have the information, and if somebody else manages to use it there would be no refund.

Why would a football club prioritise the wishes of a customer who brings in no more than 10-20% of their income (if that), over a different income source where the vast, vast majority of their money comes from? This isn't new news, it's a fact of modern English football, so expecting our personal schedules to be factored into match scheduling, when we count for a very small part of a clubs income, is akin to expecting Bank Holidays to be arranged around us.

If Sky or BT want a game changed and it's possible to do so, it's being changed. If we as ST-buying fans don't like it, don't buy a ST. It's a choice.

yeah, just toe the line mate, no one ever achieved any change with your stance.

yeah, just toe the line mate, no one ever achieved any change with your stance.

Are you saying there was a period when there weren't any Season Ticket holders then? Because as far as I can tell people having STs and a massive period of change in English football seem to have gone together since about 1990...

True, but when did Friday night and Monday night games get introduced? When did the very late changes get introduced, which make it particularly difficult for away fans with pre-booked transport?

Nobody has addressed the point I suggested that, if we as fans are so unimportant financially, we should be recompensed if our tickets are not used for rearranged games. There is a benefit to all clubs from being on TV: why should it be the fans who are disadvantaged by the arrangement.

As for the attempts to put people down when they get annoyed or raise this issue, I find it a bit sad, but then I find certain people upthread a bit sad anyway - no names, no pack drill - but the sort that are always posting sarcastic, negative comments. We all know who they are.

Well Friday night games have been played for years - wasnt the Liverpool game at The Dell on a Friday night when Wallace get the brilliant overhead kick?

Anyone who buys a season ticket expecting games to be 3pm on a Saturday and no changes due to Sky/BT needs a lobotomy.

True, but when did Friday night and Monday night games get introduced? When did the very late changes get introduced, which make it particularly difficult for away fans with pre-booked transport?

Nobody has addressed the point I suggested that, if we as fans are so unimportant financially, we should be recompensed if our tickets are not used for rearranged games. There is a benefit to all clubs from being on TV: why should it be the fans who are disadvantaged by the arrangement.

As for the attempts to put people down when they get annoyed or raise this issue, I find it a bit sad, but then I find certain people upthread a bit sad anyway - no names, no pack drill - but the sort that are always posting sarcastic, negative comments. We all know who they are.

Whilst I sympathise, I do think it's fair to point out that this has been the way for some considerable time, and if we choose to buy a season ticket, then we know there is the possibility of schedule changes.

Well Friday night games have been played for years - wasnt the Liverpool game at The Dell on a Friday night when Wallace get the brilliant overhead kick?

Anyone who buys a season ticket expecting games to be 3pm on a Saturday and no changes due to Sky/BT needs a lobotomy.

Sigh. I don't think anybody here doesn't expect games to be moved. I was at that game, but it's an irrelevance. What we should be aware of is the slow process of Sky etc. pushing at the limits. From Fridays, now various times on a Saturday, various times on a Sunday, Monday night, with often changes done at short notice. It's for their convenience not ours; they gain, we don't.

I've got a season ticket, but quite a few people have mentioned on here that they've given theirs up, with one of the reasons given the inability to get to games. How many games would you have to miss before any one of you gave up theirs?

Are you saying there was a period when there weren't any Season Ticket holders then? Because as far as I can tell people having STs and a massive period of change in English football seem to have gone together since about 1990...

Im not entirely sure what you mean by that Scott?

Sigh. I don't think anybody here doesn't expect games to be moved. I was at that game, but it's an irrelevance. What we should be aware of is the slow process of Sky etc. pushing at the limits. From Fridays, now various times on a Saturday, various times on a Sunday, Monday night, with often changes done at short notice. It's for their convenience not ours; they gain, we don't.

I've got a season ticket, but quite a few people have mentioned on here that they've given theirs up, with one of the reasons given the inability to get to games. How many games would you have to miss before any one of you gave up theirs?

And that's the point. We know games are going to be moved and it's nit much to ask that fans can be credited if they can not make a rearranged game. There's enough money awash in the game to make this more than feasible. A fairer deal for fans, too much to ask?

Will continue every year with posters continually gasping at games being moved. The huge tv contracts naturally leads to more games and hey the number of games are listed and so their entitlement as per contract. Whilst people don’t like it it is comical how it rears it’s head every time a game is moved. If you wanted 3pm games we should’ve never sacked Pellegrino.