Fifteen (!) youngsters sign scholarships with Saints

SuperSAINT

Plus we are reportedly looking to sign one of the best young players in world football from Real Madrid! Our academy is looking very very strong with this year's intake. And to answer the question above from Dr. Kucho - Enzo Robise is a very talented player who scored loads towards the end of last season for the under 18s. He is one to watch for sure.

Plus we are reportedly looking to sign one of the best young players in world football from Real Madrid!

Paulo Lubamba is 15 years old, so can't join until he turns 16 in September.

I think calling him "one of the best young players in world football" is a stretch. If that were the case wouldn't he stay at Madrid?

Don’t you just make up the numbers for them anyway?

I haven't seen them play, so of course it isn't going to be particularly accurate compared to the older age groups. Some things aren't numbers, a lot of non numerical data fields in the database that are factual rather than subjective.

Paulo Lubamba is 15 years old, so can't join until he turns 16 in September.

I think calling him "one of the best young players in world football" is a stretch. If that were the case wouldn't he stay at Madrid?

Yeah I know he can't join until he turns 16 in September.

Maybe he sees a quicker path into our first team than at Real ;) I'm only quoting several sites that said he's one of the best young players in world football.

They were on newsnow the other day. Might be quicker to look up on Google under his name.

Don’t bother even trying when he is in full on pedant mode , I’m sure imho that he’s like that in real life !

No harm meant MLG but you are a pedantry master !

15is somewhat more than usual, probably a sign that the Club has realised the mismanagement of the Academy over the past couple or so years and now aiming to put this right now that we seem to have decent Coa Hong again at the u18 level at least, since Danny Butterfield has Ben brought in.

15is somewhat more than usual, probably a sign that the Club has realised the mismanagement of the Academy over the past couple or so years and now aiming to put this right now that we seem to have decent Coa Hong again at the u18 level at least, since Danny Butterfield has Ben brought in.

What position does Hong play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all of them (almost half) came through our actual academy to this stage so recruitment at the younger ages is still off form. Apparently most of the decent young kids from Southampton end up at Chelsea as we prefer nice kids instead of taking a chance on the kids from Southampton’s inner city.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/world-cup-its-time-for-clubs-to-stop-neglecting-english-players-mrr6tk20t

Good article in The Times. Pretty depressing that not one Southampton player has represented the national team at U17 U19 or U21 recently.

That’s because Les and Martin Hunter have got rid of, or let all the people go who actually were good at finding and developing players, and critically in the case of Jason Dodd, knew what it took to be a premier league player and what it means to play for Saints. From what I understand, it will be awhile before the academy performs as well as it once did, and maybe not until Les departs and takes Martin Hunter and their people with them.