The Kindergarten Thread

Batman

Are you being serious?

No lives were lost and yes it’s historical but come on more tragedies have impacted people than this in the last year.

If that's the case, thank God it was Notre Dame and not one of Liverpool's cathedrals. If it had been a Scouse building the rest of the season would need to be abandoned.

Are you being serious?

No lives were lost and yes it’s historical but come on more tragedies have impacted people than this in the last year.

Agree, totally ridiculous to even entertain such a thought as postponing football matches. It seems some people have alien leave of their senses. After all despite all the cultural and historical aspects it is no more than a man-made building and probably built by slave labour with no human rights or health & safety provisions! Nobody was killed yesterday. The only casualty is tourism and the economy. Only in a capitalist society would anybody contemplate a minute's silence for loss of lucrative income. You trill could not make this up!

I'm sure he will. I'm just questioning why some people seem so confident he will suddenly improve based on little more than what Redmond has achieved.

Be fair, Boufal is sure to be as good as Hazzard and Leroy Sane under Ralph, I mean he has turned Redmond into a carbon copy of Raheem Sterling, banging in 20+ league goals a season.

Be fair, Boufal is sure to be as good as Hazzard and Leroy Sane under Ralph, I mean he has turned Redmond into a carbon copy of Raheem Sterling, banging in 20+ league goals a season.

:lol::lol::lol:

Despite him winning us the game Saturday and most likely to win our player of the year, You can’t help but dig at Redmond can you. Why don’t you like him, is it the colour of his skin?

Ex-Saints rule Europe! Tadic, Wanyama, van Dijk, Mané, Alderweireld.... all through to the final 4. You could almost put a World XI together with the players we've sold.

In Les Reed we trust right?!

Stop trolling they said :lol: we have Carillo, Boufal, Elyounoussi and Hoedt

QUOTE=SKD;2727125]:lol::lol::lol:

Despite him winning us the game Saturday and most likely to win our player of the year, You can’t help but dig at Redmond can you. Why don’t you like him, is it the colour of his skin?

what has the colour of his skin got to do with any thing at all?

Its not that I don't like him, I just think he is to wasteful, you all go on like he has been winning us games all year, his 2 goals against wolves are his only goals in 8 games, before that 6 games, he has only 5 league goals all season, hardly what you would call saving us from relegation, he did win us the game, he scored 2 goals he should have scored and was rather lucky with the 2nd that it went in after nearly messing it up, I give the creators of the goals more credit EG Sims and Ings, more ings as he was key to both Redmonds goals, I just don't think a winger with 5 goals is worthy of being player of the year, say what you want, but my standards are a little higher for attacking players, I expect them to be involved in the bulk of the teams goals like they do for every other team, Hoj, Bednarek, Vale, JWP deserve it more, don't care if they played less games, under Ralph they have won us more points, before then I don't care we was bottom 3 of the league 100 % cert relegation fodder and no one who had been starting during this time deserves any award for such horrid displays ( So can only pick from Ralphs time ).

Yeah so Redmond is exciting.. but 9 / 10 his final pass / shot is a huge let down, his dribbling is all he brings and to reward him for doing the only thing he can is just mind boggling.

you are all telling me now that you all think Redmond is worth 40 million for being involved in just 8 league goals in a time when the top 30 wingers in the league are getting 15 + Goal involvements saying he is just as good as Sterling who has more league goals than Redmond has shots on target...……………….

Don't get me wrong, he is much improved on last year, but no way is 5 league goal Redmond crucial to us avoiding relegation and a deserved winner of POTY, its just 1 more goal than our defensive midfielder, 2 more goals than Long ( That has played just 1 k mins... 2 k less than Redmond ) , 2 more than Armstrong who has half his apps, 1 less than JWP with twice his apps and 2 less than Ings who has just 20 apps

You want to give an award to a forward who has just 5 goals in 32 apps, ok fair enough. i expect that amount from our central mids and defenders, not our forwards and strikers.

So thats

Mopo

Big Vic

Alderweireld

Tadic

Mane

VVD

Lallana

Lovren

AOC

All in champions league semi. Thought everyone said they'd regret leaving us?!

Right on cue, just like ring sting after a night of drinking, hot wings and jalapeño poppers.

Edited by OttawaSaint

Right on cue, just like ring sting after a night of drinking, hot wings and jalapeño poppers.

Don't be too hard on the fool because Everton have been bang average in spite of his man crush Silva, coupled with our recent decent from

its been a bad few weeks for him, if he didn't troll us he would have nothing to post

Don't be too hard on the fool because Everton have been bang average in spite of his man crush Silva, coupled with our recent decent from

its been a bad few weeks for him, if he didn't troll us he would have nothing to post

Didn't he also say that Mopo (and his blue tie) would be out of a job by Xmas - Xmas 2014, that is :lol:

Perhaps Cortese and Pochettino's ambition to at least get us into the Champions League wasn't so unrealistic after all? Paul Mitchell and Jose Fonte are achieving that with RB Leipzig and Lille now.
If only we were ambitious enough to recruit managers that had taken both those clubs into the Champions League.

Saints - 16th on 40 points

Relegated - Cardiff on 35 points

Champions - Man City on 98 points

Other two CL spots - Arsenal and Spurs

Auto Promotion - Norwich and Leeds

Playoff Winner - Aston Villa

FA Cup - Man City

Champions League - Spurs

Europa League - Arsenal

Pompey - Auto Promotion

Yep. Saints are bang on to finish 15th. The prediction I made just before season started. Would love to be 100% accurate two seasons in a row !

Yep. Saints are bang on to finish 15th. The prediction I made just before season started. Would love to be 100% accurate two seasons in a row !

Sorry, I meant 16th, I predicted 16th, so on course. If this happened would be two accurate predictions in a row. I don't think anyone else has managed that. Anyway, a long way to go and of course I would be even more delighted if we finished higher.

Sorry, I meant 16th, I predicted 16th, so on course. If this happened would be two accurate predictions in a row. I don't think anyone else has managed that. Anyway, a long way to go and of course I would be even more delighted if we finished higher.

Are you aware of how little anyone cares about your prediction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you aware of how little anyone cares about your prediction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better for the fool so far this weekend and if his beloved Everton win, he will be manually pleasuring himself all through the bank holiday

I think I got the stats/maths right here (am assuming our massive GD advantage over Cardiff can't be overhauled, while our GD position vis-a-vis Brighton is goign to be pretty close if they pick up more points than us between now and the end of the season).

The permutations on our 99.5% chance of staying up with us playing Watford (A), Bournemouth (H), West Ham (A) and Huddersfield (H). Cardiff face Fulham (A), Palace (H) and Man Utd (A). Brighton have Spurs (A), Newcastle (H), Arsenal (A), Man Utd (H)

4+ points = safety guaranteed

3 points = safe unless Cardiff win all three of their matches AND Brighton take 5 points from their 4 games (even then GD might keep us above Brighton)

2 points = safe unless Cardiff win all three of their matches AND Brighton take 4 points from their 4 games (even then GD might keep us ahead of Brighton)

1 point = safe unless Cardiff pick up at least 2 wins plus a draw AND Brighton take 3 points from 4 matches (even then GD might keep us above Brighton)

0 points = safe unless Cardiff pick up 2 wins AND Brighton pick up 2 more points (same rider applies on GD)

I thought you said back in December we only needed 2 more wins to stay up back then? so with 3 in our last 5 games this was done and dusted weeks ago.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?60571-Only-two-more-wins-needed-to-stay-up#.XLzJzhrTWhA

I thought you said back in December we only needed 2 more wins to stay up back then? so with 3 in our last 5 games this was done and dusted weeks ago.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?60571-Only-two-more-wins-needed-to-stay-up#.XLzJzhrTWhA

well, one of those had to be against Cardiff - which would mean they’d now be on 25 points, not 28. Actually, I think the prediction might turn out to be pretty close. If Cardiff lose their remaining matches, it will turn out to have been 100% on the money, amazingly.

Better for the fool so far this weekend and if his beloved Everton win, he will be manually pleasuring himself all through the bank holiday

Funny thing is United haven't played that badly.

Everton have just been absolutely superb

Imagine Everton with a decent squad....

Everton 7th.

Beaten Chelsea, Arsenal n now thrashed United past few weeks

#silvaout :lol:

And there you have it, the five knuckle shuffle is giving him blisters, Fulham is forgotton so soon :smug:

well, one of those had to be against Cardiff - which would mean they’d now be on 25 points, not 28. Actually, I think the prediction might turn out to be pretty close. If Cardiff lose their remaining matches, it will turn out to have been 100% on the money, amazingly.

Which bits are going to be "100% on the money?"

The bit where the team in 18th finishes on 24 points, or the bit where the club in 17th only needs to win five games in an entire season to stay up?

Cardiff arent on 28 points now, they're on 31 points.

Keep running the numbers, genius.

As they are on 32 points now they’d actually be on 29 if we’d beaten them. At the time you posted it we were on 15 points so our two wins and three draws which you said were all we needed would see us on 23 points level with Fulham and down already as we’d Get zero points from our last 4 games. 2 wins to stay up “100% on the money” :lol::mcinnes: one of the most embarrassing threads I’ve ever seen.

As they are on 32 points now they’d actually be on 29 if we’d beaten them. At the time you posted it we were on 15 points so our two wins and three draws which you said were all we needed would see us on 23 points level with Fulham and down already as we’d Get zero points from our last 4 games. 2 wins to stay up “100% on the money” :lol::mcinnes: one of the most embarrassing threads I’ve ever seen.

They’re on 32 points now? Wow. You must be looking at a futuristic league table. In fairness, I was looking at a previous league table (prior to their win at Brighton). So, they’d actually be on 28 points now, given the mystical 32nd point you’ve just invented doesn’t actually exist.

Let’s see how it pans out. Cardiff could get anything from zero points to nine more. If it’s zero (or just one), Saints would obviously not have needed a hatful of points to stay up, to put it mildly. Indeed, a total of just 5 wins, 16 draws and 17 defeats would be enough if our GD was better than Cardiff’s woeful tally, if they lose the next three.

Edited by SaintBobby

Which bits are going to be "100% on the money?"

The bit where the team in 18th finishes on 24 points, or the bit where the club in 17th only needs to win five games in an entire season to stay up?

Cardiff arent on 28 points now, they're on 31 points.

Keep running the numbers, genius.

Yeah, sorry I didn’t base it on the current league table, failing to take account of the Brighton win.

You’re obviously a bit retarded when it comes to statistics though. I mean a lot of folk aren’t necessarily that bothered about binomial distributions and such like. But very few people of your tragically below average intelligence display your misplaced arrogance.

There’s always a range of possible outcomes. At a conceivable, albeit extreme end, the bottom three could have tanked - not just the bottom two. Was a little unlikely that the team in 18th would get 24 points (although the prediction assumed a loss, not a win at St Mary’s), but not impossible.

It’s not a prediction that 25 points will secure safety - it’s in a range of outcomes and at an admitted extreme end.

Could now be as low as 31 or as high as 40. Likely to be much closer to 31, but not certain.

They’re on 32 points now? Wow. You must be looking at a futuristic league table. In fairness, I was looking at a previous league table (prior to their win at Brighton). So, they’d actually be on 28 points now, given the mystical 32nd point you’ve just invented doesn’t actually exist.

Let’s see how it pans out. Cardiff could get anything from zero points to nine more. If it’s zero (or just one), Saints would obviously not have needed a hatful of points to stay up, to put it mildly. Indeed, a total of just 5 wins, 16 draws and 17 defeats would be enough if our GD was better than Cardiff’s woeful tally, if they lose the next three.

I’m also trying to work out how - according to Turkish - a team on 15 points which then gets two wins (which, I think equates to a total of six points) and three draws (which, I believe amounts to three points) has acquired 9 points to add to the fifteen they have, but only end up with 23.

I’m pretty sure 15+9 = 24.

Is there some rule that transfers the 24th point to Cardiff City to magically put them on a tally of 32 rather than 31?

Asking for a friend.

When slamming someone else’s maths, probably best not to assert the following things:

a. 31= 32

b. 15 + 9 = 23

HTH.

Yeah, sorry I didn’t base it on the current league table, failing to take account of the Brighton win.

You’re obviously a bit retarded when it comes to statistics though. I mean a lot of folk aren’t necessarily that bothered about binomial distributions and such like. But very few people of your tragically below average intelligence display your misplaced arrogance.

There’s always a range of possible outcomes. At a conceivable, albeit extreme end, the bottom three could have tanked - not just the bottom two. Was a little unlikely that the team in 18th would get 24 points (although the prediction assumed a loss, not a win at St Mary’s), but not impossible.

It’s not a prediction that 25 points will secure safety - it’s in a range of outcomes and at an admitted extreme end.

Could now be as low as 31 or as high as 40. Likely to be much closer to 31, but not certain.

Which element of the various things you said in that previous thread have turned out to be "bang on the money"?

Just tell me.