Danny Ings

Toomer

I think it proves how inept and unadventurous our previous two managers have been. Defensive and non-attacking.

I feel confident that under Hughes the team will create and score more goals.

If we can bring in a goal-scoring frontman I agree he should do better than the previous two in terms of goals.

Ings had an 18-month purple patch, which ended three and a half years ago in February 2015. Apart from that, he's never been much of a goal scorer throughout his career, either before or after that spell. He might be worth giving a trial on loan but no way should we risk 20 million on him. We need a goal scorer.

Just look at his record:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Ings

From Adam Blackmore on Twitter...

Here’s a #saintsfc transfer poem I’ve spent hours constructing:

There was a boy called Ings

In Southampton there were whisper-Ings

But that’s all they were

Happy Monday.

Its silly season and there are lots of silly rumours. Who starts them? In this case, one might suspect that it is the agent trying to drum up business for his client as he seemingly has no future at Liverpool.

Now I know that the board has made some bad signings of late. Carrilo was/is a disaster but we all know that that was to support a lame duck manager and that rather than signing him we should have chopped MP sooner and kept the £19m. But the board aren't completely stupid, despite what some on here like to think. I think the world and his dog know that Ings would be a risky signing and stupidly so at £20m.

I suspect that Liverpool, if they want rid of him, will have to let him go out on loan with an option to buy. But who would take him?

Its silly season and there are lots of silly rumours. Who starts them? In this case, one might suspect that it is the agent trying to drum up business for his client as he seemingly has no future at Liverpool.

How exactly does making up a rumour and feeding it to a journalist "drum up business"? How would it have any impact on what happens transfer wise?

If it isn't true as Blackmore states, then luck isn't required

Take it a step further- we as fans could consider ourselves lucky we have such a competent board in place that we don't consider such signings.

Life after all is just a series of events that happen by chance, is it not? The butterfly effect.

How exactly does making up a rumour and feeding it to a journalist "drum up business"? How would it have any impact on what happens transfer wise?

Quite simple surely? If, for example Watford, had genuine interest in Ings, then seeing ‘news’ that we were after him would mean they get their skates on and firm up their interest.

It's the oldest trick in the book. Happens all the time and you surely don't need explaining why.

Quite simple surely? If, for example Watford, had genuine interest in Ings, then seeing ‘news’ that we were after him would mean they get their skates on and firm up their interest.

Maybe a more pertinent example would be Bournemouth. They might be interested in 'bringing him home' but aren't prepared to stump up the cash Liverpool want. So Liverpool conveniently place a story in the media about us being interested in also 'bringing him home' and suddenly Bournemouth will start doubting their competitive advantage, knowing that Ings can also 'come home' to another club other than them.

It's the oldest trick in the book. Happens all the time and you surely don't need explaining why.

If it is "quite simple" and "the oldest trick in the book" then why would the clubs not be aware it is newspaper bull****? I doubt they take any notice of newspaper rumours and certainly wouldn't let it dictate there decisons over multi-million-pound deals.

If it is "quite simple" and "the oldest trick in the book" then why would the clubs not be aware it is newspaper bull****? I doubt they take any notice of newspaper rumours and certainly wouldn't let it dictate there decisons over multi-million-pound deals.

Appreciate that there are a lot of variables and that this in itself wouldn’t make Watford (in my example) bid £20mill as soon as they see the rumour, but it is a piece of the puzzle & part of the psychological ‘when it’s gone it’s gone’ phenomenon. Reporters like Nixon are usually pretty reputable , so even if the links are seemingly false in this case the story would have been fed to him from somewhere & not just made up by him.

If it is "quite simple" and "the oldest trick in the book" then why would the clubs not be aware it is newspaper bull****?

What if it's difficult to tell the difference between reported interest that is genuine and reported interest that is planted...?

Appreciate that there are a lot of variables and that this in itself wouldn’t make Watford (in my example) bid £20mill as soon as they see the rumour, but it is a piece of the puzzle & part of the psychological ‘when it’s gone it’s gone’ phenomenon. Reporters like Nixon are usually pretty reputable , so even if the links are seemingly false in this case the story would have been fed to him from somewhere & not just made up by him.

A bit on Nixon's reputation: https://www.theguardian.com/media/2004/sep/03/theindependent.pressandpublishing

I bet the Dildo Brothers do

so we spent 18m on Carillo , who never played in this league never scored in this league, yet somehow Ings isn't worth a gamble ? if true the club bid 10m then maybe some reality has set in , 10m worth a punt in my view , at 20m we march on and look elsewhere rather than provide scousehampton with a discount on previous purchases

Ings had an 18-month purple patch, which ended three and a half years ago in February 2015. Apart from that, he's never been much of a goal scorer throughout his career, either before or after that spell. He might be worth giving a trial on loan but no way should we risk 20 million on him. We need a goal scorer.

Just look at his record:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Ings

well we spunked 20 million on carrillio didnt we so yes this seems bizzare but par for the course wouldnt bother hes too injurie pron too often and you want bodies to die for the cause not the wages on offer.

Is he though? Did he just get lucky with his Vestergaard and Gunn predictions and he was right about Shaqiri going to Liverpool before it was in the press.

What exactly are you saying his Vestergaard and Gunn predictions were? Link to them?

When did he make a Shaqiri to Liverpool prediction? Link to it?

What exactly are you saying his Vestergaard and Gunn predictions were? Link to them?

When did he make a Shaqiri to Liverpool prediction? Link to it?

Sometimes it's good to take your own advice. He's making it up.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk