New Saints Shirt on sale - £30

Batman

I assume he did next day delivery, whereas I did standard.

I have been quoted 7 - 10 days but maybe that is because the printing on the back takes longer ??

Although it may also be because they are delivering to the store on the IoW !

just think bargain prices but linning toons transfer kitty................just a thought............how about other clubs prices on this site eh?

Actually Sports Direct are the one's taking the hit !

As I explained previously, Under Armour will be paying the royalty to Saints and their price to SD will be unchanged so for us, everyone is a winner :)

My son bought a small adult shirt this time yesterday and had the order confirmed email but has not had the follow up order processed and dispatched email yet, so fingers crossed.

Are others in the same situation? I have read on here that order cancellation emails can be received but hopefully he would have received one of these by now if that was the case.

My son bought a small adult shirt this time yesterday and had the order confirmed email but has not had the follow up order processed and dispatched email yet, so fingers crossed.

Are others in the same situation? I have read on here that order cancellation emails can be received but hopefully he would have received one of these by now if that was the case.

my order still says processing but I have gone for standard delivery which they estimated to be delivered on Saturday

I went standard delivery and order says processing. Expect when they come to process/pick the order I will get and email advising no stock. My boys will be gutted(so will as I will end up paying nearly double)

Presumably it’ll be done in the order people bought them? I.e if you ordered early you’re more likely to get your shirt.

Not that I’d advocate doing this, but could you theoretically buy the small, then return it to a Saints store, plead ignorance that you forgot the receipt and exchange it for one in your size? Most retail places usually turn a blind eye to proof of purchase if the customer is only requesting an exchange.

Won’t work if it’s got Sports direct tags on, and take the tags off and they won’t refund. Stores can also trace card payments nowadays as proof of purchase. They’re not stupid, they’ll know Sports direct have been selling them. If you take a tagless shirt back, claiming you paid in cash and have lost the receipt, I’d be amazed if they’ll let you swap it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it's disgusting that the club try and rip you off for £50 for one of these and even with the season ticket discount these are still a lot cheaper.

Just how can Mike Ashley's company can sell it for half that price, in fact you could get 2 shirts for the price of one??? do the club miss out or is it the manufacturers missing there full cut of profit's???

They can sell it for that price because it costs peanuts to make it so UA make a profit, SD buy in bulk so they don't cost anywhere near what they're selling for retail, and SD are also still making a profit.

FWIW I've spent £90 on two shirts from the Saints shop and £85 on two shirts, a pair of shorts and a pair of socks from Newcastle United's owner. First time in three years SD have actually sold Saints home socks in the correct colour though, they were great for alternative kit the past two seasons.

They have just cancelled my order even though i was one of the first off the mark on this. Absolutely disgusted.

If I were you I would query it and not let them off the hook !

If they continue selling the article, even at a higher price they are still obliged to stick to your original ‘contract’ when stock is available !

Quote the ‘sale of goods act’ and advise them that you are prepared to take it further !

No guarantee that this will work but if they squirm out of it then it really is sharp practice !

If I were you I would query it and not let them off the hook !

If they continue selling the article, even at a higher price they are still obliged to stick to your original ‘contract’ when stock is available !

Quote the ‘sale of goods act’ and advise them that you are prepared to take it further !

No guarantee that this will work but if they squirm out of it then it really is sharp practice !

When I made my order, I got an e-mail back from them saying that while the order is being processed we have not entered into a binding contract, or words to that affect.

I’m not a lawyer, but if they make an offer for a shirt they say is available, which is accepted and consideration is provided in the form of the £24 cost of the shirt, it seems like a pretty binding contract to me. Their online inventory system does not exactly sound like a well-oiled machine, based on some of the comments on here.

I’ve had issues with SportsDirect in the past mainly related to problems with international deliveries, which is why I stopped buying stuff from the for about 5 years until I heard about this offer. That being said, my order seems to be going through. So far.

Unfortunately at the bottom of the original confirmation email there is this:

'This confirmation of receipt of order is subject to stock availability and does not constitute a binding contract. This email does not constitute or represent confirmation of the purchase.

This will be issued when your order has been processed by our warehouse team.'

Unfortunately at the bottom of the original confirmation email there is this:

'This confirmation of receipt of order is subject to stock availability and does not constitute a binding contract. This email does not constitute or represent confirmation of the purchase.

This will be issued when your order has been processed by our warehouse team.'

I've received an email to say my order has been processed. Because of the extra discount, I also ordered some extra (standard Nike) items my son needed for football training. I'm not convinced I was one of the quickest off the mark so I wonder if they're prioritising those orders who bought extra bits (in which case I might've got lucky)?

When I made my order, I got an e-mail back from them saying that while the order is being processed we have not entered into a binding contract, or words to that affect.

I’m not a lawyer, but if they make an offer for a shirt they say is available, which is accepted and consideration is provided in the form of the £24 cost of the shirt, it seems like a pretty binding contract to me. Their online inventory system does not exactly sound like a well-oiled machine, based on some of the comments on here.

I’ve had issues with SportsDirect in the past mainly related to problems with international deliveries, which is why I stopped buying stuff from the for about 5 years until I heard about this offer. That being said, my order seems to be going through. So far.

They don't make you an offer. You make them an offer to buy at that price. They don't accept your offer until they accept your offer.

I've received an email to say my order has been processed. Because of the extra discount' date=' I also ordered some extra (standard Nike) items my son needed for football training. I'm not convinced I was one of the quickest off the mark so I wonder if they're prioritising those orders who bought extra bits (in which case I might've got lucky)?[/quote']

I only bought the shirt and have also had the email saying it’s been processed. I ordered at about 14:30 on Sunday.

I only bought the shirt and have also had the email saying it’s been processed. I ordered at about 14:30 on Sunday.

Could be dependent on size? I ordered mine (large) at least a couple of hours after you, and had an email to confirm the order has now been processed and is in dispatch.

My son's shirt arrived today with other items he ordered, he paid for next day delivery. Sunday ordered Wednesday delivery.

SD have not made an offer, their advertisement on the web site is an "invitation to treat". You make the offer, and SD can refuse to sell. Basic English Contract Law.

By the way, the shirts (well the one I bought anyway) do not come with SD tags, in fact they come with Southampton FC tags, including (in my case) one for the full price and one at a sale price, which I find quite odd, when have the 2018/19 shirts been in a sale? It does make you wonder whether these are seconds or more likely returns.

Whatever 'disclaimer' they put out, you can still query it - the 'sale of goods act' states that they are obliged to sell to you at the 'marked price' (in this case the advertised reduction) !

If they claim that they are out of stock then tell them that you are prepared to wait for replenishment but at the price that they originally confirmed to you ! After all they induced you to purchase in the first place and many people may have signed up to their app under false pretences !

Don't just accept it, pursue it and you do have a very good chance that they will cave in..!

( Ps. 4o years in the retail business should have given me some idea of what actually happens behind the scenes :) )

Whatever 'disclaimer' they put out, you can still query it - the 'sale of goods act' states that they are obliged to sell to you at the 'marked price' (in this case the advertised reduction) !

If they claim that they are out of stock then tell them that you are prepared to wait for replenishment but at the price that they originally confirmed to you ! After all they induced you to purchase in the first place and many people may have signed up to their app under false pretences !

Don't just accept it, pursue it and you do have a very good chance that they will cave in..!

( Ps. 4o years in the retail business should have given me some idea of what actually happens behind the scenes :) )

You're talking out of your arse.

This is wishful thinking I'm afraid. As a simple google will reveal in many places......https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3277262

It's a shame I just missed out on this deal. I wasn't planning to buy a home kit this season but when I saw this thread on Sunday night I nearly changed my mind! Sadly I then discovered I could only buy it in small and didn't want to risk that! Unless they relaunch the offer I will probably just skip this season's home kit.

However, I am wondering whether there might be any possibility that they will run an offer on the away kit. Is there any news on when this will be released? And is it going to be yellow and blue as has been said in the rumours?

If they do an offer for the away kit I might have to consider it. :)

Thank you for your reasoned response, perhaps you could detail precisely why this approach won’t work !

Complaining loads might "work", sure; however, you said they had a legal obligation to sell the shirt at the advertised price, which is simply not true.